News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Insurance

Started by benchmark51, 01, April, 2016, 03:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Just had an insurance quote from AIB. With who I insure my Locost £100 F/Comp and my Transit £200 F/Comp.

The quote was for a Peugeot 206, 1.4cc, 2003 reg, 1500 miles p.a. £519 F/comp :o

Facial Hair Optional

I suspect they are trying to put you off! Succeeded I guess?  ;D

benchmark51

Sure did, time to look for a new insurer! After recommending them too.

Facial Hair Optional

Maybe it's their way of saying they only really want to take on kit car insurance Dave? They are a niche insurer I think.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: benchmark51 on 01, April, 2016, 03:54:42 PM
Just had an insurance quote from AIB. With who I insure my Locost £100 F/Comp and my Transit £200 F/Comp.

The quote was for a Peugeot 206, 1.4cc, 2003 reg, 1500 miles p.a. £519 F/comp :o

I'm thinking that must be a big mistake Dave. They did a great deal for me on Alpina Z4 and my SE Astravan, neither being kit cars.

I would call again for confirmation.

benchmark51

No not at all, they insure everthing. I thought the quote would be favourable as I already have 2 policies with them and they are members of BKCC.

Facial Hair Optional

OK, I will try them next time my Beemer is due for renewal.

Why don't you ask them if it's a mistake Dave? They may give you a lower price out of sheer embarrassment!!   ;D

I ALWAYS play one off against the other and tell my current one to reduce their renewal substantially or I am off. It has never failed yet, I often get around £100 off. I also give them my rant about rewarding new client business when they should be rewarding my loyalty - that gets them soretd out I can tell you!

benchmark51

This wasn't a renewal, I have just got it so new business.
I'll ring Darren tomorrow, see what he says.

benchmark51

Just phoned Darren at AIB about yesterdays insurance quote. He said that the quote was about right, £519 fully comp and £356 TPFT. He said he could bring it down to £309 TPFT.

So the Locost is £100 F/C, the Transit £200 F/C and the Peugeot 206 1.4 is £309 TPFT :-X

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: benchmark51 on 02, April, 2016, 10:47:57 AM
Just phoned Darren at AIB about yesterdays insurance quote. He said that the quote was about right, £519 fully comp and £356 TPFT. He said he could bring it down to £309 TPFT.

So the Locost is £100 F/C, the Transit £200 F/C and the Peugeot 206 1.4 is £309 TPFT :-X

If you can't beat that on compare the meercats I'll eat my shoes. Crazy price for such a small engined car. The X5 is less!!!!

I'm with Elephant, have found them very good. I always use compare the market every year though and find fiddling around with certain options can make a big difference, eg adding my ex as a named driver brought the price down a fair old bit from just me on my own. If you have a sensible lady friend with a responsible job mate it can help!

fullpint

Could be your NCB,, Can only be used on the one policy, all other policy you can not use any of your NCB :(

benchmark51

Quote from: fullpint on 02, April, 2016, 11:59:38 AM
Could be your NCB,, Can only be used on the one policy, all other policy you can not use any of your NCB :(

Which is what is screwed up about insurance. You earn NCB for being a careful, experienced driver and over a period of time you build it up by not claiming from the insurers. The NCB should relate to the driver for whatever they drive. It suggest that you become a high risk, inexperienced driver by getting into another car.

fullpint

EXACTLY; After all we can only drive ONE car at a time can't we? So therefore (Insurance companies if your looking) why cant we use our NCB on ALL the policy we hold with you???

benchmark51

I wonder if Darren at AIB would care to answer that?

Most of us have more than one policy and NCB belongs to us through our efforts to earn it, it should be usable on any policy we buy.

Facial Hair Optional

I'm sure thay have a plausible answer ready, I have tried to think of a good one myself but I keep finding flaws in them, so yep I agree with you guys!