+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Degree a CAM

Started by Dixie, 17, January, 2014, 10:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie

Using Youtube a lot to help me build my Rover 4.6 motor. 

Watch this and it explains how to degree a cam.

M

Iancider

It is amazing to discover what you didn't know you don't know.

And now I know what I didn't know and I know that I do know now that which I don't know before, I feel so much better.  Do you know what I mean? - No?   

Well...... a now known something that you didn't know is so much better than a known known that nobody wanted to know about sometime-soon and an unknown known is just being dumb -  init.  And telling known knowns to someone who already knows is just pointless.  So, so much much better to tell unknown unknowns to people who want to know and to know more knowns than unknowns.  Its just logical init? 

This was a cam that could but didn't and now this cam can - it just needs a cam cando attitude! You too can do cam doings now so do do cam doings soon now that you now know that you do know cams can and will!

Did I make that clear?

'The Gaffer'

Uh, no..

The guy talking about cams made more sense :D

Bulldog Bri

Hairy Santa

Back in the mid sixties I used to turn the heads round on my 650 triumph engined tritons (Carbs out the front, exhaust out the back )trying to get some forced induction and this is exactly what I had to do back then, still got the timing gauge somewhere.

I have got Churchill/DTI gauge and magnetic bases if anyone is doing this and wants to borrow them

Have fun  ;)

I also used to grind all timing marks off of engines so that young uns had to learn how to do it the hard way, and really understand how it all worked