News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

How often do you drive your kit car?

Started by 'The Gaffer', 14, August, 2009, 10:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Just interested really.

I try to get out in mine as much as possible, but thats not very often these days due to work and hospital visits.

I am guessing twice a week.

How about you?

Click and submit in the poll above and leave a comment in the thread too if you like.

Bulldog Bri

If the weather is good I'll drive the Bulldog... otherwise it's the tin top. I guess 2-3 times a week it will be more once I have a five spped box in it.

8)

Richard

I can't vote  :(  no option for zero.

If you count moving pieces around the garage then lots of times in a week  ;D

'The Gaffer'

David H

As much as i can. I often get on the roads and do a couple of hundred miles just to clear the cobwebs. Thats what its for. Got out on track today, saw Dave there, hello again Dave. The weather was great, Castle Combe was on good form. I worked out i managed 8 miles to the gallon. Blinding. The day was organised by Pegasus and done very well.

Speedy J

I want to get a kit car - just not sure which one

Mark G

It really depends on the weather as I try to get out whenever possible.  On average though I guessed at twice a week.

WALNUT

I drive my kit whenever its dry, Its a case of either my kit, or the camper van, or my wifes Berlingo van. what would you choose out of the three.

Tony

Hairy Santa

Quote from: WALLNUT on 19, May, 2010, 06:39:31 PM
I drive my kit whenever its dry, Its a case of either my kit, or the camper van, or my wifes Berlingo van. what would you choose out of the three.

Tony

Talking of driving, how is the car now ?

WALNUT

Hi Santa car of the road right at this moment, took it to a garage to get some welding done on the back mudguard and the guy had to put it into reverse and pulled the gearlever out, bent the gear leaver fixing cap, saidit wasent his misstake it shows reverse opposite to what it says on gearleaver.

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

I spend a lot of time thinking about where to go and when I do decide it is usually raining .... does that count.

Sometimes I even sit in the driveway and go nowhere.

andygtm

Having the luxury of a hard top means that I can go out in all weathers. So as much as I can really but unfortunately just around town doing daily chores. But I do tend to go the long way round with a dual carrige way thrown in. ;D

paintman

I drive the Hood all the time on the weekend if its not raining and I might get out in the evening if I finish early from work.....thats not often thou.

Tony

Martin Higgs

Not often enough always seem to have small engine problems that keep me off the road :(

Quarrycars

Back in the days when I could only afford a car I built myself I drove all seasons all weathers.  Basicly treating the car as a motobike with warmer feet, I still have my dry suit although these days I only wear it when I'm using the pressure washer!
An essential accessory was a towel to dry off the seat and wipe the rain off the inside of the windscreen.

foggy

As many as times as I can, have driven to work a few times,but don't like driving it in town.