News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

My MK Indy boot project....

Started by fullpint, 13, September, 2012, 07:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fullpint

After seeing that some of you guys have one it made me think!!
I'm going to fabricate an inset and modify the current cover so that it hinges.
Plan is to have an boot space of 24" x 14.5" x 7" deep.
Will post pic's showing various stages. Hopefully I can get a nice sheet of mild steel (0.9mm) on the cheap tomorrow  ;)

Bulldog Bri

fullpint

Well I have made the first two cuts  :o No turning back now.
Still need to source material to construct the boot but I'm hoping that will be later.

On a different subject I have a 20 tonne press at my unit which fellow members are more than welcome to use it. Handy for pushing bearings out and also back in.
Here's a pic. :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: fullpint on 13, September, 2012, 07:02:20 PM
After seeing that some of you guys have one it made me think!!
I'm going to fabricate an inset and modify the current cover so that it hinges.
Plan is to have an boot space of 24" x 14.5" x 7" deep.
Will post pic's showing various stages. Hopefully I can get a nice sheet of mild steel (0.9mm) on the cheap tomorrow  ;)

Damn, you'l have to cut your golf clubs in half to go in there ;)

fullpint

Golf!!!!!!!!!!!! No chance mate. Last time I played was over 20 years ago and I can't even hit the ball, and thats with my glasses on  ;D ;D ;D
Any sport that has grass and a ball involved is not for me. Pointless task I reckon  :P :P :P :P :P :P

fullpint

Progress has now come to a halt. Wqaiting for the barrel lock to arrive before I can secure the lid. Then I still need to find some sheet metal (old washing washing case would be ideal!!!)
to construct the boot liner.
Here's what we have so far;

fullpint

Just fitted a lock (letterbox type) and it works a treat. Lid is now secured down using my new rivit gun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Got a sheet of mild steel today, only paid ten quid for it  8) about 6 foot x 2 foot so now than enough. Tomorrow its out with the back 'n' decker jigsaw and then off to my mates who has a folding machine. Hopefully Friday I can rivit the sides on (with my new rivit gun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D) and powder coat the boot insert before fitting it..

'The Gaffer'

Sounds good, should be a great result.

fullpint

WOW 2400 square inches of boot space now. Can't wait to show it off at a meet  :D :D
Here's a few pic's of todays progress in between doing work..

WALNUT

Peaple will love it or hate it

Tony

Bulldog Bri

Been out shopping already as well then.  ;D

8)

Hairy Santa

Nice neat job that  - congrats

cant see the drain holes in the photo's at all or is that for carrying goldfish in once it fills up  ;)

fullpint

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 20, September, 2012, 03:14:14 PM
Nice neat job that  - congrats

cant see the drain holes in the photo's at all or is that for carrying goldfish in once it fills up  ;)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Should be a hole in each corner. When I folded the end plates I put a 45 degree cut before the fold therefore giving each corner a drain.
iT WAS A SNUG FIT!!! One side is just touching the feul inlet hose and the other side it touching the out-let. Got about half an inch from the bottom of the boot to the top of the fuel tank.

YellaBelly

Looking good mate, any boot is a bonus in my book. I'm half-way through fitting wipers to mine but the boot is the next major project I reckon.

John