News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

New toy

Started by Hairy Santa, 21, January, 2010, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Santa

Hi Guys,

just picked the Spectre up, it needs a fair bit of TLC as it has been stood for quite a while

Here are a few pictures

Richard

That looks seriously wide !

So very few of those around these days, but can't imagine your TLC being VTLC more practical and use it.

Looks a big beastie.

paintman

Very nice!!   What engine has it got in it?

Richard

Richard

Here you go

http://www.spectrecarclub.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

4.6ltr Ford V8 under specification in either version of the car.

Not the biggest forum on the planet but quite a special limited group, like the phrase somewhere in there about being "well built".

Looking forward to seeing and hearing this one Pete !!

'The Gaffer'

Finally got it then mate ;D

Looks great, hope it dosent come with any little gremlins.

See you and the car soon.

paintman

Thats going to be a seriously quick car...not for the faint hearted! 8)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: paintman on 21, January, 2010, 11:30:14 PM
Thats going to be a seriously quick car...not for the faint hearted! 8)

Got that sorted -- pulled a couple of plug leads off - that should work for a bit

seriously though only driven it 50 odd miles at the moment -- road tests say 0-60 4 secs - could be somewhere round that - but I feel that the GT40 in comparison might have the edge on it   

'The Gaffer'

GT40 or Spectre?? Only one way to find out......................................RACE!!!!

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 21, January, 2010, 11:43:09 PM
GT40 or Spectre?? Only one way to find out......................................RACE!!!!

One on each foot should be fun -- problem is I never go above 70 being lawabiding -- like the rest of the members of the club ;D ;D :Dm

'The Gaffer'

I dont mind driving one Pete, just to prove a point ;D

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 21, January, 2010, 11:50:38 PM

Love your sincerity  ;)

I dont know if Mark mentioned  anything to you - but as you probably know everything has been going wrong with my scoops for the past few weeks - just coundn't get things to go as I wanted them to - wont bore you
on here with the detail's

after I put the last coat of paint on, i then went back to what I was doing on the the inside of the car, havnt been out in it for a week or two,( snow ) so decided to start it up and glanced across at the speedo once it had fired up -- I had shivers run down my spine the reading was -----------  666  ---  what do you make of that -- very strange

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 22, January, 2010, 12:06:00 AM

Love your sincerity  ;)

glanced across at the speedo once it had fired up -- I had shivers run down my spine the reading was -----------  666  ---  what do you make of that -- very strange

Firstly, your very welcome mate ;D

Was the 666 in the trip meter?

Hairy Santa

Quote from: G & Toniq on 22, January, 2010, 12:13:26 AM
Quote from: Hairy Santa on 22, January, 2010, 12:06:00 AM

Love your sincerity  ;)

glanced across at the speedo once it had fired up -- I had shivers run down my spine the reading was -----------  666  ---  what do you make of that -- very strange

Firstly, your very welcome mate ;D

Was the 666 in the trip meter?

That is the total the car has done since built - I have now put a few more on just to move it up a few -- see if I can break the zinks - fingers crossed

I dont really believe - but just in case  :-[

'Mendip Wurzel'

So how many of these car were made?

Richard

Think less than 30 made, suspect someone will know the exact number, so until then we can guess at 26 (my age  ;) ).

When they were new they were about the same price as the Astons etc. of their day.

Pete should be able to tell you the number of his beast. Was that Saxon ?

As for those numbers, all a twist of some history pay no attention.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Richard on 22, January, 2010, 10:39:18 AM
Think less than 30 made, suspect someone will know the exact number, so until then we can guess at 26 (my age  ;) ).

When they were new they were about the same price as the Astons etc. of their day.

Pete should be able to tell you the number of his beast. Was that Saxon ?

As for those numbers, all a twist of some history pay no attention.

If you goggle it - they are stating 23 in total were produced-- but I have it on good authority (from the horses mouth) that only 21 now exist  -  12 LHD and 9 RHD. the last chassis no is 29, and quite a few chassis were cut up when the company went defunk

so it is quite a rare bit of kit

any more info Rich ?

The silver car below in the Gunball Rally is the sister car to the one I have - one digit out on the reg no

Richard

Didn't know much else about them but just found this great article to get a bit of history, made quite an interesting read.

http://www.spectrecarclub.com/images/stories/Article.pdf

See Pete you've already found them  ;)

Richard

Pete how's it been ?

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 26, January, 2010, 08:41:57 PM
Pete how's it been ?

Pete's not interested in us now Rich, he's moved on with his new Spectre friends  :'( ;)

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, January, 2010, 10:59:10 PM
Pete how's it been ?

Pete's not interested in us now Rich, he's moved on with his new Spectre friends  :'( ;)

What...?  All 9 of them (RHD ones)  ;)

8)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: bulldog bri on 26, January, 2010, 11:01:47 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, January, 2010, 10:59:10 PM
Pete how's it been ?

What...?  All 9 of them (RHD ones)  ;)

8)

Cheeky sods, I been quietly working on the clamshell of the GT since Friday, lowering the bottom front edge by 10 mm  -- coming along quite nicely now

I havn't been near the Spectre at all yet apart from finding out that it has a six speed box and not just 5 - but there you go - I have only driven it 55miles so far and didn't think of trying for no 6  :o :o

Cant wait for all the salt to be washed away then maybe we can all have a meet and go for a run - definitely have withdraw symtoms at the moment   :'( :'(

Richard

Salt washed away now, replaced with puddles and pot holes if you can see them  ;D