News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello from a newbie

Started by Lucky Ed, 03, December, 2011, 09:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Ed

Hi all,

I,ve been finding a million excuses not to do this for years and the itch has got to be scratched!. I was introduced to the kit car scene by Dave Bence 3 years ago, as he stores his trailer with me over the winter months, he very generously has taken me for a day out every year and even more generously - or stupidly some might say! - allows me drive his beloved Onyx. After 2 trips to Pembrey and a fantastic day this May on the Donnington GP circuit I'm hooked!.

So no more putting it off it's time to get my own car, so for starters I am looking for a track tool in the Westie/MK/Hood vein, so if anyone out there knows of anything that might suit me could you point me in the right direction. In the long term it is still an ambition to build my own car but I am short of spare time at present as I have my own business, and work 7 days a week for a large part of the year - so a few track days during the year will be good for the soul!.

It would be great to get to some meets as well, as I have met a few of you already and you seem like a friendly and welcoming bunch. ( Hi Ken & Phil )

Please let me know if you know of any cars for sale and hope to meet some of you soon

Cheers Ed  :D

David H

Welcome to the madness

Try Santa, he always has a couple of cars in stock!!

'The Gaffer'

Hi Ed and a warm welcome to our club, Pistonheads classified is a good place to start looking for kit cars. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/

Look forward to catching up.

Phil.

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Ed!

Finally got you hooked ;D

paintman

Well done Ed, you won't regret it!! ;)      Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Moleman

Took me a while in spending  my money on a kitcar & I haven't regretted it one bit.  :D
Welcome Ed.

fullpint

Welcome Ed.. Look forward to seeing what you purchase. Are you going car or bike engine route? If you are local to me (I'm in Wilts) I don't mind taking you out for a spin in my Mk Indy Blade  ;D

Lucky Ed

Thanks Fullpint for your kind offer, I would love to have a ride as I haven't been in a BEC yet but better wait for some dry weather. I'm open minded about what to buy but am leaning towards trad. car engines mainly for the ease of upgrades but as long as it's quick I don't really mind!

My main problem, after convincing the missus I actually need this car, is that  my existing toy is a GSXR1000 and once you have experienced 900bhp/tonne a car with a 1300 x-flow isn't really going to get the juices flowing! So I'll keep looking until the right car comes along, but funds will be limited if I'm going to keep the bike for summer tours. :D

paintman

Don't think many people bother with 1300 cross flows in the club.....stick in a tuned Zetec 2000cc or similar and i'm sure your have a big smile on your face!  ;) ;D

Lucky Ed

I hope I didn't offend anyone with a smaller engined car, I know weight is really the enemy here. :-[

David H

I'm sure no one is offended and if you have a need for speed..... don't settle for anything slow. You will only upgrade it.

fullpint

Quote from: Ed P on 06, December, 2011, 10:29:44 PM
Thanks Fullpint for your kind offer, I would love to have a ride as I haven't been in a BEC yet but better wait for some dry weather. I'm open minded about what to buy but am leaning towards trad. car engines mainly for the ease of upgrades but as long as it's quick I don't really mind!

My main problem, after convincing the missus I actually need this car, is that  my existing toy is a GSXR1000 and once you have experienced 900bhp/tonne a car with a 1300 x-flow isn't really going to get the juices flowing! So I'll keep looking until the right car comes along, but funds will be limited if I'm going to keep the bike for summer tours. :D
Your a biker then..... You really need to get your self in a BEC.. They are awesome. Basically a bike of 4 wheels. And they are QUICK..
Mine just a little 919 lump but its great fun. Next up-grade would have to be some thing like a megabusa.. :P
Where are you?

fullpint

Your profile is saying Pucklechurch!! Mate I'm only in Rudloe which is in between Box and Corsham so not far away. Got to renew my insurance on the 10th but if its fine at the weekends I tend to get the Indy out for a blast. Offer still stands. ;)

Hairy Santa

Hi Ed -
you have a PM

dont worry iv'e only got a 1300 ------------------------------------ not that there's much around that will catch it  -  ;)

Lucky Ed

Only a 1300! ................out of a Busa.............with a blower............sounds like 250bhp to me, no wonder nothing can live with it!

I might be new to this, but..........................! ;)

Hopefully have a look at the Mac1 in the next couple of days

Ed

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Ed P on 08, December, 2011, 01:31:38 PM
Only a 1300! ................out of a Busa.............with a blower............sounds like 250bhp to me, no wonder nothing can live with it!

I might be new to this, but..........................! ;)

Hopefully have a look at the Mac1 in the next couple of days

Ed

its Holeshot  - 330bhp with adjustable turbo boost, power commander, wide band commander and all up weight of 530kgs - Colin and I have worked hard on this for month after month and now its usable on the road - does go quite well  ;)

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome to the club :)

JB

Lucky Ed

Hi Santa, I've just done the math.......****!  -  does it ever point in the direction it's supposed to be going... or just sideways! ;D

Hope to see it out and about sometime

Ps Going to look at the Mac tomorrow evening. I'll be in touch

Ed