News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Desperately seeking Q66 ANJ

Started by delbert, 02, June, 2016, 08:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delbert

Hi Guys,

My first posting on your forum but I am really hoping that the kitcar scene I used to love so much, could help me out locate my old beloved kitcar.
You know how it goes, new house, new baby and the car had to go, what a mistake :-(

I was a long time owner of the above vehicle and was wondering if it's still about as I would love to try and get her back, to a once loving owner.

I am Desperately seeking or information on "Q66 ANJ" (Eagle RV kit)

I am really hoping someone has seen my old vehicle in the last 10 years or has any information on its whereabouts now, even a town where it was seen could give me a clue to work on.

The DVLA records this vehicle as having an MOT and TAX until October 2015 and is now SORN, it is also stated that the color is still black (Painted not gel coat).

There are very few of these about now so if you see one it should jump out.

I know it lived around Poole, Dorset when I had it, I then sold it locally, it was then not seen for many years until about 6/7 years ago where it was seen driving near Liskeard Cornwall but nothing since.

There are beer tokens awaiting as a reward for the person who gets an address or name and just to be clear my intentions are purely Honorable.
Any info on where my old RV is now would be very appreciated.

If anyone has any information or suggestions then please feel free to contact me by Email to simon@xswind.co.uk or if you could simply put the word out there then you would really help me on my almost impossible task.

The only picture I have is given below but its not the best photo as this was pre-restoration but it shows what she did look like, I suspect she must be far nicer to look at now.

(If the picture does not show, then please review the pics in this link:  http://www.zen101724.zen.co.uk/jeep/)

Posting with fingers crossed
Simon(Delbert)

Facial Hair Optional

Hi Simon, I will put the word out for you but it would also help if you told us exactly what the car is rather than just the reg number please?

delbert

So sorry I forgot to mention that.

It's an Eagle RV kit build on a Ford Cortina

I really do appreciate any help, advice or suggestions to help me in my impossible quest :-)

Facial Hair Optional

I wonder if the DVLA can help Simon? If it were on the road I heard of a sneaky way to find the owners via the DVLA but it won't work if on a SORN.

A friendly police officer may be able to run a PNC check on it for you, but 1st you have to find one! I do know of one who is a kit car owner but I'm not sure I want to put him in that position as I'm sure they could get into trouble for it. However, someone like him may be good to ask for advice on this kind of thing I guess? I'll see if I can email him and ask if he has any suggestions. Trouble is he may well think you are up to no good!

delbert

Thanks for that tip but its currently SORN so no good i am afraid :-(

I have been busy though.

Mission update.

So far I have been on a total mission, I have sent emails and posted on almost all the general kit car club forums in the south of the UK.

I have also posted on the south coast Kitesurf forums and the British VWT4/T5 forums but no bites as yet.

Next on the investiogation list are the next steps in my search.
- Post on the UK surfing forums
- Post on a kitcar group with 2000 members.
- Ask an MOT station if they can tell me where the last MOT station was.
- Get my mate to touch up my best picture and make the paint look good all over, then consider paying GUMTREE to put this as a prefered advert for 7 days.
- Email all the indipendant MOT stations and ask them, not really the sort of vehicle Halfrauds would touch or know how to MOT.

I have found out that Q66 ANJ has only 1 MOT issued in the last 9 years and that was last year from 31 Oct 2014 through to 31st Oct 2015 but nothing else.
That record shows a clean PASS and even gives me a MOT certificate number, I had hoped I could use that to track down the MOT station which in turn would give me a 20 mile radius to focus on but no banana.

I wonder if a friendly MOT station can find the last MOT station using this information? I can't see that being a Data Protection issues as no personal identification information is being asked for or released, its just like asking for conformation that an MOT was done, from there I could continue looking. I am going to ask this question soon.

I have seen every possible kitcar and jeep and black jeep image google can provide and nothing I even went international with those searches but nothing.

I have found some more pictures, one of it in its full glory and painted Silver and a number pre suspension and engine modifications and myself looking pretty spotty 

Odd what you find while digging about trying to find the name of the guy I sold it to, I have found 10 years of insurance certificates dating way back to my ownership.

Man that cost some money to insure as a youngster.

Just for interest, I did change the engine for a 3ltr V6 for a few years, man that was a beast and an insurance group 9 back then, almost the top level back then.

Oddly I had to go back to the Pinto as the insurance was too much year on year but it was fun at the time.

The Mission continues

Vindicator

You've probably already tried this but what about the owners club?

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Simon, I posted your quest on another kit car forum and have had one reply that sounds viable. Here it is mate....

Well I tried every internet ruse I know but this vehicle has not advertised itself much on the internet so there is only one remaining possibility. It is possible to seek the name and contact details from the DVLA by completing form V888 and IF you have a good reason to receive the information you will get a result. The last time I looked at the this the fee was £2.50. My guess is that because you previously owned the vehicle and you would like to buy it back then you have a legitimate reason to ask. Most people who use this process and success are flaky parking officials so I think your reason is better than theirs! Good luck!

https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla

delbert

Many thanks for that tip and I have downloaded the form and working on filling it out.

I really do appreciate the help and I am not giving up now.
Even finding an alternative of the same type is getting me know where.

I have founds loads of docs but nothing of any use so far, I even ventured into the sauna of the attic to try and find mycopies of my modification letters from back in the day. I know I have them and hope they gave the chassis or bin number as I have a possible research avenue if I can that info

Wonder if my old insurance company would still record my letters after 15+ years?

Regards simon