News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Almost Ready for 2011

Started by Krazyken, 19, March, 2011, 09:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krazyken

Since taking my Marlin off the road at the end of last year plans were put in place to be well ahead of the game to be ready early this year for when the track season starts off again.  So far my car has been modified as follows: -

Fully ported cylinder head
VVC mechanism retimed
Exhaust cam retimed
Larger air intake fitted
Bespoke exhaust 4-2-1 manifold fitted
Full set up by Track Developments

All that remains now is aerodynamics and cosmetics, I have ordered a new fromt spoiler and rear diffuser from Marlin which will be fitted shortly then it just needs to be panelled in under the engine to flat bottom the entire car and finally have some dive planes designed and fitted.  Then my car will be finished and I need never spend another penny on it again (some hope).  The full story of all the upgrades complete with pics will be featured in a forthcoming issue of CKC Mag.  I will try to get a good plug in for BKCC and will let you know when the article will be published.

YellaBelly

Nice one chap :D

So it's Krazy times ahead soon then Ken? lol!

'The Gaffer'

Nice mods, look forward to seeing how it go's Ken. :)

David H

Have you fired it up yet? Noticed any difference?

Denzle

Couldnt you do us a vid when you start her up.... I think we would all like to see her come to life...... ;)

........Bruuum....Bruuum...Bruuuum............Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........Groooooowl....... ;D

Krazyken

The difference in the mid range and top end of the rev range is very noticeable, the advantage of the DVAPower upgrade is that you get a useful improvement in both BHP & Torque.  Dave Bence is currently rebuilding his engine using the same kit so it will be interesting to see how our lap times compare.

The set up at TD was only done on Saturday and Dave G discussed with me track v road set up.  We decided to put 2 degrees negative camber on the front which will improve turn in on track but makes it more twitchy on the road.  My first track day of the year is at Pembrey with MSE mid April so it will be interesting to see how the extra power and turn in effect performance on track.