News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Google self drive car hits bus video

Started by 'The Gaffer', 10, March, 2016, 04:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Heres the moment the new Google self drive car hits the bus. The video is shot from the bus dash cam and is not great quality, but it's interesting nevertheless.

benchmark51

The car looks to be indicating and slowly moving out. Bus driver could have avoided that I reckon.

Gary RH7

Quote from: benchmark51 on 10, March, 2016, 09:10:18 PM
The car looks to be indicating and slowly moving out. Bus driver could have avoided that I reckon.

I bet what was going through the bus drivers mind was ..self drive car...self drive bus next..I am going to loose my job... we will see about that >:( >:( >:(

Iancider

I think the Google car was driving without due care and attention - the court case will be interesting. :o

paintman

My daughter and her husband have a new Nissan with all the extras on it including self parking.....you guessed it, they're
both too scared to try it out!!  Lol :-[

Gary RH7

Quote from: paintman on 10, March, 2016, 11:51:33 PM
My daughter and her husband have a new Nissan with all the extras on it including self parking.....you guessed it, they're
both too scared to try it out!!  Lol :-[

Don't you just love modern technology  :o

I have assisted breaking on my Passat but I don't think it would have stopped me hitting a Badger Monday night.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 10, March, 2016, 09:10:18 PM

I agree. It seems to be a trait with bus drivers, they just think because their indicators are on and they are huge that they can just pull out and the onus is on other road users to avoid them. They do it a lot round here!!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 10, March, 2016, 09:39:59 PM
I think the Google car was driving without due care and attention - the court case will be interesting. :o

What is that in the bus drivers right hand? A sandwich maybe?? Driving with one hand only and impaired at that?? Hmmm.....

longtimecoming

I see on the news, that Bristol, among others, is planning on introducing driverless cars and lorries on our roads. So how do you take a driverless car to court for turning in front of you and proving it was it's fault? From the looks on the video, the driverless car was indicating left and presumed that every one else will get out the way. We all know that does not happen in real life, especially bus drivers. my brother was a bus driver, so know it's true.   

Vindicator

[/quote]

Don't you just love modern technology  :o

I have assisted breaking on my Passat but I don't think it would have stopped me hitting a Badger Monday night.

[/quote]

Looks like it was a Google badger that hit you :o

benchmark51

Just think if it catches on we can send the cars to Queens square on their own and have a lie in! ;D

Moleman

I like that idea Dave. then I can pop down later at a more civilised time.  8) I'm just not sure how I'm going to get there.  ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 12, March, 2016, 10:22:44 AM
Just think if it catches on we can send the cars to Queens square on their own and have a lie in! ;D

Excellent idea ;D

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 12, March, 2016, 07:41:31 PM
I like that idea Dave. then I can pop down later at a more civilised time.  8) I'm just not sure how I'm going to get there.  ;D

You can have your lie in actually IN the car Colin! Let it drive you there, then just wake up and head straight out for brekky in one of the cafes! Or maybe get it delivered to the car and have breakfast in bed?

benchmark51

Trouble is if we use the cars as 'gophers' then the WAG's are gonna be redundant, and they might start knitting ruddy awful jumpers. ;D