News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC member names - colour significance????

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 04, October, 2015, 11:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Can anyone tell me what the significance of the colour of a members name in the forum (and elsewhere) on the BKCC is please?

For example if you go to the Forum front page (or the home page) you will see a list of latest posts and a list of newest members, they vary in colour. Anyone know why?

Me, Daley Down Under and CC Cyclone are currently pink (no idea if it ever changes or why?), yet Brandy Barrel is gold. A lot of the newest members seem to be green.

Can't recall what colour Moleman is but suprisingly it's not yellow!!!  ;D

Gary RH7

I just assumed it was the amount of posts and membership status?

I am sure someone will put us right and give us the secret code. :-X

Moleman

I don't know either but I just assumed it was something to do with when you joined? ie the year or month.

sanzomat

Just a guess, blue = admin/moderator, Green = Supporter (wavy £10), Orange = no wavy £10.

Everyone turns pink when they are online except admin/mods who stay blue?

Do I get the prize?

Facial Hair Optional

No prize Dave cos no one seems to flipping know!!

Ian???????? Where are you mate? If anyone knows, Ian will I bet

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: sanzomat on 04, October, 2015, 05:28:38 PM
Just a guess, blue = admin/moderator, Green = Supporter (wavy £10), Orange = no wavy £10.

Everyone turns pink when they are online except admin/mods who stay blue?

Do I get the prize?
I logged out and checked Dave, I didn't turn from pink to green so I guess that is incorrect!

Moleman

The only thing I do know is that Dave is right about is that blue is for us few admin chaps.  :)

Gary RH7

That reminds me. I paid to get a wavy tenner months ago but still not got one. :'( Where do I get a refund :P

Gary RH7

Quote from: Moleman on 04, October, 2015, 08:24:00 PM
The only thing I do know is that Dave is right about is that blue is for us few admin chaps.  :)

What BLUE? :o and not YELLOW ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 04, October, 2015, 10:52:44 PM
That reminds me. I paid to get a wavy tenner months ago but still not got one. :'( Where do I get a refund :P
I had the same problem last year Dave, I think from memory it might have been Dave Bence who sorted it out for me? One of the moderators anyway!

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, October, 2015, 11:20:04 PM
I had the same problem last year Dave, I think from memory it might have been Dave Bence who sorted it out for me? One of the moderators anyway!

Thanks Trigger :P

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 05, October, 2015, 08:02:59 AM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, October, 2015, 11:20:04 PM

Thanks Trigger :P

Triggeritis - it's catching Gary!!  ;D

Moleman

Gary PM The gaffer & ask him about your donation mate as he will sort it for you.  :)

Gary RH7

Quote from: Moleman on 05, October, 2015, 07:44:59 PM

Gary PM The gaffer & ask him about your donation mate as he will sort it for you.  :)

Cheers Colin. Will do.

benchmark51

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 07, October, 2015, 09:14:59 AM
Quote from: Moleman on 05, October, 2015, 07:44:59 PM

Cheers Colin. Will do.

Hey, Gary you have your tenner! Can you lend me a fiver? ;D ;D ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

Gary, my apologies. You now have your wavy tenner and thanks for your donation 8)

As far as the name colours go, we have:

Red: Administrator
Blue: Global Moderators
Pink: Club Supporters
Green: Members who are not in any member group. These members have varying number of yellow boxes indicating post count levels and have not made any donation.

Post count req for next level (*=Yellow boxes)

Newbie           *                     
Jr. Member   **      50   
Full Member   ***      100   
Sr. Member   ****      250   
Hero Member   *****   500   
Superhero Member      1000   
Mega Member         2000   
Ultra Mega Member      3000   
Fanatical Member      4000   
Superlative Member      5000   

Hope that helps make things a bit clearer :)

Gary RH7

Facial Hair Optional

Crystal! But what about yellow Gaffer? There are some names in yellow like Brandy Barrel and Crunchie Gears? (as seen the list of most recent members)

So, you green members who have not contributed and hence not got a wavy tenner are condemned to never ever being able to be a Superhero member and will have to spend the rest of your days looking at those 5 yellow blocks!  :P

I always thought of them as gold ingots but this is the BKCC so they are bloody YELLOW!!!!!

Bulldog Bri

I think, if a member has managed to reach the full 5 "Gold Ingots" then at least they've been making a contribution to the forum by taking the time to at least pick up the keyboard and be part of the club. Instead of just hiding in the corner not saying anything >:(

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Quite agree Bri, 500 posts is a fair old bit!!!

Gary RH7

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 07, October, 2015, 11:43:20 AM
Crystal! But what about yellow Gaffer? There are some names in yellow like Brandy Barrel and Crunchie Gears? (as seen the list of most recent members)

So, you green members who have not contributed and hence not got a wavy tenner are condemned to never ever being able to be a Superhero member and will have to spend the rest of your days looking at those 5 yellow blocks!  :P

I always thought of them as gold ingots but this is the BKCC so they are bloody YELLOW!!!!!

I was yellow before I got the wavy tenner so that's probably why FHO

Facial Hair Optional

But according to The Gaffer you're supposed to be green before you make a donation and get a wavy tenner Gary! And there is no mention of a yellow coloured member at all. Something is missing!

sanzomat

Gary RH7

Mmmm your right, no mention of yellow. I was defiantly yellow like the other guys because I distinctly remember checking myself when you mentioned them on the 4th

benchmark51

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 07, October, 2015, 01:33:16 PM
Mmmm your right, no mention of yellow. I was defiantly yellow like the other guys because I distinctly remember checking myself when you mentioned them on the 4th

Nope, mines pink as well. ;D

Brandy Barrel

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 04, October, 2015, 11:26:15 AM
Can anyone tell me what the significance of the colour of a members name in the forum (and elsewhere) on the BKCC is please?

For example if you go to the Forum front page (or the home page) you will see a list of latest posts and a list of newest members, they vary in colour. Anyone know why?

Me, Daley Down Under and CC Cyclone are currently pink (no idea if it ever changes or why?), yet Brandy Barrel is gold. A lot of the newest members seem to be green.

Can't recall what colour Moleman is but suprisingly it's not yellow!!!  ;D
I guess my tenner was a gold one, perhaps you get points for good attendance!
Although no floppy money waving for me either.

Brandy Barrel

Brandy Barrel

Sorry that 'quoted' post was on my iPad but had not been posted, I just pressed post, but it was obviously quite old....sorry guys, I'll pay more attention lol

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 07, October, 2015, 02:39:27 PM
Quote from: Gary RH7 on 07, October, 2015, 01:33:16 PM

Nope, mines pink as well. ;D
Completely different kind of member Dave as well you know! :o

Facial Hair Optional

All this talk of pink members, hairdressers and wavy floppy things is giving me the willies lads ;D

Moleman

We don't want to know what you get up to in your own home mate.  :o

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 07, October, 2015, 11:03:24 PM
I might have guessed. I've been waiting for this all bloody day. You always give me a good laugh Col and being as this is my 1000th post and therefore I have achieved the lofty level of Superhero Member, it is quite appropriate that I got it replying to you - what are the odds eh!!  ;D ;D

PS You should stop peeking through my lounge window late at night if you don't like what you see!!!  :P

Facial Hair Optional

Having looked at the list of new members and analysed who is green, who is gold/yellow and how many posts they have reached, I have come to the conclusion that newbies change from green to yellow at a certain number of posts. My guess is it happens when you get your 2nd gold/yellow ingot, ie 50 posts/junior member. Only a guess but my confidence is high that that is correct!

I am ready to be proven wrong though if anyone has better info  8)

Who says OCD is never useful!!

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 07, October, 2015, 11:27:19 PM
I might have guessed. I've been waiting for this all bloody day. You always give me a good laugh Col and being as this is my 1000th post and therefore I have achieved the lofty level of Superhero Member, it is quite appropriate that I got it replying to you - what are the odds eh!!  ;D ;D

PS You should stop peeking through my lounge window late at night if you don't like what you see!!!  :P

Congrats Steve, that must be the quickest 1000 posts so far. A new Super Hero in the club :P

8)

Facial Hair Optional

Cheers Bri (though I think you maye be slightly taking the p :o ss if this club's members track record is anything to go by so far!!)

I think my shoulder injury may be what's called BKCCRSI, Bristol Kit Car Club Repetitive Strain Injury!!  ;D

Gary RH7

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 08, October, 2015, 09:09:42 AM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 07, October, 2015, 11:27:19 PM

Congrats Steve, that must be the quickest 1000 posts so far. A new Super Hero in the club :P

8)

Only took him 1 yr 4 months with 6 days 15 hours and 36 mins on line...even at 3AM. Dedication or what?

Moleman

I think I will contact that charity that helps old people meet new friends. How far are you happy to travel FHO?  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Gary RH7

Just made it to Senior. Only 1/4 of the way to FHO :-*
Jes! I'm not staying up that late :-[

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 08, October, 2015, 12:37:39 PM
I think I will contact that charity that helps old people meet new friends. How far are you happy to travel FHO?  :P :P :P :P :P :P

Even when I'm in pain you make me laugh Col!! Cheers dude!! We made new friends at the indoor karting track today and at Combe. Actuallly come to think of it pretty much most of the guys and Combe were old and grey!!

I'm just very efficient at using my time well Colin, and I have mastered the black art of being in two places at once!  :P

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 08, October, 2015, 03:45:08 PM
Just made it to Senior. Only 1/4 of the way to FHO :-*
Jes! I'm not staying up that late :-[
Well done Gary, keep on keeping on mate!

One benefit to being a chronic insomniac, more hours in my day!!!