News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bridgwater College Offers.....

Started by Josh Smith, 08, March, 2011, 10:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Smith

Hi all

Not sure if this is allowed (sorry mods) or not but here goes:

Bridgwater College can offer rolling road power runs for £35 and a geometry/corner weight set up for an additional £50.

You can contact me for more info if anyone is interested.

Regards

Josh Smith (joshsmith931@aol.com)

'The Gaffer'

No problem Josh as long as the college benefits.

However, just a couple of questions out of interest, what level of skill do the  people have who work on cars, and secondly, has the college ever run a rolling road day work lots of cars turning up?

Josh Smith

Hi Gaffer,

It is only for the college benefit as all funds raised go towards the motorsport team budget which is VERY small.

The students are Foundation Degree Motorsport students and will be guided by myself (you may remember my first post - thatchwaymotorsport.com). The vast majority of the group have been at the college for 4 years and have been part of our race team which is currently refreshing our 2007 Radical PR6 1300.

Due to a limit on time, we will be able to carry out approx 3-4 cars per session for power runs. This is 3 runs with a print out at the end of it - No tuning will take place.

Corner weight/Geometry is a more time consuming matter so obviously individual bookings for this.

Regards

Josh

TimC

Quote from: Josh Smith on 09, March, 2011, 09:33:21 AM
No tuning will take place.

Is this a time constraint or a skill/competence constraint?  Sorry, I'll ask a proper question: could the college offer BEC tuning through a Power Commander or does one still need to constrain their thinking on this to PDQ, TTS, Powertec or Daytuner ?

Josh Smith

Hi Tim,

The college cant offer rolling road tuning, just straight forward power runs as the module for rolling road tuning is not officially running yet.

There is a chap here who used to work at a rolling road in Tipton but he teaches on the apprentice day release programme and his timetable doesn't fit with the motorsport timetable.

From my time in RGB racing, PDQ got my Phoenix R1 going very well and they aren't too far away. Powertec are great but are far away. TTS can be good but we have had issues with them in the past.

Daley Down Under

Tim & Josh,

Not had much experience of rolling road tuning (other than with Minis at Dave Lander's place in Gillingham in the 80s) but Dave Griffiths at Interpro in Thornbury did a great job on sorting out my Megablade a number of times and he checked over the Spire.

Adrian

Josh Smith

Hello again,

Now the winter seems to be arriving, is anyone considering having geometry/corner weights set on their car? If so, you may be interested in bringing your car to Bridgwater College where we have a full range of chassis set-up equipment.

We charge a nominal fee of £50 for a full geometry and corner weight set-up which is basically a donation towards our racing fund for the college car.

Any enquiries welcome, please call 07947689566 or email me on smithjo@bridgwater.ac.uk

Many thanks

Josh Smith

Josh Smith

Hi all,

Josh again from the college.

I assume most of you petrol heads are starting to get back into track days now and thought I would revive this post for anyone that wants any geo/corner weighting done.

We now have to charge VAT, making it £50+VAT.

For those that dont know us, we are racing at Castle Combe on Monday 27th May so if you are there spectating, come and say hi to the Bridgwater College Team. We are currently 2nd in the Castle Combe Sports&GT championship.

We have experience with all sorts of cars for chassis set ups.....F3 cars, kit cars, Radicals, sports prototypes, hot hatches etc.

Thanks, Josh