News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What winter projects have you got planed?

Started by Bulldog Bri, 15, September, 2012, 09:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moleman

Didn't have much planned but now I need to replace the chain tensioner.so will prob buy the hole kit & do the lot while it's all easy to get to.

robp

Quote from: Moleman on 04, December, 2012, 09:48:58 PM
Didn't have much planned but now I need to replace the chain tensioner.so will prob buy the hole kit & do the lot while it's all easy to get to.

Wow Colin. What`s happened to the Duratec?

Moleman

Hi Rob. It just needs the chain tensioner replacing as my chain has become lose. I am told you can buy a kit with new chain & tensioner all in so might replace the lot to make sure. Someone has told me they think they now do a motorsport version for the duratec engine now so I will look into that before I get anything.

robp

I see. What were the symptons of the loose chain?

Moleman

It was running ok, even driving it hard but I could hear a slight rattle that I haven't heard before. My neigbour did the screwdriver to the ear trick to find where it was coming from.
He was the one who said it sounds like the chain is lose so we took afew things off to see only to find he was right. The chain was really lose.
So I had a lucky escape that it didn't brake or come off so its only a little job instead of a big one if it had gone.  :)

'The Gaffer'

It's good that you have sensitive hearing, a lot of people would have ignored that and paid the expensive consequences. 

Sprint 7

As I'm a joiner I guess I'll be doing quite a bit of " planing" during the winter. As for  " planned"  projects I intend to fit the hood on the Hood (Te he!!) make some sidescreens that fit properly, sort the wipers and I guess sort some  kind of demister system for the screen . May even fit a heater.Yeah, I know that sounds a bit soft but we Oldies do feel the cold more especially round the nether regions.Is any one going tho the square tomorrow am.I'm up for it if it's on. :P

Moleman

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 08, December, 2012, 10:26:57 AM
It's good that you have sensitive hearing, a lot of people would have ignored that and paid the expensive consequences.
Thanks gaffa. I'm always being told by my mechanic mate next door how picky I can be when I'm hearing different noises that I haven't heard before & if I should be worried about it? 9 times out of 10 he tells me I worry to much & it is ok. (after he gives it a little look over just to shut me up) though he did tell me on this accasion it paid off.  ;D

Moleman

Well it's been fixed for 2 weeks now. I've been running it in the garage for the last 2 weeks & today is the first dry day that I'm home & can take it for a test drive.  ;D
I happy happy to say the Westy is running really well.  8)

fullpint

Thats great to hear mate. Bet you cant wait to get the Westy back on track  8)

Moleman

Got my first trackday booked at combe on the 15th march mate. :D
I will be booking it in for Dave Gallop to do another set up check for me for the end of this month.  8)

fullpint

Thought I would look back on this topic!! I've done nothing  ;D ;D.
Best I make a bigger effort this winter time and move those switches.. I do have an aeroscreen (on route and has been for 3 days) to fit but as yet still no luck on the 13" wheel hunt  :(

robp

Quote from: fullpint on 03, October, 2013, 06:51:28 PM
I've done nothing  ;D ;D.
Best I make a bigger effort this winter time.

Same here, Steve.  I've haven't done anything on the Spit for ages.  Efforts to move house taking all my time at the moment.  I'll hopefully get back on the car again soon.  ;)

Moleman

I wasn't planning on doing much this year.  :-[
I ended up doing a Engine change, New throttle bodies, Oil coolant system fitted, More air intake system, New loom, New E.C.U.  :( ;D

So planing on getting a racing radiator, new thermostatat & I will be looking at maybe changing the maniford to a more free flowing manifold without 90 degree angles on it go get a better free flowing exhaust exit.  If anyone can recommend someone for me please let me know.  :D

garry h

Well as you know Ive got the Spartan up and running but still got work to do on it which will keep me quite busy over the winter days  :) :) :) :).
Also unwrapped the Scorhill and dusted it off  with the intention of hopefully making a start on it somewhen soon  :) :) :) :)

Dixie

Complete rear brake calliper refurbishment, new pads and then I am going to install new poly bushes.

M

Moleman

What are the winter months For? If it ain't working on our cars while it's too crap to drive them.   :D

chrislandy

Planned projects:
Finish garage/workshop build
Get Shelsley started and MOT'd
setup compostites "lab" in workshop
build wakeboard in said lab :)

Seb

Hi I am looking to start a build this winter so far ive purchased the book build your own sports car by chris gibbs is this the right step so far. I am also looking for any scrap steel as I have limited funds which also brings me to where to build sorry for the long message just wanted to get it out there any info is appriciated thanks.