AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newbie from Saltford..... Marlin Roadster.

Started by Jonkoxe, 17, February, 2011, 10:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonkoxe

Hi All. Have been watching the club for some time now but only just got around to registering on here properly. I have a Marlin Roadster that currently has a Fiat Twin Cam engine, 1800, mildly tuned, running twin IDF's and the Abarth 5 speed gearbox. I built the car in 1986/1987 when I was just 16/17 years old from a 1300 Morris Marina. I sold it back in 1992 and moved on from kit cars to tuning Pug 205 GTi's then grew up, got married, bought house, had kids, bought bigger house with GARAGE, finished all DIY jobs and then got thinking. Dangerous I know!! Well, who would have thought it but whilst surfing eBay one day my old Marlin appeared, a phone call later and she was mine. Unfortunately due to yet another house move and lots more DIY the Marlin has spent the last few years in the parents garage, but I am determined that this is the year it returns to the road so hopefully I will be joining you all down the pub soon. If Bulldog Bri is reading this, I assume you used to live in Saltford yourself, in Norman Road. John Harvey was the guy who also had a Marlin Roadster and lived just down from you, he never painted his then sold it to a lad that lived opposite. Not sure what happened to it then. I used to live opposite Pixash Lane and mine is red.
I work for a CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM company called PTC (Parametric Technology Corporation) and have been involved in the Engineering IT industry for 18 years. I have my own copy of SolidWorks 3D modelling if you want any design work done.

Denzle

Hello Jonkoxe,
                        May I be the first to wish you a very warm welcome to the best club in the UK, you wont find it dull on here.
Hope to see you and your car soon.
                                                                     Cheers,   Denzle. ;)

'The Gaffer'

Hi and a warm welcome to our club.

Nice story about finding your old car again :)

Hope you manage to get it ready for this season and look forward to catching up soon.

peetee

stupott901

Richard

He and Welcome and so close for a Sunday meet for you  ;D

paintman

Hi and welcome.
Must have been weird looking at your old car after all that time and seeing how it has developed over the years.
Good luck with the restoration. ;)

Tony

YellaBelly

dave_bence

Bulldog Bri

Yep, you've got me. Yeah I used to live in Norman Road and I do remember the John's Marlin. Pleased to hear you've got yours back after all this time, Would love to know what became of my old Bulldog.

Welcome to the club Jon, see you some meetings later in the year.

8)