+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Speed Cameras !

Started by Bulldog Bri, 11, November, 2009, 11:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog Bri

Just found this link on the Locostbuilders website and thought I'd share on here as well.
http://www.grumpyoldsod.com/speed%20dont%20kill.asp
8)

'The Gaffer'

Denzle

I have always said its just a money making scam.
I got done 33 in a 30 by a Gatso camera. Three points and £60.
My first road offense for 49 years of clean driving.

Its far more dangerous having to look at your speedo all the time while trying to stick to 30mph than it is doing 33.

You can guess how I felt about that especialy when others get off scott free for doing more serious things.  As I have noticed many times on the cops TV programs.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Denzle43 on 11, May, 2010, 12:13:00 AM
I have always said its just a money making scam.
I got done 33 in a 30 by a Gatso camera. Three points and £60.
My first road offense for 49 years of clean driving.

Its far more dangerous having to look at your speedo all the time while trying to stick to 30mph than it is doing 33.

You can guess how I felt about that especialy when others get off scott free for doing more serious things.  As I have noticed many times on the cops TV programs.

Machines dont lie :( I got a 37 in a 30 by a van. Could you not have done a Speed Choice course to save the points and a fine?

Denzle

I wasnt given the option of having this.  Didnt even know this existed.
Why wasnt I told about it.  Thanks for the info.  Just in case there is a next time.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Denzle43 on 11, May, 2010, 09:12:10 AM
I wasnt given the option of having this.  Didnt even know this existed.
Why wasnt I told about it.  Thanks for the info.  Just in case there is a next time.

Its possible it wasn't offered in your area? :(

Bristol details here http://www.speedchoice.org.uk/SpeedChoice/course_details_and_venue_information/

'Mendip Wurzel'

I have got myself into some uncomfortable predicaments in the past with mounting points on my licence, the threat of being banned and the possibility loosing my job all for doing a few mph over the speed limit and driving carefully. As a law abiding citizen this has historically driven me to despair and taken me from being a devoted supporter of our beloved police force to basically having no time for them. Pick on the real criminals and not me who has high morals and is very law abiding.

Anyway I fought back and actually won that day, and that is another story......

Denzle

Good for you Mendip.
Youre a lucky one, very few win when fighting back, as I was told when I was going to do that.

I know how you feel.   I was also a BSM instructor for a time and I take my driving very serious.    Always picking faults with other drivers while trying to do the best myself.

Then after 49 years of clean driving I get done for something as minor as 33 in a 30.      It really gets my back up.

The trouble is Brits just wont stand together and do something about these laws.

I didnt vote for Cameron but at least he says he has put a full stop on fitting any more cameras.    So he deserves one good cheer for that one.
                              Keep smiling,  Denzle43

Furore Phil

Try Swindon...

There is a lovely sight in Swindon, an entire road of speed cameras, all officially coverd up. The council in Swinson worked out that it was costing a fortune to maintain them and they weren't getting any of the money. Time to remove them.

Bulldog Bri

And I bet everyone is driving excactly the same  ::)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Yeah I love driving in Swindon. Dont drive any faster either :)

If only every town or city would share it's views.