AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Marlboro Car on the road in Queensland (imminently)

Started by Daley Down Under, 16, October, 2012, 12:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daley Down Under

Hi all,

Quick post to let you know that after 6 months of deliberation, the Department of Transport in QLD has said yes (with caveats) to road registration of the Spire.  All I need to do is get a registered compliance engineer to do the following:

1.  Raise the car so that lowest point is min 100mm ground clearance.  In other words, up nearly 50mm from where currently.  Will look a bit silly.  Also needs to be locked at this height but hopefully I can lower afterwards.
2.  Fit interia reel seats belts (although 4 point harness can remain in situ).
3.  Remove rear wing and aeroscreen (can be replaced afterwards).
4.  Weld supports behind headrest of seats.
5.  Lock the brake bias valve.
6.  Remove the camera.
7.  Meet noise limits for exhaust.  May have to re-fit the extra silencers I've already removed.
7.  Biggest one - either get proof that braided brake lines and fittings are Austrailan Standards compliant or replace entire braided hose and fittings (inc all down sidepods) for the whole car. 

Help needed on the last one if poss.  The fittings and hose are Euroquip supplied by Rally Design to Spire Sports Cars and are not marked or stamped in any way.  SVA/IVA pass is not sufficent.  I have emailed Rally Design and they have no compliance documentation for Euroquip.

I'll post photos when the reg plates are fitted and the car's on the road.  Should be within a month  :D

Adrian

robp

Nearly there, Adrian!

Can't wait to see the look on those Aussie faces when the Spire hits the road!  :D

Hairy Santa

well done that man, soon be there

surely someone must have the spec for your brake stuff, do a bit more trawing on the web for it  - Hope you find what your after
i

'The Gaffer'

Cant wait to see some pics of it on the road. Once its passed all its tests I'm sure it can be put back together as it was, who's going to know any different?

stupott901

Oh my god like going through IVA again Im sure youll be able to sort though

paintman

Well done, you'll soon have it on the road again......bet you can't wait!

YellaBelly

Well done mate ;) Soon be picking Aussie flies from the teeth :D

Keep us all updated.

JB

Bulldog Bri

I'm looking forward to a vid of the car running on those Aussie streets and the reactions it causes.  :P

8)

fullpint

8) Not long to go mate before you can get back into the seat..

Daley Down Under

Thanks Guys,

Will let you know how things go and will definitely load photos and video

Adrian