News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Newbie member

Started by Daley Down Under, 17, March, 2010, 12:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daley Down Under

Good to see a thriving local kit car club.  I've recently upgraded from a Westfield Megablade to this ... a Spire GT-R fitted with ZX14 supercharged engine.  Look forward to meeting up with fellow members over the Summer (Pistonheads meet at Cheddar on 18th April looks like a good start).

Cheers for now,

Adrian

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Adrian and a warm welcome to the club.

Be good to see you and your car at a meet soon, Cheddar should be a good date, if we can catch you that is :)

Please feel free to add a few more pics. Where are you based?

Cheers, Phil.

Richard

Warm welcome !

And so very tempted by those machines to part with more money.

Look forwards to seeing you and your car.

Did you buy / build ? Got any pics ....

'Mendip Wurzel'

I like your car, certainly different.

Bulldog Bri

Hello and welcome.

Bet that turns a few heads while out driving  :D

Hope to see you at a few meets this year

8)

dave_bence

Hello and welcome Adrian ;D

I really like the Spire!

Look forward to seeing it soon.

Daley Down Under

Thanks for your welcomes - one and all.  I live in Thornbury.  Here's a few more pics of the Spire.  It was the company demonstrator for 18 months (www.spiresportscars.co.uk).  I bought the car last November and its been out on track once so far.  Looking forward to lots more now the weather's warming up.

Martin Higgs

Welcome to the club Adrian look forward to seeing the car over the summer. :)

stupott901

Welcome, and wow im so jealous now its not fair i remeber seeing on thier website very nice car

stu

'Mendip Wurzel'

It looks very well built judging by the photos. Can I be the first person to test drive it... LOL

Daley Down Under

Robin Hood V8!!!  I feel it might be me trying to catch you

YZFMINI

Welcome
ZX14 supercharged

sounds nice to me.. i must see this..

Richard

Just remembered - we've already snapped this car at Exeter show on the stand as a "customer's car", check the gallery  ;D

'Mendip Wurzel'

So whats the anticipated 0 to 60mph with that super charger on board ... it must be quick.

Daley Down Under

Digidash has built in 0-60 timing.  I'm down to 3.5 so far but will go lower with warmer tyres and optimum launches.  Still learning.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Whow, that is very quick.... now about my test drive.   LOL   

David H

andygtm

That must be a real buzz. Wow a car that goes as fast as it looks. How much ground clearence do you have as our roads can be very uneven.

Hairy Santa

Welcome to the madhouse, I do like the look of the car - what weight is it - and what transmission are you using

Hope to bump into you at Cheddar - not literaly mind  ::)

Pete

Daley Down Under

Wow - only been offline for a couple of hours and 4 new posts!! Good to hear from you all.  I still reckon it would be close against V8 Robin Hood.  That said - it's the in-gear acceleration in the Spire that's staggering (frightening).  Megablade was quick but this is in a different league from 3k rpm. 

David H - good to hear from you.  I'm aiming to get over to the Bull in the next couple of months for a WSCC meeting.

Ref weight, transmission and ground clearance - car is 540kg with half tank of fuel, it uses a 12 inch resilient propshaft into 3.1:1 Sierra LSD.  Ground clearance is 95mm to the bottom of the front splitter.  Manages speed humps ok, although not sure about some our current potholes!!  Front splitter is made from PVC skirting board so easily replaced.

Daley Down Under

Incidentally - did a trackday at Colerne recently.  Here's the YouTube footage link ...

Cheers for now,
Adrian

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: MarlboroCar on 17, March, 2010, 10:08:12 PM
Wow - only been offline for a couple of hours and 4 new posts!! Good to hear from you all.

Oh yes!  :D Things can move quite quick on here too.  ;D

8)

'Mendip Wurzel'

Looks very quick on the video. So did anybody get past you on the the track day....

YellaBelly

Welcome to the club chap :)

I bet that thing is a buzz to drive? Can't wait to see it in the flesh :D

JB

Daley Down Under

Quote from: MendipWursel on 18, March, 2010, 07:20:52 PM
Looks very quick on the video. So did anybody get past you on the the track day....

No but I haven't come up against any Radicals yet.  That'll be the real test.

Daley Down Under

Quote from: YellaBelly on 18, March, 2010, 07:29:39 PM
Welcome to the club chap :)

I bet that thing is a buzz to drive? Can't wait to see it in the flesh :D

JB
Thanks for the welcome - it's a bit of hoot for sure.  Hoping I can make the April meet.

'Mendip Wurzel'

I'm not sure I would want to be with you when you do come up against a Radical, that would be a bit too much for my settled constitution........

YellaBelly

Quote from: MendipWursel on 18, March, 2010, 08:28:31 PM
I'm not sure I would want to be with you when you do come up against a Radical. that would be a bit too much for my settled constitution........

How can you have a settled constitution Kev, you're a member of the BKCC? ;) :D

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: YellaBelly on 18, March, 2010, 11:29:38 PM
How can you have a settled constitution Kev, you're a member of the BKCC? ;) :D

Pic of me earlier...

You dont have to be mad to be in the BKCC, but it helps ;D

David H

Hello Adrian, i did wonder what you got next.... that car looks fantastic on track. Fair play mate!! What a tool!!

Looking forward to seeing it!

Quarrycars

Hi Adrian, great looking car, I'm a big fan of street legal race cars, it's great to see cars like yours.  I'm old enough to remember the time when you could drive race cars on the road.
Hope you are getting some support from Phillip Morris!
Cheerz, JT

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Quarrycars on 20, March, 2010, 03:48:35 PM
Hi Adrian, great looking car, I'm a big fan of street legal race cars, it's great to see cars like yours.  I'm old enough to remember the time when you could drive race cars on the road.
Hope you are getting some support from Phillip Morris!
Cheerz, JT

JT - welcome and I wish (support from the Tobacco industry).  Builder is an Ayrton Senna fan and paint scheme is modelled on all-conquering MP4/4 from '88 season.

Best regards,
Adrian

Quarrycars

As most cigarette advertising is banned they probaly couldn't pay you even if they wanted to, it does raise and interesting question though; Has anybody tryed to get sponsorship for their car by painting it in company colours, Red Bull, Go Daddy, Gulf etc?

Richard

Quote from: Quarrycars on 23, March, 2010, 11:25:50 PM
As most cigarette advertising is banned they probaly couldn't pay you even if they wanted to, it does raise and interesting question though; Has anybody tryed to get sponsorship for their car by painting it in company colours, Red Bull, Go Daddy, Gulf etc?

Interesting question !

Think it would come down to places it would be seen. I do know of someone who has an agreement on other items like tyres that means certain show commitments, but heard of a paint scheme yet.

'The Gaffer'

I would have a go but I quite like the colour of mine, maybe a decal or two though.