+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

What are you all up to these days??

Started by 'The Gaffer', 19, January, 2022, 08:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'The Gaffer'

Its been a while so thought it might be a good idea to catch up with some 'old timers' A sort of brief reunion if you like.

Are you still into your kit cars? Moved on? What are you diving now? Moved house or even country? Career change? etc etc..

Im still living in Bristol, kit cars all gone now but the forum is still here and interestingly the stats are still showing 1000's of hits from all over the world.

Just looking back at some of the threads here reminded me of some good times the club had and the people that I shared some great memories with so if you want to pop back in and say hello, feel free.

This is not going to be a club revival post, just simply a quick hello and a how ya all doing?

Over to you....

YellaBelly

Hi Phil. Good to hear the club is still going. Hope you and yours are well.

We are now living in Portugal and am without a kit car sadly. I was in touch with the guy who bought mine but have not heard from him for a good while.

I would love to build another over here but the red tape is unbelievable!

Maybe one day......

JB

paintman

Hi Phil, nice to hear from you.  Still got the old Hood but been rebuilt (twice) and modified quite a bit since
we used to meet up.  I go out with Mark (Dix's) a bit in the summer or the wife.... though she says it's the
last time after it burst into flames while having a trip out in September!!....I had an extinguisher with me so
can't understand why she got so hysterical!!
            Looking forward to a nice Summer Tony

'The Gaffer'

Great to hear from you. Ha Tony, the perils of kit car ownership! JB, funny where life takes us isn't it. The club isn't running as such, the site is still here as a resource really but still gets a lot of traffic. Catch up again one day.

Quarrycars

Good to hear from you, I'm still building kit cars, trying to keep my ass off the sofa and the few remaining brain cells functioning!  Currently driving a MEV Sonic7 and working on a new Furore, should of got it started in 2020 but wasn't able to get back to the UK then, but got back last year and started the build in Wales.  Over twice as expensive to ship as the last time, but it's in my Arizona garage now.

It's been a while since I was on the BKCC site but I really should start a build diary for the new car.

Speaking of 'sensible' cars I've just had to buy a car with an automatic transmission, hard to find any new cars with a manual trans here, thank goodness for kit cars.

'The Gaffer'

Hi John.

Good to hear from you. Pleased you are still into your kit cars and hope your new build go's well.

Feel free to add some content to the BKCC site, its much more a resource site than anything else these days but a lot of people still read it.

All the best and thanks for taking the time to write.

benchmark51

Hi Phil, I'm still alive and kicking, lol. I moved over to Bulgaria, end of May 2018. Rented a house for a few months and bought a small house in a little village about 30 miles north of the Greek and Turkish borders. I was feeling claustrophobic in Bristol and lost storage for my kits, only had shared garden and shitty neighbours. Get the picture? Now have 2000 sq metres of private garden with annual council tax of £47 a year. No kits though! Roads are pretty rough, but virtually no traffic. London has a bigger population than the whole of Bulgaria! Missing 'Ratbag' loads, also the Quantum +2! Would love either of them back. Saw a +2 and a Jago jeep for sale in UK, was tempted! I took in 2 starving street dogs just after buying my house, so that's my family now. Missing UK now though.

'The Gaffer'

Hey Dave.

Good to hear from you. Pros and cons of living out in the sticks I guess but at least you probably have some peace and quiet.. And fresh air. You'd probably hate the city now and be on the next plane out again.

Take care and catch up again one day.