News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

This winter weather is cheesing me off

Started by 'The Gaffer', 18, February, 2010, 07:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Had a very important call today in Oxford, got just outside of Bristol on the M5 and a snow blizzard struck, the likes of which I've never seen before in all my years of driving.

Decided to turn back as it got very dangerous out there. The road turned to ice in minutes and cars were just sliding into each other :o

Came back towards Bristol on the A38 and was sliding all over the place, then out of the blue it was clear again and not a sign of snow anywhere... Spooky!!

Heres the A38 today.

The track marks were just ice!!

PhilW

I must admit, i didn't realise there were that many trees and houses on the M5, i must pay more attention

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 18, February, 2010, 07:15:52 PM
I must admit, i didn't realise there were that many trees and houses on the M5, i must pay more attention

Thats coz you drive and read too bloody fast to notice, the pics are of the A38!! ;)

YellaBelly

Bulldog Bri

Got a weeks hol's this week, so just sat and watched the snow from the warm with a hot coffee  ;D

8)

YellaBelly

I was gonna say you should be in the garage not sitting in the warm being all tree huggy! ;)

But after seeing how much work you've acheived on the cars over the last few weeks I think you are allowed a bit of respite :D

gingerpaul

That looks worse than the road up to Courchevel that I was on on Sunday!  :o

'Mendip Wurzel'

I actually had an issue today at work relating to a chap not being able to get from Oxford to Bristol because of the weather. I more or less suggested they were not quite telling the truth, saying snow was not forecast in that region..... O Dear, it looks like I may owe someone an apology.   

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: YellaBelly on 18, February, 2010, 09:06:10 PM
I was gonna say you should be in the garage not sitting in the warm being all tree huggy! ;)

But after seeing how much work you've acheived on the cars over the last few weeks I think you are allowed a bit of respite :D

Just waiting for my neighbour to bring his heavy duty welding kit over to sort the gearbox mountings out then the body's going back on.  ;D (my welder needs a damn good service)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: MendipWursel on 18, February, 2010, 10:36:00 PM
I actually had an issue today at work relating to a chap not being able to get from Oxford to Bristol because of the weather. I more or less suggested they were not quite telling the truth, saying snow was not forecast in that region..... O Dear, it looks like I may owe someone an apology.

Yep I can vouch for the guy having a problem, apparently it snowed in Oxford in the morning and I think the flurry built strengh as it travelled south. Freakish weather indeed.

Tail between the legs comes to mind Kevin ;)

Furore Phil

I work in Newbury, not a flake all day. The A4 was clear too. It would have been easy to get from Oxford to Bristol, via the A4.

Richard

Lovely to be back in such a hot climate !

What are you lot complaining about ? The temperature has been above -10c each day I've been back and no nasty cold winds either.

Have to agree on the cold garage space though.