News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hayabusa Dry Sump Build

Started by Westiebusa, 16, January, 2014, 10:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westiebusa

Hi All,
Been a bit quiet on here as of late but as with many work loads have kept me busy, but when i've had a chance i've been deveolping/fabricating an Dry Sump System for my Busa engine mainly because of the shelf systems cost in the region of £1400 and that's a lot of pennies, here are some pics of early days mock up.

Hopefully with all parts including oil hoses/unions/oil tank and scavenge pump will cost me  £400/450 I.m hoping to bolt the last parts together this weekend, i've already ran it with an electric scavenge pump and it worked spot on but ive gone for a mechanical pump now so all should be as good, i'll post some more pics of the completed system soon :)

Hairy Santa

Nice project, look forward to seeing it running

Lucky Ed

Good work ;D

Look forward to seeing it in action at Abingdon 8)

'The Gaffer'

Great project there, should save a fortune 8)

Hope you went to plumbing school to learn some good pipework skills ;D ;)

PS. Nice to see you around again.

YellaBelly

Who said the art of innovation is dead? :D :D

Sprint 7

Moleman

dave_bence

Iancider

Sprint 7

Impressive innovation eh!!!.Someone swallowed a dictionary or something. Most of us struggle spelling the word marmalade!! :P :P

Westiebusa

Well actually got time to bolt it all together!! Battery on charge so will run it up tomorrow, just need to make some brackets for the oil pipes to tidy everything up and make sure no pipes are chaffing on anything!!

Moleman

Looks impressive mate. Hope the test goes well for you.  :)

Westiebusa

Will update tomorrow with some video of it running, forgot to say the electric pump i've used can be sped up or slowed down via a pentiometer dial fitted to the dash as i always suffered with the engine running on the cool side previously so now i'll be able to fine tune the engine temp on the move :)   

Westiebusa

Started Westie up today, really happy with the results, electric water pump works fine i'm now able to control running temp, oil pressure over 100psi @ 9k+ oil level in tank stays constant and that's with standard oil pump drive gear and standard oil relief valve!! Forgot to take camera to video running!! ;D ;D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Westiebusa on 26, January, 2014, 05:13:57 PM
Started Westie up today, really happy with the results, electric water pump works fine i'm now able to control running temp, oil pressure over 100psi @ 9k+ oil level in tank stays constant and that's with standard oil pump drive gear and standard oil relief valve!! Forgot to take camera to video running!! ;D ;D

Excellent :), but was looking forward to that video :(

Moleman

I was just reminded about this on another thread posted today. How are you getting on with this now Westiebusa?  :)