Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

BKCC Kit Car Show & French Boules Competition - Sat 4th June 2011

Started by Krazyken, 17, April, 2011, 10:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Dixie

Mich my wife is coming with me on Saturday.  We are daughterless, she is off to a friends for the day.

What time are we meeting?

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Denzle on 31, May, 2011, 10:08:57 PM
If its in the afternoon then count us in.  Let me know what time then I can blast down in the VX220.
Do we have to have our own boules, or can we just look on and take some pics as we dont have any.

Mr & Mrs Denzle....

Boules are supplied :)

Quote from: Dixie on 31, May, 2011, 10:48:26 PM
Mich my wife is coming with me on Saturday.  We are daughterless, she is off to a friends for the day.

What time are we meeting?

Mark

Added +1 Mark. I am waiting for Ken to conform time, watch this space.

'The Gaffer'

Updated list below

Krazyken
Wallnut
Mendip Wurzel
The Gaffer
Marlborocar
Foggy?
Dixie + 1
Stupott901
Ace Fettler
Mad Marky Mark
Sumov8
Dave Bence
Cob68
Hairy Santa + 1
knuckle head
Denzle + 1

Krazyken

As last year please be at the pub for 12 midday, I will be there early to clear the front so that we can have a good display of car on the front and use of the rear car park.  Lunch will be between 12.30 -2pm then it will be Boules in the afternoon.

See you there.

'The Gaffer'

Daley Down Under

All,

I may be struggling with this now. We were due back from barge holiday late morning but we are currently stuck in Nuneaton (oh joy) waiting for the canal to re-open (they found a body in it last night).

I will hope to pop across to the pub in the afternoon

Adrian

chipp

Hi all
will try and pop by during the day all depends on what time i finish work
and if  shmbo hasn't got a list of jobs for me to do

take it easy

Jon

knuckle head

Sorry guys I have to pull out gota go to london for family bonding...

foggy

Hairy Santa

Quote from: foggy on 03, June, 2011, 07:27:40 PM
hoods home all done meet u all at lay buy

Thats great, but not the layby  - the car park  - have a look on the map on the earlier posts

see you there  ;)

Krazyken

I will be joining you all at 2pm for the Boules, just to much to do at home at present.  Looking forward to seeing a great BKCC display on the front.

'Mendip Wurzel'

I should be there today with wife and dog. I rang the pub and they allow dogs, and wifes.

Blue skys for a change.... yahoo.

Kevin

andygtm

Have a good time all. Sorry can't make it but went last year and had a very nice day.   

'Mendip Wurzel'

A very interesting and pleasant gathering. Everbody has a story to tell like Foggy's and his life as a miltiary sniper and paratrooper, if you want to know anything about keeping elephants then ask June as she has 50!!, and Wallnut as a dog training expert and magazine editor. As usual great company...

The gathering.

And no, the Dakar is not perched on top of the Seven.

Denzle

"Well"
So sorry to let you down fellas..... :(   

We went to junction 18 on the M4, turned right, but couldnt see the pub. Just a great clump of trees.   We stopped at the top of a track that said something about factories, then asked a chap if there was a pub down that narrow lane.   He said no.

We asked another couple if they knew where the pub was.  They both said no.    So we went back up the M4 to the Parkway pub in the hope we might possibly see someone there.. But no one was..... :'(

So we had a meal at the parkway then went back home.

Since checking the Google map again, the pub was down that track.   Am I right chaps or wrong.    The pub is hidden from view from the road by the trees...right.

Next time I go out I will set the TomTom, even if it is easy to find without one.

Denzle........ >:(

Hairy Santa

No not down any lane

sorry you missed us

punch in Sherston on the goggle map

Cob68

Hi All, sorry I missed this, left in plenty of time and had engine trouble. I feel its electrical so most likely the condensor, engine misfires and drops revs, does not tick over well. Have a Dual Point Mallory Dizzy and sounds as if they seem to eat condensors. Checked the fuel line and carb already and recently thought I had solved the problem with a new coil and ballast resistor, but I am upgrading to an electronic ignition and doing away with the points. Will probably change the spark plugs for good measure but they were all sparking on all 8 cyclinders. What fun!!

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Denzle on 04, June, 2011, 05:37:04 PM
We went to junction 18 on the M4, turned right, but couldnt see the pub. Just a great clump of trees.   

I think there was just a little more to it than just turning right off the M4 Denz :D I posted the route on page 3. Shame we missed you.

Quote from: Cob68 on 04, June, 2011, 06:03:10 PM
Hi All, sorry I missed this, left in plenty of time and had engine trouble. I feel its electrical so most likely the condensor, engine misfires and drops revs, does not tick over well. Have a Dual Point Mallory Dizzy and sounds as if they seem to eat condensors. Checked the fuel line and carb already and recently thought I had solved the problem with a new coil and ballast resistor, but I am upgrading to an electronic ignition and doing away with the points. Will probably change the spark plugs for good measure but they were all sparking on all 8 cyclinders. What fun!!

That's a shame, I hope its nothing too serious :(

It was a great day, tiny bit of rain on the way up but stayed dry for the rest of the day.

Although we did attempt to chuck a few balls around, we were lost without our Boules tutor 'Krazy Ken' He was the only one who knew how to play the game but sadly couldn't attend. A great social day though with food and sunshine - Nice roads too.

We did have a go, honest :) Can I award myself the best boules action shot of the day :))

It seemed much easier to sit, eat and chat.

Only room for six out front. Lots of people stopped to look though. Even a non member kit car stopped, I wonder who it was?

Little and large, Tony's Stuart Taylor and Jon's Dakar

Star of the show 'Millie the dog'

Denzle

Hi All,

If you look at the google map of the pub you will see another small car park further up the lane. must have missed the first entrance.

Thats where we asked if there was a pub down the lane, and the stupid idiot said no.  We turned round in that car park.  If we hadnt seen him we would have gone down to the end where the pub was.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr   Denzle..... >:(

Dixie

We had a pleasant afternoon, weather was nice, food was good and company was better.  Nice to meet some new faces, loved the Dakar, bloody huge.

Sadly I didnt get a photo of the 2 x cars in the car park behind the pub.

Shame all the names that posted they would come didn't turn up. Accepted others couldn't make due to un-forseen circumstances but they posted to say so.  We were waiting at the pub for persons to turn up, but in the end we decided not to play Boules and just enjoy the company.  Some photos listed below.

Just a quick note, the club will only work with your support, today was a perfect day for a blast with the car and meet some members.  Thats me off my "Soapbox".

Daley Down Under

Looks like you all had fun - good pics.  We have finally made it home.  Canal was closed until 5pm last night which meant we did not arrive back at base until lunchtime today and then 4pm before we made it back to Thornbury.

Next year ...

Adrian

Krazyken

Sorry to let you down with the tuition guys & girls, hope you all had a good time.  Unfortunately my mother has been taken ill and may need another heart operation, she had a triple bypass 10 years ago and it appears that it may need doing again.

Next year........

andygtm

Looks like you all had a nice time again. Saw "THE GAFFER" heading towards Bristol on the M32 as I was going the other way at a very leisurely pace. He still appeared to have smile on his face though and no hat, did you lose it?   

Mike the Bike

I came along around lunchtime to have a look. I was with my fiancee in the shopping car and took a detour (20 miles each way) on the way back from shopping in Devizes. We were impressed with the standard of the cars, and I took a few pics before sitting in the bar for some much needed cod and chips. Then we had to get off home and put the shopping in the fridge.
I promise to be more organised for the next one, and will be there in my Locost. Sorry I didn't introduce myself to anyone - slightly shy.
And that poor barman was struggling to keep up with everyone, wasn't he?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Krazyken on 04, June, 2011, 08:51:18 PM
Sorry to let you down with the tuition guys & girls, hope you all had a good time.  Unfortunately my mother has been taken ill and may need another heart operation, she had a triple bypass 10 years ago and it appears that it may need doing again.

Hope she recovers well Ken :(

Quote from: Mike the Bike on 05, June, 2011, 10:50:31 AM
Sorry I didn't introduce myself to anyone - slightly shy.

No need to be shy Mike, we really are a friendly bunch :) Glad you liked the cars and look forward to catching up with you soon.

paintman

Thought of you but I was on the beach in Ibiza......lifes a bi*ch....... :P

Tony