Forgot your password?

Inter Club meet confirmed Breakfast run out to Cheddar 26th Jul. Names here pls

Started by 'The Gaffer', 30, June, 2009, 12:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 23, July, 2009, 03:01:17 PM
Hi everyone,

We have a couple of cars meeting up at the Mcdonalds at the top of Brislington trading estate and will be leaving at 9.00am to meet up with the lads/gals up on the A38

So if you want to join the convoy your welcome

All the golden numbers , breaker break

Pete

Thats a big 10 4 good buddy, looks like we got us a convoy. I will see you on the A38 as coming from a different direction.

'The Gaffer'

Small spanner in the works,

As Matt has pointed out re the Burrington on the Apple county Club site...

"there is a spot for food there, but I dont think they do breakfasts..."

http://www.burringtoninn.co.uk/index.html

?

Bulldog Bri

Re the Burrington Inn and Breakfast. Matt has been in touch with them and they are more than happy to host for us, they do do breakfasts and just needed to know numbers to which Matt has said about 20 cars. So no worries there...  ;D

8)

Dixie

Jamie no longer coming, as I will be Billy no mates driving from Shepton on my own, is there anywhere I can meet the Bristol lot En-route to Axbridge??

Mark

Richard

You could always take the road over top of mendips through Green Ore, turn right and past Castle of Comfort, down Burrington and Left and then turn left at lights on the A38 and wait in the Garage a few hundred yards up road on Left, just before Shipham turning and then they pick you up.

You could always come past us but we'd be in a road car so hardly much of a convoy.

Bulldog Bri

Well, we should be leaving 9:30ish so if you run up the A38 about that time so when we see you, we can stop let you turn around and join in. Not that you'd take long to catch up anyway!
You've got my number so you could let me know when your on your way up and I can let you know how we are doing...

See ya Sunday

8)

Richard

Been out and about this morning and went through Cheddar on route, there are roadworks at the market cross so do not advise going that way to the gorge.

This means route to gorge should be out from meeting place down Axbridge bypass and then on entering Cheddar take first left then right at the Petrol station, this will bring you to the bottom of the gorge opposite what is now the Riverside Inn.

Went up gorge and across the top on return trip and definitely recommend going on same road as suggested before, a few wet puddles lurking on some bends on inside.

We've found our camera spots for light at roughly the right times and we've got space in the day to come along. 

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 24, July, 2009, 08:50:32 PM
Jamie no longer coming, as I will be Billy no mates driving from Shepton on my own, is there anywhere I can meet the Bristol lot En-route to Axbridge??

Mark

You will never be Billy no mates in the BKCC :)

Can you try and tailk Jamie into coming?

If not, we will meet you somwhere dont worry. Seems you are in contact with Bri.

'The Gaffer'

Glad you are comming along Richard.

Bri is organising the route so hopefully he will pick up on your suggestion.

'The Gaffer'

Dixie

Quote from: bulldog bri on 24, July, 2009, 11:04:22 PM
Well, we should be leaving 9:30ish so if you run up the A38 about that time so when we see you, we can stop let you turn around and join in. Not that you'd take long to catch up anyway!
You've got my number so you could let me know when your on your way up and I can let you know how we are doing...

See ya Sunday

8)
Bri, I will call you in the morning.  Weather doesn't look good.  My mobile is 07545207954

Mark

Bulldog Bri

Sure not a problem Mark, phone's always on.

The weather forecast on HTV was also saying that the rain wouldn't be here till after lunch as well, lets hope they are right...  ::)

8)

'The Gaffer'

Richard's links and all the forecasts I've seen so far seem to confirm a cloudy morning and rain in the afternoon, 13.00 on.

Its possible there my be a small drizzle in the morning, but thats not enough to put me off.

I dont have any wet weather gear on the car, probably like some others, so I will make a decision based on what I see before setting off.

Who knows, they might have it all wrong as usual and there will be a heatwave tomorrow.

If the weather turns out real bad or looks very suspect, we will just have to re-organise... simple.

Lets all cross our fingers that its a great day and that the BKCC weather angel is with us, she has'nt let us down so far.

Richard

Weather overcast but dry here and roads dry as well as at 08:45  ;)

Can see just the one rain looking cloud currently grinning at Priddy, but not made its mind up yet.

Richard

Good one folks !!!!

We have nearly 300 photos to sort through and will post a subset  ;),  usual rules apply we'll put up the small versions in size and more detailed available upon request.

Great turnout by Apple as well.

Bulldog Bri

A brilliant day out guys. Even the rain that we had didn't dampen the day. Great turn out from both clubs. Just a couple of pic's here, I sure there'll be plenty more put up...

8)

'The Gaffer'

Ok, can I take this opporunity to thank everyone that showed up today from both clubs, it was a great run out and the BKCC weather angel worked her magic... just!!!

It was a little damp, but hey, at least it didnt pour down  :).

I would like to think we can arrange a few more joint events with the Apple Country Club and look forward to meeting them again.

A big thanks also to Bri and Matt for organising the event and Richard & co for the photography.

Heres a couple of my phone cam pics

En-route behind the unmistakable Dave Bence

A good turn out

Posers for the photoshoot (Matt do you always stick your head in tree's? ;D)

Brian

Matt

On behalf of the Apple county Kit Car Club, and from a personal point of view, I'd like to say a big thanks to all who came along, and made the day such fun.  Whether you met us at Axbridge, on route or at the pub, I hope you had just a smashing day as i'm sure everyone else did!

As Phil rightly said, must do it again, but this time we'll get a written guarantee for sunshine and bbq's!

Hope to see you all again soon!

Thanks,

Matt (ACKCC webmaster)

'The Gaffer'

Thanks Matt and Brian and again the rest of the ACKCC.

For sure, here's to the next one.  :)

A few of todays pics now in my gallery http://bristolkitcarclub.co.uk/smf2/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=34

Richard

Still trawling the photos to select the ones for this site, a link will be put up for the majority held elsewhere.

I thought the meeting went really well a great set of people and a good mixture of cars.

Have to say Tony and Dixie working on that sell is biting  ;), however only after this one is built.

It was interesting to see the passing public interest as well so perhaps taking them to something else going on next time would add a little dimension and get that banner Bri organised a "wind out", hope a few others are contributing a little to help him out.

Brian thank you for organising from Bristol side and many thanks to Matt from Apple as well, to Phil as always but more importantly to all of the folks who turned up a big thank you.

At the end of the day it is the people who make it what it is !

dave_bence

A very enjoyable morning!

Thanks to all who organised and attended  :)

The pictures I took can be seen here:

http://www.davebence.co.uk/BKCCandACKCC/

'The Gaffer'

Cob68

'The Gaffer'

David H

Nice one all. Good drive out. It was a very British day. One advantage to the rain is the road is slippy. Once the helmet was on, the rain was hardly noticed!

Really impressive turn out and loads of machinary there exhibiting hours and hours of hard work. Its also rare to be the only Westfield at a kit car event!!

Thanks for organising it lads!

I've got a couple of photos plus one of Phil helping me out yesterday with a little wiring. Thanks again Phil, I would have been there all night without your help. We definately had a bit of a laughat the same time. Any time you need a hand, let me know mate!!!!

'The Gaffer'

Ha, yes we did have a great laugh. The pic of me with the kettle is very scientific, I'm trying to see if PTFE tape actually melts before we used it on a sump temp sender. ;D Answer... it dosent melt at boiling water temperature.

Good to see you today Dave and anytime you need a hand, you know where I am.

Dixie

Had a great morning, pi**ed down on the way back over the Mendips, but worth it.

What a nice bunch of blokes, no ego's, just pertol heads.

How did Pete eat 2 x Bacon&Egg butty's????

Thanks again.  Mark

Bulldog Bri

Pleased everyone had a good time, I will start working towards the next day out/blat...

Good lot of pics around on both club sites, I will remember it for a long time.

See you all at the next club meet  ;D
8)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 26, July, 2009, 10:16:40 PM
Had a great morning, pi**ed down on the way back over the Mendips, but worth it.

What a nice bunch of blokes, no ego's, just pertol heads.

How did Pete eat 2 x Bacon&Egg butty's????

Thanks again.  Mark

It was a great day Mark and great to see you. Couldent agree more, fantastic company.

Catch up soon buddy.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 26, July, 2009, 10:30:08 PM
Pleased everyone had a good time, I will start working towards the next day out/blat...

Good lot of pics around on both club sites, I will remember it for a long time.

See you all at the next club meet  ;D
8)

Look forward to the next one Bri :)

Richard

There are a few more pics here, all are resized, some have been posted on here and others not. If you a copy on full pixel let me know mail or pm. Some pics from previous meet as well.

This was set up for posting all the pics to do with GKD Legend build, so far just a few of the strips are there. A big backlog is waiting for posting and a little reorganisation would not go a miss !

http://gkdlegend.fotopic.net/

'The Gaffer'

Dixie

You have a real eye for a good photo.  Looking forward to getting the photo of the Cobra with the engine showing through the bonnet.

Mark

'The Gaffer'

Although a while back, I was browsing youtube and found a video of the the day.

The link is here

It was a great day out and this video refreshed the memory.

A big thanks to Mr Bling for shooting the vid.