News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Another DPD cockup

Started by benchmark51, 07, April, 2016, 03:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

I buy quite a lot of stuff on Ebay and usually like to use 'Click and collect' as I get informed when the item is ready for collection and I can collect, at my convenience upto 8pm. :)

On this occasion what I bought wasn't on 'Click and collect', but went for it anyway. I was informed by DPD that my item would be delivered at my address between 9.30am and 10.30am. This message was recieved at 9.27am :o. I got back home at 9.40am only to have missed the delivery >:( , by 2 minutes.
(This is the second time in a month this has happened with DPD).

So I was told by them they would re-deliver the next day, so I wait in. Then I get a message at 9.30am saying delivery will be between 16.36pm and 17.36pm. >:( >:(.

I have contacted the seller to tell them I won't be buying from them again if they use DPD. The seller phoned me to apologise even though it wasn't their fault. So now they will look at using 'Click and collect'.

Facial Hair Optional

Had a similar pile of poo service from DHL mate, never again.

Gary RH7

At least they didn't pup it in the bin that was being collected like The Post Office.
I always track DPD and I usually get a tracking number. I can go on the net where they tell me the drivers name, where he is and how many deliveries he has before mine. One driver sat outside the house because he was early and explained he had to.

sanzomat

Got to have sympathy with the drivers though. Apparently most of them are "self employed" and have to pay for their own vehicles, fuel, and uniforms etc. but I heard they only get 30p for each parcel they deliver...

benchmark51

Quote from: sanzomat on 07, April, 2016, 05:37:14 PM
Got to have sympathy with the drivers though. Apparently most of them are "self employed" and have to pay for their own vehicles, fuel, and uniforms etc. but I heard they only get 30p for each parcel they deliver...
I don't know where you heard that. In the 5 years I did the job none of that was true. I drove vans up to and including 7.5 T delivering lead, steel, wood, tyres, frozen food, white goods, general parcels, catalogue and Ikea stuff all over the place.

Facial Hair Optional

I saw a documentary a year or two ago, can't recall the exact subject of it but they covered a guy who did parcel drop deliveries in a well known companies van, he did a fair few every day and was one of the top guys but I was still gobsmacked when he got back to the depot, got out of his van and drove home in his nice white Bentley Continental GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benchmark51

Well I never earned that much but I did ok. The only downside was they sometimes push you to do more and more but you have to try and stay within the speed limits.