+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Shark Raw Urban helmet

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 15, November, 2015, 10:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Thinking of getting me one of these for road use. Love the look. Especially this one, the matt green version.

Protects the face without feeling hemmed in by a full face helmet and is supposed to be good when wearing specs though I have heard the opposite too. Apparently very, very comfy too and the goggles dont mist up.

1st spotted one at the bikers convention I went to (and posted pics of) at Frampton Cotterell a few months back, it looked great  8) (pics now attached)

I may go to Fowlers in Bristol and try one out I think.

Iancider

Its a good commando look. 

I am expecting a Olive green vest and camo' trousers to go with it.  How will you drive in those big boots?

Oh yes and you will be needing those mesh fingerless gloves and a Bronx accent.  :D ;) :P 8)

benchmark51

Looks a bit like starwars R2D2 or was it CP3O?!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 15, November, 2015, 10:22:57 PM

I am expecting a Olive green vest and camo' trousers to go with it.  How will you drive in those big boots?

Oh yes and you will be needing those mesh fingerless gloves and a Bronx accent.  :D ;) :P 8)
Got all of that already Ian, tucked away in my secret pervy trunk in the cellar!   ;D

Re; big boots... very thin soled ones!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 16, November, 2015, 06:44:48 AM
Looks a bit like starwars R2D2 or was it CP3O?!
Hmmm, I bet someone somewhere sells Star Wars stormtrooper helmets!!  ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

If your going to be showing us pictures of you in your gimp mask next then please give us a warning first.  :P :P :P

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 16, November, 2015, 08:08:13 PM
If your going to be showing us pictures of you in your gimp mask next then please give us a warning first.  :P :P :P
WARNING!!!!!!! WARNING!!!!!!! WARNING!!!!!!!

(kidding)

'The Gaffer'

Great looking helmet, but looks a bit of a faff to use? I'd be interested to see what you think once you have tried it out as I'd quite like the choice of full or open.

Demo.

benchmark51

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 18, November, 2015, 11:08:16 AM
Great looking helmet, but looks a bit of a faff to use? I'd be interested to see what you think once you have tried it out as I'd quite like the choice of full or open.
I had a chat with a guy selling one used on ebay, he was getting rid of it for exactly that reason, too much faff. Went back to a flip up visor full face helmet. I still plan to try one on when I can though, love the look for day to day road driving.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 18, November, 2015, 11:27:03 AM
Nah, one of these

I've tried goggles Dave, can't get on with them with my specs on  :(  plus no chin/face protection from stones etc. Got hit in the lip once by a bee, not nice!

At least it wasn't an angry hornet though, could have had a Westie attached to it's arse, that would really hurt!!!  :P :P

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 18, November, 2015, 11:08:16 AM

And fairly reasonably priced at about £140...

Facial Hair Optional

I managed to get a matt black one of these this week cheap! See picture at the start of the thread. I will bring it with me Friday to Combe if anyone there wants to check it out. Not tried it on yet as it just arrived ten mins ago but I will give my feedback as soon as I can.

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: Iancider on 15, November, 2015, 10:22:57 PM

What no underpants :o.

Oh , I get it a picture of his helmet.  What else could one expect? Hahaha