News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

End of our world?

Started by benchmark51, 10, April, 2016, 07:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchmark51

Lucky Ed

paintman

Well, I now know which way to vote when it comes to staying in the EU or not! ::) :-X

longtimecoming

I see that the original article was printed in September 2012 and no mention of it since.

Iancider

It has not been dropped and they are still talking about it.  The EU just hates independent thought so that just makes me think independently.

Ian

Crunchie Gears

I have my doubts that this is possible.

I used manufacture medical devices and they introduced legislation on modification.  If you manufactured or modified a device you had to record the providence of the device so any fault could be traced to the manufacturer.  It added a bureaucracy but it did not stop changes.

I would be surprised if the rules on cars was more onerous that medical equipment IMO!

I am visiting a car manufacturer tomorrow and I will ask them what they know. 

benchmark51

I too doubt that such a thing could work. A database of specifications would be needed for all cars, vans ect. As manufacturers make modifications themselves the database would need to be constantly updated. A car manufactured on a certain date could be different from another from the same production line that is made 2 months later. Thats going to get complicated.

The questions are why do it in the first place and do we want Brussels to be governing our affairs.

SPAXIMUS

They are still trying to make every one conform a bit like the Borg on Star Trek, resistance is futile as eventually they will get there way.
In France Classic cars are allowed, but not as transport, to use them they have limits on where and when they can be driven.

I was involved with the DOT over MOT and various things and unbelievably they were consulting with Turkey even then to prepare them for membership.

We have an active group (ACE) who are fighting this and also there are supporters as the Kit car and modification business is worth millions to the economy. That is why we have the BIVA and Germany have the TUV which allows us to demonstrate that modifications are not unsafe.

I shall vote for Brexit but there are much more important reasons than our hobbies.

longtimecoming

Trying to shed more light on a murky subject.
I have had a reply from my contact within VOSA, his opinion is as follows: