News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Those were the days...

Started by 'The Gaffer', 13, November, 2015, 11:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Engineering at it's best 8)

The moment you realise pram ingenuity hit it its peak in 1951. Clicky pic...

benchmark51

Love it, hang on but I hate cyclist! lol.

Iancider

Great idea,

My mother didn't discover this because she used to take me to the shops and leave me there.  :(

SPAXIMUS

But if you watch the video she pedals off down the wrong side of the road, typical cyclist!

But on a more serious point, that has been replaced by an Audi Q7 driving mad woman who feels she can drive how she wants.

Moleman

Yes they have been replaced with massive 4x4's now.  :)

Brandy Barrel

Rod operated brakes......... I bet stopping with that extra weight was impossible..

Facial Hair Optional

My mum had a bike like that, the brakes were crap! I had a little bike back in the 60's (German I think) with white tyres that to brake the rear wheel you had to jam the pedals backwards! It was fantastic for doing really long skids with!!! I'm sure I held the 7 year olds world record at the time  ;D

benchmark51

I had little 3 wheeler bike with a bin on the back when I was about 5 or 6, that was a fixed wheel too.
Going downhill and my little legs were just a blur. ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Mine wasn't a fixed wheel Dave, you could coast it with your legs stationary, just to operate the rear brakes you pedalled backwards slightly! Weird!

I assume it had some kind of braking mechanism inside the rear hub maybe? A bit like drum brakes but they are activated by pushing the pedals backwards. Pretty much locks them up every time though!