AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Mega S2000 Kit Collected - Welding / Powdercoating Recommendations?

Started by Master O, 08, July, 2014, 03:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master O

So at long last I've taken the plunge and purchased a Westfield Mega S2000 starter kit.  However as I wanted to go an alternative route with the pedal box to the standard factory items I need to get a small amount of welding done to accomodate the new pedals and then have the whole chassis powdercoated.

I also need a baffle welded in to the Honda sump.  So any recommendations for mobile welding services?  I'm sure these are straight forward jobs for someone with the relevant skills?

Also any recommendations for where I can have the chassis amongst other items powder coated locally?  I've been in contact with RPA Engineering who were very helpful and could accomodate something the size of a Westfield chassis but would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

Mark

benchmark51

I don't know where you are based but we have a member, Fullpint,  who does powder coating in the Swindon area (I think). You could PM him as he would know all you need.

Master O

YellaBelly

Steve did the Rostyle wheels on our Midget and a damn fine job too! :D

Iancider

MasterO welcome to the club and what a nice project that will be.  8)

You might be better-off to take the sump to a welding shop because Ali welding is not easy and the fabrication would be easier with the shop equipment at hand.

Good luck with it.
Ian

robp

Hi Mark,

Great choice of car!  It'll be good to have another Westfield in Downend. :D

Stantman has just had some baffles welded in his ally sump for his Zetec.  (He is yet another Westfield owner in Downend!)  He works up at Heathrow and got the guys on site to do the job.

'The Gaffer'

Look forward to seeing your progress, dont forget to post some pics :)

Camber Dave

Hi there and welcome

I used these guys before I found Steve (Fullpint).

http://www.bristolmotorcyclepowdercoating.co.uk/

For Alloy Welding try Aliwizard also on here - He did a really good job for me recently

Dave

Master O

Thanks for the suggestions, interestingly the link provided by Camber Dave goes to RPA Engineering who I've spoke to already.

I'll post some pictures of the build as and when I've made some progress.

Cheers

Mark

garry h

Moleman

Welcome to the club. I hope to see it on the road soon then.  :D