+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

So, what has the Gaffer bought now???

Started by 'The Gaffer', 17, August, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

I thought it was time I joined my kit car friends again so I have been looking for a well built and practical kit. Yes it has roofs and a heater :)

I found it in the shape of a CC Cyclone, and a very pretty one at that. I test drove it and really enjoyed the rawness of a kit again. The fluttering turbo wastegate noise was the icing on the cake ;D

The car is painted in true Lamborghini orange with black highlights. Its specification includes Vauxhall 2.0 turbo red top engine, Hi-spec brake upgrade, Stack instruments, 6 speed gearbox and custom headlights, compomotive wheels with R888 tyres.

The original owner built the car whilst working at Carcraft (The designers and builders of the Cyclone thus the CC prefix). The car was sold on but when it became available again the original owner bought it back a few years ago and went about upgrading the car. He has also sensibly down graded the car in places too before selling it purely for safety -  He had the car chipped at 310bhp and with 6 gears the car could have literally taken off at an unmentionable top speed, so he has brought the car back to a reasonable 210bhp and has limited the gearbox to 5 speeds via the linkage. These changes are reversible but the car feels pretty quick as it is for the time being.

I am picking the car up from Preston next week with a new MOT.

It's possible the car will not get quite as much use as I'd like but I when I sell the Alpina there will be at least less money sat in the garage.

Heres a few pics.. These were taken inside so the colour is a little darker.

Prep

Result

I feel like I'm introducing myself again, funny really :)

Bulldog Bri

Looks a cracker Phil, look forward to seeing it, ;D

Out of only 32 (so I've heard) made we've got 3 in the club (I think) Brilliant :P

8)

Lucky Ed

Nice car Phil, can't wait to see it in the flesh 8)

Hairy Santa

Moleman

Looks good mate. I'm sure it won't be long before you will be upping the power. I will have to check my mirrors when we are on the track so I'm not holding you up.  8)

CC Cyclone

I drove that car prior to the turbo upgrade and knew the previous owner. It's awesome.

'Welcome to the club!'

:)

You get used to 310bhp, I have the same chip conversion and a print out on the rollers to prove the claim, and it is perfectly useable if you are sensible. It does need six gears though, I was chatting about this at the last club meet funnily enough. Will need to come and have a look around....

'The Gaffer'

Cheers guys :)

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 17, August, 2014, 05:22:29 PM
I drove that car prior to the turbo upgrade and knew the previous owner. It's awesome.

'Welcome to the club!'

:)

You get used to 310bhp, I have the same chip conversion and a print out on the rollers to prove the claim, and it is perfectly useable if you are sensible. It does need six gears though, I was chatting about this at the last club meet funnily enough. Will need to come and have a look around....

The guy I bought this one from remembers your car too, he said it was one of the best.

The 6 speed gearbox is actually from a 4 wheel drive car but has been converted to 2 wheel drive, you are welcome to have a look.

mittaw

Nice motor.  I love the colour and paintwork. Looks very nicely done!

Moleman

Daley Down Under

Phil - great looking car.  Good choice  :D

Quarrycars

Hairy Santa

Phil I had to chuckle at "welcome to the club "  ;D

CC Cyclone

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 18, August, 2014, 01:57:07 PM

I meant the Cyclone club... I'll get my coat.  :(

SPAXIMUS

That does look very good indeed. Fantastic colour and looking at the finish that is not a cheap blow over!

Hope you enjoy it.

'The Gaffer'

Thanks again folks :)

Quote from: CC Cyclone on 18, August, 2014, 02:53:37 PM
Quote from: Hairy Santa on 18, August, 2014, 01:57:07 PM

I meant the Cyclone club... I'll get my coat.  :(

I understood that to be the case ;)

paintman

Great motor Phil.....lovely looking car***** ;) ;)

YellaBelly

Cracking car Phil! I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of photos on the forum in the near future ;)

garry h

'Mendip Wurzel'

Very nice car Phil, excellent ..... why would anyone want to reduce the power and have less gears as we all seem to be doing the opposite.

Iancider

Gosh, wow, etc.

That just has to be a seven-year itch.  Its good to indulge yourself! enjoy!

CC Cyclone

Is it there yet?!
Looking forward to having a look at it. Mine will be off the road for winter for a few upgrades, bit hoping for a few more runs out before then.

CC Cyclone

Another one for sale here... All looks normal, nothing to see here.... then holy moly what the crap have they done to the back of it... and what the hell are the ferrari stickers??!! It looks like it has been reversed into the tat section of halfords. Somebody buy it and put it back to normal  >:(

http://www.tweedehands.nl/autos/overige-merken/overige-modellen/kitcar-cyclone-1-6-77kw-car-202963091.html

I am envious of that build manual though, can't find one anywhere.

Bulldog Bri

Possibly not a build manual but a folder with photo's of the build ;D Just a build manual on the front! ::)

8)

'The Gaffer'

benchmark51

Know what you mean, definitely needs furry dice!! lol ;D

Bulldog Bri

Gaffer and Speedy Spotted taking the Cyclone out for a run this eve ;)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Bulldog Bri on 02, September, 2014, 08:59:24 PM
Gaffer and Speedy Spotted taking the Cyclone out for a run this eve ;)

8)

Thought it might have been you Bri. Although I do get quite a few people waving and beeping for some reason.