+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Suspension Repairs

Started by 'Mendip Wurzel', 03, January, 2010, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Mendip Wurzel'

I've been doing a few thing to my kitcar now that the winter is well and truly with us ... I replaced the rubber bushes at the bottom of the suspension unit as it was banging when I hit large bumps in the road. My sliding pillar setup is a fairly rubbishy design. I have thought of replacing the whole front unit, maybe one day...

Above is a photo of the suspension in bits, compressing the main springs was scary.

Another photo of a re-assembled suspension unit

'The Gaffer'

paintman

Great effort in these temperatures!!  The most i could manage was to change the steering wheel over the break and that took an effort.!! :P

'Mendip Wurzel'

You are right about the current temperatures in that it is not much fun trying to repair ones car in the freezing cold. I went for it a bit over the Christmas break as I had the week of work and probably like a lot of us I don't usually have much spare time.

I have also sorted quite a few other jobs on the car besides the suspension and still a way to go before I finish.

I sent my road tax back to DVLA as I won't be using the car until it gets a bit warmer, also the roads have been salted so its a no go for me.

Kevin