News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Rolling Road - Carburetor set up

Started by IANPENNELL, 14, July, 2014, 03:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IANPENNELL

Hi guys,

I just wondered if anyone has any advice on this topic. I am looking to put my car on a rolling road and get it running as it should be. I have a Locost 7 with a Ford Crossflow 1600 engine with Twin Carb Webber 40's. I live in the Bristol area but happy to drive a bit further afield if needs be to find the best place to set up the carbs etc...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Moleman

I used Dave at Interpro Automotive Ltd in Thornbury they really sorted mine out. I'm on Throttle bodies but I'm sure he can sort your twin carb webbers out.  :)

Here is their site  http://www.interprobristol.co.uk/

chris61

I'd second Dave at interpro, there's not much he doesn't know about engine set up, especially fords

Cob68

I have always used Dave at Interpro, does a great job on my V8.

SPAXIMUS

I would also add my recommendation for Interpro. There are not that many now who know how to work with carbs as they are always a compromise. On my first Westfield it had dellortos on a highly tuned Pinto. Dave ran it and it made 175 BHP on the first run, he said this must be undriveable on the road and he was right as it was all full throttle power. Once he had done all his changes, new chokes jets etc, it made around 165 BHP but the car drove at all settings and had a torque curve that was almost a vertical line. It transformed the car, if you go tell him Jeff Oakley recommended you and they will look after you