AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bought a new car :) and i need your thoughts.

Started by drivemojo, 15, November, 2010, 06:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drivemojo

Ok, so it's not my Mojo that I am still saving for - but some of my cash that i have saved had to be spent ;)

I have had my little Yaris since i passed my driving test so i thought I would get a decent-ish car. Mazda 2 Sport. Lets just call it an in between play car.

Anyway - re: mojo.
What are peoples thoughts on Meggt and having ceased production? Should I look more into the MK Midi? Does anyone have a MK, opinions please :)

'The Gaffer'

Why not take a look at the Sylva Riot SE or R1OT Bec version.

I'm most impressed.

drivemojo

Yeah, I thought about the Riot, got to be the SE - i don't like the idea of a screaming bike engine :p
I know it is practically the same car but there is something that I just don't like about it... not a clue what it is, maybe the shell? I suppose I could always make my own panels... with lots of care of course...

'The Gaffer'

The Jeremy Philips Riot chassis is held in very high esteem in racing circles, and yes it might not be the prettiest car but it really does grow on you.

Personally I love it, but I would say that because I own one and its so much fun to drive. I've yet to really put my own mark on it but thats a little winter project.

The new Sylva J15 is built on the same chassis and is quite a classic looker.

Heres me having a bit of fun at Llandow, as seen on the cover of CKC magazine no less.

Heres a R1ot I was very interested in but it was'nt IVA'd

You really can customise them to look how you want. If you ever want a closer look at my Riot, just let me know.

PS Screaming BEC's are great fun, ignore all that stuff about no torque.

Furore Phil

I thought about building a R1ot, small and nippy.

The one thing that put me off is the lack of side impact protection. The racing roll cage would fix that, but it's still a bit funky around the back end.

You have to work out exactly what you want from a car, what are the must have's, what can you do without and what you can afford.