Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Inter Club meet confirmed Breakfast run out to Cheddar 26th Jul. Names here pls

Started by 'The Gaffer', 30, June, 2009, 12:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Brian has arranged a joint club drive out and meet with the Apple County Kitcar Club on Sunday the 26th July.

This is where we all drive down to Cheddar met up for breakfast, then a drive out somewhere for some photo shot's and stuff.. Full details to be organised but the date chosen is the 26th July. So if we sort out some where to meet first then all drive down to Cheddar in convoy, should be a great sight, a chance to meet up with more kits and a good laugh.

Watch this space for full details.

All those who would like to join in, make your mark here!

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

Dixie

Mark G

Bulldog Bri

No prob mate... We'll have loads of other joint meetings later in the year  ;D

8)

Bulldog Bri

For those coming out on the inter club meet to Cheddar. I recon the best place for our starting point would be the on the Bridgewater Road (A38) south of Bristol. (those with satnav's BS13 7AQ) just passed the Crossed Hands pub.

From there Hope to meet up with ACKCC in Axbridge (still waiting to hear what time to get there for but it's about a 25 min run down for us.....) and then on to Cheddar for Breakfast.

More info as I get it

8)

Bulldog Bri

I've had a mail back from Matt at ACKCC and we got the time and place now for the start of the meet.

We will meet up with them at 10am just off the A38 going into Axbridge, so those whating to come along I think if we all aim to meet up at 9:15am just passed the Cross Hands on the A38 S. Bristol (as above) and set off 9:30ish we should get there on time.  ;D

Open to suggestions for where to stop for breakfast/brunch! have a think and let me know Sunday. or post here and I can pass it on to Matt.

Add your name to the list if your thinking of going  8)

1. Bulldog bri

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 07, July, 2009, 10:56:03 PM
I've had a mail back from Matt at ACKCC and we got the time and place now for the start of the meet.

We will meet up with them at 10am just off the A38 going into Axbridge, so those whating to come along I think if we all aim to meet up at 9:15am just passed the Cross Hands on the A38 S. Bristol (as above) and set off 9:30ish we should get there on time.  ;D

Open to suggestions for where to stop for breakfast/brunch! have a think and let me know Sunday. or post here and I can pass it on to Matt.

Add your name to the list if your thinking of going  8)

1. Bulldog bri
2. G & Toniq
3. Dixie

Dixie

nice pub at the bottom of Cheddar, breakfast only £4, inc black pudding  yum

Bulldog Bri

Do you know the Name of the Pub Dix?

If so I can pass it on to Matt at ACKCC. sounds v. good

8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 07, July, 2009, 11:38:26 PM

Add your name to the list if your thinking of going by using quote reply 8)

1. Bulldog bri
2. G & Toniq
3. Dixie
4 ?

David H

Richard

Awesome breakfast place is Hartley's on the Mendips. 

The owner Paul has had kit cars before, Duttons so a little while ago, but still kit car friendly and a real gentleman of a host along with Lynda.

Give him a call and I'm sure he could reserve a few tables if you are early enough as he gets very very busy on a Sunday.

It is not in Cheddar but a great drive up the gorge road and across the next 2 cross roads (about 10mins), Located at a farm complex at Masbury,
01749 841718 Rookery Farm, Binegar, Radstock, Avon BA3 4UL.

Highly recommended and a great choice of breakfast, booking advised on Sunday.

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

Should be some good photo spots while we're out and about for the cars, so come on anyone thats not decided yet, A good run out with the cars, slap up breakie and a good blat.

Hey Dixie, any chance the other Cobra boys are coming along? woulb be great to see some more muscle on the road...  ;D

Dixie

Quote from: bulldog bri on 17, July, 2009, 08:59:07 AM
Should be some good photo spots while we're out and about for the cars, so come on anyone thats not decided yet, A good run out with the cars, slap up breakie and a good blat.

Hey Dixie, any chance the other Cobra boys are coming along? woulb be great to see some more muscle on the road...  ;D
asked they guys, looks like there will be 4 Cobras joining the fun.  see you there.

Dixie

Quote from: bulldog bri on 08, July, 2009, 10:34:33 PM
Do you know the Name of the Pub Dix?

If so I can pass it on to Matt at ACKCC. sounds v. good

8)
Emmm, cant remember.  on the Axbridge road out of Cheddar, not far out, just past market cross.

Bulldog Bri

Great news about the other Cobras Dixie.

No prob about the name of the pub if when we meet up and they haven't got a definate stop in mind, thenwe can suggest it and you can take the lead  ;D

8)

Richard

Pub at the bottom next to public car park was called The Butchers Arms for years and years (old bikers meeting pub), think it is now something like the"Riverside".

We'll try and "lie in wait" for a few piccies, looks like Apple guys want to do an earlier run up gorge.

I can pop up and see Paul if you want to see what his coming Sunday is like so you can have a little blat on the road from gorge to his place, will check Priddy pubs as well in next couple of days, a great place to park and some fantastic Beer / food.

'The Gaffer'

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 20, July, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
Pub at the bottom next to public car park was called The Butchers Arms for years and years (old bikers meeting pub), think it is now something like the"Riverside".

We'll try and "lie in wait" for a few piccies, looks like Apple guys want to do an earlier run up gorge.

I can pop up and see Paul if you want to see what his coming Sunday is like so you can have a little blat on the road from gorge to his place, will check Priddy pubs as well in next couple of days, a great place to park and some fantastic Beer / food.

Richard is now chief scout  :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 14, July, 2009, 12:20:45 AM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 09, July, 2009, 01:00:06 AM

1. Bulldog bri - Pilgrim Bulldog
2. G & Toniq - Toniq R
3. Dixie - Viper Cobra
4  David H - Westfield
5. Pete - SRV8 Cobra
6. Jamie - Pilgrim Sumo Cobra
7. Tony - Dax
8. ?

Bulldog Bri

We need to know if your joining the run down frm Bristol, so we know when everyone has arrived at the start point. Dixie as you would be coming up from Shepton, are you planning on meeting down in Axbridge?

Below are the 2 meeting places.

1st one is where BKCC will meet for the run down (leaving 9:30)

The 2nd is the planned meeting area for the interclub run to start..

See you all Sunday.

8)

Cob68

Hi, I will meet at Bristol to leave at 9.80 am, black Dax Cobra with white stripes. Cheers Tony

Richard

Breakfast

Paul at Hartley's would be delighted to have you all if that is what you want, this time or any time.

Apple guys seem to be preferring Burrington, the place near the old burnt out garden centre at the bottom of gorge.

Anyway your choice, leave it to Bri to choose, happy to let Paul know or you can ring him direct (if you do just mention Richard and he'll get it very quickly), if you are set on Burrington then no issue, perhaps another run out at some point, as said Paul is very kit car friendly having owned them before himself.

Not sure which routes you have in mind over Mendips, happy to help as it is a bit of my "back yard".

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: tsearle on 21, July, 2009, 01:49:57 PM
Hi, I will meet at Bristol to leave at 9.80 am, black Dax Cobra with white stripes. Cheers Tony

Look forward to seeing you Tony  :)

Quote from: Richard on 21, July, 2009, 04:46:33 PM
Breakfast

Paul at Hartley's would be delighted to have you all if that is what you want, this time or any time.

Apple guys seem to be preferring Burrington, the place near the old burnt out garden centre at the bottom of gorge.

Anyway your choice, leave it to Bri to choose, happy to let Paul know or you can ring him direct (if you do just mention Richard and he'll get it very quickly), if you are set on Burrington then no issue, perhaps another run out at some point, as said Paul is very kit car friendly having owned them before himself.

Not sure which routes you have in mind over Mendips, happy to help as it is a bit of my "back yard".

Bri?

Richard are you coming along?

Richard

Will try to come along but can't commit yet, if we do we may bring a couple of cars and lie in wait for a few moving pics with owners in vehicles.

There are a couple of parking bays up the gorge which you can get a good shot of all the cars lined up if someone does a short clamber up the other side, really not something to do in the wet without right gear on !

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Richard on 21, July, 2009, 09:42:26 PM
Will try to come along but can't commit yet, if we do we may bring a couple of cars and lie in wait for a few moving pics with owners in vehicles.

There are a couple of parking bays up the gorge which you can get a good shot of all the cars lined up if someone does a short clamber up the other side, really not something to do in the wet without right gear on !

I am hopeing for dry weather, my car does not have any wet weather gear  :'( Be good to see you and some good pics / video

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 20, July, 2009, 11:55:09 PM

2. G & Toniq - Toniq R
3. Dixie - Viper Cobra
4  David H - Westfield
5. Pete - SRV8 Cobra
7. Tony - Dax
8. Richard & guests? Photos

Bulldog Bri

The ACKCC boys have decided that a good place to stop for breakfast would be the Burrington Inn, back up towards that lakes. I've included a quick map here so to get an idea of the route for the first part of the day.

Pete (hairy santa) is bringing the Sunfor the day, so Here's to a great days blating.

mmmmm...... I can small the Bacon now!  :P

8)

'The Gaffer'

What time are we at the start Bri? and when do other members join us at the Burrington Inn if not coming with us?

Sorry, Its probably above somewhere  but its a long thread now.

Bulldog Bri

Yep it is!! lol...

The plan is for us to meet at about 9:15 on the A38 bridgewater raod, bedminster down. head off 9:30ish or if everyone is there, earlier. To arrive and meet up at 10 with ACKCC at axbridge, then carry on from there, up the gorge and then on to burrington. Looks lilke between us there will be about 15+ cars for the main run.

(just hope Tony can make it before 9:80! eh?)  ;)

8)

Richard

For the route I'd go a little bit further before hanging left after the top of the gorge, it is a nice road and will only add a 6-10 mins to the journey.

So out of gorge do not turn off the road and keep going go past the turning into Priddy on right and then about 1 mile down you'll see a crossroads just after a house on the left, turn left here and that takes you straight down the Burrington road to the point where you had cut across to on your map.

It will also give us a chance to get you all coming up the gorge and then we can nip the Charterhouse way and get you coming down the bends into the Burrington, a good place at the pub down there for you all to line up as well.

dave_bence

Quote from: G & Toniq on 21, July, 2009, 09:59:01 PM

2. G & Toniq - Toniq R
3. Dixie - Viper Cobra
4  David H - Westfield
5. Pete - SRV8 Cobra
7. Tony - Dax
9. Dave Bence   

Bulldog Bri

Good idea Richard. If you think you can do that, I'll suggest it when we all meet up in Axbridge and take it from there.

8)

Richard

Been thinking about this and if there is going to be a run up Burrington after breakfast then perhaps we should wait  and do that part of it then.

For the Apple guys they could have quite a fun route home across Mendips and then the levels, not the most direct but then ....

Shepton guys will know the run back up and across that is good i am sure.

Lets see on the day, still not sure if we can make it so this may be hypothetical.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: dave_bence on 22, July, 2009, 10:07:43 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 21, July, 2009, 09:59:01 PM

2. G & Toniq - Toniq R
3. Dixie - Viper Cobra
4  David H - Westfield
5. Pete - SRV8 Cobra
7. Tony - Dax
9. Dave Bence - Onyx Firefox
10. ?

Hairy Santa

Hi everyone,

We have a couple of cars meeting up at the Mcdonalds at the top of Brislington trading estate and will be leaving at 9.00am to meet up with the lads/gals up on the A38

So if you want to join the convoy your welcome

All the golden numbers , breaker break

Pete

Dixie

Quote from: bulldog bri on 21, July, 2009, 09:26:08 AM
We need to know if your joining the run down frm Bristol, so we know when everyone has arrived at the start point. Dixie as you would be coming up from Shepton, are you planning on meeting down in Axbridge?

Below are the 2 meeting places.

1st one is where BKCC will meet for the run down (leaving 9:30)

2nd one is the planned meeting area for the interclub run to start..

Jamie and I will meet you in Axbridge.  The others are meeting on Brislington.

See you all Sunday.

8)