News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Value Trackdays

Started by Crunchie Gears, 26, December, 2015, 09:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crunchie Gears

I have been looking at booking some trackdays for next year ;) and have come across a couple that might be of interest.

Open track
Friday 11 March Cadwell Park offer price 129
Thursday 7 April Snetterton 300 price 139
Friday 17 June Anglesea price 149

Trackdays
Monday 9 May Bedford price 149

I will book Snetterton and Bedford  ;D. And would do either of the others if others want to go too. :P

Lucky Ed

I would love to get to some of these circuits next year, but I struggle to get away from work in the first half of the year, but I might be persuaded ;) Let's wait and see what the other regulars think.

My wishlist for the coming year;

Cadwell - again, long trek but worth it!
Oulton - didn't get there this year
Donington - haven't been for a couple of years
Spa - defo one for the bucket list
Snetterton ??? How good is it, the new layout looks promising, is it worth the long journey?
Bedford - sounds great and not too far, but the noise seems to be a problem on the drive by - as Robp found out :o

What do you other guys think?

Facial Hair Optional

Would love to join you on some of those Ed but as I have only done one track day so far (Combe) I think I need to get some more track miles under my belt and also learn to use a trailer, what to take with me to be prep'd for track days etc etc.

I learn pretty quickly and I know I will get the best of help from you VFC guys so who knows, maybe I will make one of those before the end of 2016! Still too early to say atm but after going round Combe with you a few weeks ago I think I may well get bitten by the track day bug in 2016!!! I have already booked Llandow and plan to do Combe at least twice next year.

Are you doing some of the Combe days Colin has arranged?

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 26, December, 2015, 11:16:45 PM

Are you doing some of the Combe days Colin has arranged?

Yeah, I'm down to do them all atm ;D

Moleman

Yes I'm hoping to fit Cadwell or Oulton as well as SPA in 2016 if I can.

Crunchie Gears

I just emailed Dave at open track and he has agreed to hold the discount prices for me until Friday. :D :D. Good man.

I am sure that he would do the same if the dates work for anyone else :P

Crunchie Gears

I have found another day I would like to do.

Bilsterberg Resort. http://www.lotus-on-track.com/booking/bilster-berg-drive-resort-thursday-11-august-2016

I will keep an eye out for the price. :D

Iancider

I enjoyed the animated ride around on the video but there is nothing like the real thing

IN A RADICAL!  Elements of Cadwell park here!

Crunchie Gears

That Vid is brilliant and the radical makes it look very quick ;D ;D

Saving up ;D

Lucky Ed

It looks a great track. I'm going to have to give up work so I can fit all these trackdays in ;)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 29, December, 2015, 09:09:59 PM

Saving up ;D

Did you ever time any of your laps around Combe Paul? A good Radical does it in about 1;03. I bet your Ultima must be as quick?

Crunchie Gears

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 29, December, 2015, 09:25:07 PM
Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 29, December, 2015, 09:09:59 PM

Saving up ;D

Did you ever time any of your laps around Combe Paul? A good Radical does it in about 1;03. I bet your Ultima must be as quick?

It might be 1.03 car with the right driver and some trackday tyres.  I am running Goodyear F1 Eagles.  I have done a 1.09 last time out which reflects the car not me.   I have booked two of Colin's Castle Combe days and have another there on Friday 1 July so we will see.

I am looking forward to the year ahead as I have 10 Trackdays booked already and some parade laps of Le Mans on the big track. :P :P.  As well as Spa and Paul Ricard.  But the one I am really looking forward to is Ledenon.

Lucky Ed

Quote from: Crunchie Gears on 29, December, 2015, 09:58:12 PM

It might be 1.03 car with the right driver and some trackday tyres.  I am running Goodyear F1 Eagles.  I have done a 1.09 last time out which reflects the car not me.   I have booked two of Colin's Castle Combe days and have another there on Friday 1 July so we will see.

Sounds like I'd better polish up my mirrors then :o

Facial Hair Optional

There does not seem to be an emoticon for 'green with envy'!!!!!  ;D

Moleman

Quote from: Lucky Ed on 29, December, 2015, 10:03:30 PM
Sounds like I'd better polish up my mirrors then :o

You & me both mate.  :D

Iancider

Enjoyed the vid and that lovely hill and dale circuit - weren't those Lotuses irritating though.  If you want to form a traffic jam just drive through Bristol in the morning!