News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Is the forum quiet or what???

Started by 'The Gaffer', 14, November, 2009, 06:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Forum tumbleweed moment... sadly with wrong movie title :D

It should say, where has everbody gone?

Hairy Santa

I thought you were on about this site, was just gonna say -- everyone is beavering to put their cars back on the road

Including me - he he  ;)

Furore Phil

YellaBelly

Bulldog Bri

'The Gaffer'

Well thats 5 of us  ;D

Click the video at the top of the thread if you want to know what I mean :D

Come on in and say hi folks, be nice to hear from you...

YellaBelly

Back for another visit :)

Still not got a great deal done with the car over the break as I'm trying to get my damn Discovery back on the road! Had a problem with it before the break and still not resolved. Hopefully the guy I've got coming out over the weekend will be able to shed some light on it. I would normally try and sort it myself but as it could be several different things and I don't really have the time or the inclination at the moment I thought I'd put my hand in my pocket and let someone else get their hands dirty for a a change :)

Really didn't need it off the road during the snow though  >:(

Still, got the locost chassis stripped down again so I can finish the rest of the welding off and try and get another coat of chassis paint on then fit the floor whcih is cut and drilled ready. I can then get her back on her wheels and start thinking about getting the engine in and make a move on the plumbing/wiring.

Hope to get some time on it this weekend as long as all the other jobs don't get in the way too much ;)

JB

paintman

I log on every day....how sad is that? :P

Richard

Log on and post  ;D

In forum speak be a "troll" if you must but at least keep the site active. OK, I perhaps could post more but then who'd be interested in the latest news of free sat nav navigation on their phones or use of vector rendoring or how big my latest spreadsheet was, or guess what stupid thing someone did in work, or what a pile of rubbish is mounting up with no bin collections. All just random stuff but then on the other hand Hairy puts on pictures of a pretty rare vehicle and no one notices, and he's got one finally.

The odds of course of it overheating or something qwirky in Pete's hands are high, but it will get used and it will be cared for if not to nutty concours detail maniacal attention.

I'm placing my bets none of you will read this or think of a reply, let alone post a reply (me thinks a safe bet  ;) )

paintman

Ah but your wrong....a reply in 7 minutes of you posting!! ;D

You sounded so despondent ...cheer up the hard core will carry on posting. :P

Richard

love it, did you time the reply and go back and edit or just assume you could stop typing before the end of the minutes, so hard to judge, so complicated, get me a beer !

Hope you aren't working outside this week, one darned chilly wind !

paintman

No, i'm doing inside work thank G*d this week!..... But last week I was cutting floor tiles in the snow in a tee shirt .... I got some funny looks! :P :P

'The Gaffer'

Nice to see a bit of banter :)

Interestingly according to the site stats, quite a few people log on have a read and leave without saying anything.

So, if no one posts anything, nobody will come back to read. Vicious circle really.

Actually, I dont mind reading anything that anyone has posted, regardless of how boring they may feel it is.

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to the summer when things will start getting active again ;D

paintman

Yes I agree.....I chat to you more than the Missus!! :P

'The Gaffer'

'Mendip Wurzel'

I have now spent 19 hours on this forum according to the timer at the top of the page.... it is amazing how the time mounts up.

Furore Phil

18 hours & 55 mins for me ! - spooky...

Going to try and get into the garage at the weekend, first time this year...

Dixie

2 days, 2 hours and 56 mins.

Do I need to get a life?? ;D

Richard

Not counting days anymore so 3 hours 8 mins.

Wonder what the total online time is ? 

Mr Toniq, how about a stats post not already shown ?

paintman

I've clocked up 1 Day 18 hours....and I joined the club at the end of October!! ;D

Ok.....so I don't sleep a lot! :P 

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 22, January, 2010, 10:56:34 PM
Not counting days anymore so 3 hours 8 mins.

Wonder what the total online time is ? 

Mr Toniq, how about a stats post not already shown ?

Top 10 on-liners in order are...

G & Toniq       
bulldog bri       
Richard       
Hairy Santa       
Dixie       
YellaBelly       
paintman       
dave_bence       
David H       
MrFozzieBear

Top 10 Posters in order are...

G & Toniq       
Richard       
bulldog bri       
Dixie       
David H       
YellaBelly       
PhilW       
Hairy Santa       
paintman       
dave_bence

Top 10 topic starters are in order...

G & Toniq       
Richard       
bulldog bri       
Phil       
Dixie       
paintman       
PhilW       
YellaBelly       
Rosco       
Mark G

Looks like I dont have a day job :o

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: Richard on 21, January, 2010, 10:06:09 PM
OK, I perhaps could post more but then who'd be interested in the latest news of free sat nav navigation on their phones ?!?!?

Is there one for the LG Cookie  :D

9 Days 13 hours!!!! :o I need to get out more  ;D

8)

Richard

Quote from: bulldog bri on 23, January, 2010, 09:36:50 AM

Is there one for the LG Cookie  :D

8)

No, sorry.  Free thing is Nokia only(device locally loaded maps with walk and drive directions, can be auto update as maps change[pay for data download then if not on WLAN]), in US you can have Google but only in US (issue with map data sources I think but expect it will evolve[they have to for their business model to expand in coming years] and you have to pay for download).
Vodafone in UK have a pay service per month not checked its abilities.

paintman

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;D ;D

Richard

Told you !  No one ever listens  :( and when they do all you get is that kind of one finger typed reply.

paintman

Didn't mean to upset you ...my finger got stuck...honest.

Richard

Quote from: paintman on 24, January, 2010, 06:59:25 PM
Didn't mean to upset you ...my finger got stuck...honest.

yeah right  ;)    but then a builder saying "honest" tee hee.

Phil, any records stats from those onsite in hidden mode ? amount of hours spent , etc. ?  curious.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 24, January, 2010, 07:54:54 PM
Phil, any records stats from those onsite in hidden mode ? amount of hours spent , etc. ?  curious.

Some stats on unique topic views... Rich you are number one, keep on building mate.

My GKD Legend Kit Car Build - May 2009 until ... 2277
Exeter Kit car show 1831
Inter Club meet confirmed Breakfast run out to Cheddar 26th Jul. Names here please 1805
BKCC Meeting.... 1461
Next club meet at the Wheatsheaf 13th Sep 09 1231
Karting for charity - 5 drivers wanted for the BKCC team. 1046
Bristol kit car club welcomes you. 987
My Locost 925
Bike engined reverse 915
Stoneleigh. The National Kit Car Motor Show 2009 899

Total of all topic page views  304693                                                                                                                                  

As far as hours, maybe some people wouldent be happy about having their times published. But no one is beating my 24d 10h 55m. It has to be said though that my hours were sometimes just ticking away in the background as Admin on the server with me not even at the PC. This also includes site development time.

I would guess though I have spent a good 17 days on this site :o

Rich you are in 3rd place. Anyone else is free to post their hours.

Richard

Thanks Phil.

Think you will always be days, weeks more than others with all that work and effort you put in.

paintman

Nice one.  ;)    That must have taken a bit of time to compile, i'm impressed. 8)