+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Mountain Bike wanted

Started by David H, 28, January, 2010, 06:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David H

Looking for a second hand Full Sus or Hardtail mountain bike with top or near top spec kit. 18inch preferably. No downhill machines please as this bike will be all mountain use.
Must be in great condition. Will consider most makes. Carbon frame is good but Ally is fine as the budget probably wont reach that far.

Its an odd request on a kit car site site but you never know....

paintman

What engine are you putting in it!! ;D

Hairy Santa

Quote from: David H on 28, January, 2010, 06:45:07 PM
Looking for a second hand Full Sus or Hardtail mountain bike with top or near top spec kit. 18inch preferably. No downhill machines please as this bike will be all mountain use.
Must be in great condition. Will consider most makes. Carbon frame is good but Ally is fine as the budget probably wont reach that far.

Its an odd request on a kit car site site but you never know....

I knew it, just knew it

cant handle the power of that new engine so now on to the push bikes  ;)

best get one with a heayy duty chain set -- we all know what your like with power units  :D

Richard

Dave you so deserved that !  ;D

Peddle Bikes here are much more mundane than the spec of one you are looking for.

Got an engineless car at the moment could perhaps convert to pedal power if you want protection from your next injury.

David H

lol! Yep, i deserved that absolutely.

Actually i was thinking of attaching a 27 litre Merlin to it but as has been rightly pointed out.. i'll need a better chain. Anyone have an old Merlin lying around also?

Hairy Santa

Quote from: David H on 29, January, 2010, 09:10:53 PM
lol! Yep, i deserved that absolutely.

Actually i was thinking of attaching a 27 litre Merlin to it but as has been rightly pointed out.. i'll need a better chain. Anyone have an old Merlin lying around also?

Hi Dave,

Thought I might of been able to help with the v12 merlin your after but the one I have is only fitted with a single stage blower, and I would assume that you are after a max power unit with the dreaded two stage supercharger - sorry mate

you might be lucky by checking below

look in trade-a plane classifieds under war-birds parts. un-airworthy Merlin's can also be found around hydro boat and tractor pull enthusiasts. John Dilly out of Auborn Ind. could probably give you a lead. Kermit Weeks of 1400 Broadway Blvd. S.E. Polk City, FL. 33868 (863)984-3500 may have or know where you can get what your looking for. Also Tom Riley Kissimmee, FL

hope this is of some help

Pete   ;)

David H

Yes, thats great. i'm on it. Thanks for that. Now i've just got to figure out what i'm going to do with all the extra space i'll have after the conversion....