Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Breakfast run out Sunday 30th Aug

Started by 'The Gaffer', 26, August, 2009, 02:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Ok, I've removed the breakfast & BBQ thread as it was too hard to organise seeing as we lost our proposed breakfast / BBQ venue at the last minute.

Both Bri & I have now decided that a simple breakfast run would be fun for those of you with a spare Sunday morning.

At this stage, no venue is set, so all ideas are welcome.

If you want to come out and play put your names down under mine using quote reply. Look forward to seeing you all.

G & Toniq

'Mendip Wurzel'

I noticed in earlier postings someone said Hartleys was full on Sunday. There is another place on the outskirts of Ceddar and in the countryside called - Lillypool Cheese & Cider Farm. I am told that they do large breakfasts (I do not know what the quality is like) and this cafe is often used by car and motorcycle clubs as a meeting venue. The address is -
Lillypool Cheese & Cider Farm
Shipham Hill
Shipham,
Nr Cheddar
BS25 1RQ
01934 743994
Grid Reference 51 18'18.58N   2 47'45.52W

I also notice there is a local Classic Car show on Monday in Weston Super Mare. This sounds less interesting but for information the details are at -   
http://www.star1077.co.uk/events/view.php?event=172

Kevin     

'The Gaffer'

Thanks for that Kevin, perhaps someone will be along later who has experienced their culinary skills.

Its not unknown for one or two members here ordering two breakfasts :o

Will you be coming along?

PhilW

There is a camp site there as well( a field with a portaloo) i have not tried the food but the cider isn't that good, but Thatchers is only around the corner :)

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, August, 2009, 02:43:03 PM
Ok, I've removed the breakfast & BBQ thread as it was too hard to organise seeing as we lost our proposed breakfast / BBQ venue at the last minute.

Both Bri & I have now decided that a simple breakfast run would be fun for those of you with a spare Sunday morning.

If you want to come out and play put your names down under mine using quote reply. Look forward to seeing you all.

I have added the names from the previous thread.

G & Toniq
tsearle
Dave_Bence

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 26, August, 2009, 05:47:37 PM
There is a camp site there as well( a field with a portaloo) i have not tried the food but the cider isn't that good, but Thatchers is only around the corner :)

Cheers Phil. What is Thatchers?

Will you be joining us?

Cob68

Hi, I am always up for a run out and a bacon butty, does not to be fancy you know me. Sunday mornings normally work unless I'm away.

PhilW

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, August, 2009, 05:53:20 PM

Will you be joining us?

Oh my good god ;D it's Cider my good man of the natural kind, i take it you either don't drink or are not local or you've had a sheltered childhood ;D ;D

Dixie

Quote from: PhilW on 26, August, 2009, 06:10:26 PM

Thatchers, lovely.  Had many a hangover on the stuff.  Nice with a drop of orange squash.  I can make Sunday now, lets do the Cheddar place.  Mark

Will you be joining us?

Oh my good god ;D it's Cider my good man of the natural kind, i take it you either don't drink or are not local or you've had a sheltered childhood ;D ;D

Dixie

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, August, 2009, 05:52:13 PM

G & Toniq
tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie

Hairy Santa

Put me down for this breakfast run

I did mention Weston last week, but I dont know of anywhere I could recommend but there must be somewhere down there that we could get something to eat

Pete

Cob68

Hi Pete, like the idea, worse case we park on the Front and there is a McDonalds in Regent street open for 6 am, probably not to everyone's taste but works for me.

Hairy Santa

Quote from: tsearle on 26, August, 2009, 07:32:16 PM
Hi Pete, like the idea, worse case we park on the Front and there is a McDonalds in Regent street open for 6 am, probably not to everyone's taste but works for me.

are  there two 6 oclocks in the day ???????

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 26, August, 2009, 06:32:45 PM

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie
Hairy Santa

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 26, August, 2009, 06:10:26 PM

Will you be joining us?

Haha, I just asked the wife what thatchers was and she said cider, looks like I'm the thick one here lol ;D

I was partial to a flagon of natch in my youngers years but soon swopped to lager. A Fosters and Kronenberg man for years until celiac put a stop to that. Now its a glass of wine, or now maybe even a cider ;)

Bulldog Bri

Hey, starting to look a good runout..

Anyone got a spare seat?  :-[ will have both my kids with me and the Bulldog though able to carry them both could be a little cramped for the one in the back.

But what ever & where ever will still be in on the run. 

If we're heading of south of Bristol again, may I suggest the same meeting place as for the Cheddar run on the A38 (Bridgewater Road, Just along from the 'Cross Hands' Pub)

See you all there

8)

dave_bence

Lilypond at Shipham has been recommended to me as a good value, no nonsense place to eat.

Another suggestion is Woodford Lodge, on the north west side of Chew Valley Lake:

http://www.bristolwater.co.uk/leisure/chewWood-info.asp

We'll have to be early - breakfast is served from 8.00 to 10.30

Bri - I'll have a spare seat in the Firefox, but bear in mind there's no windscreen, doors or heater :o

Warm clothing and eye protection advisable.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 26, August, 2009, 08:38:31 PM

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie
Hairy Santa

PhilW

Quote from: G & Toniq on 27, August, 2009, 10:33:56 AM

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie
Hairy Santa
PhilW

'The Gaffer'

This run is still on despite the very small chance of a shower. We will just have to keep our eyes on the weather.

Meet on the right hand lay by just before the crematorium on the A38 Bridgdewater road A38 coming out of Bristol at 9.30am.

Drive onto the Burrington Inn (same place as the the cheddar meet) for breakfast. Anybody who wants to meet en-route let us know.

Then a run into Weston - Super - Mare for a cruise.

See Google map of route here DELETED

Burrington Inn postcode BS40 7AT website http://www.burringtoninn.co.uk/index.html

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday. And above I all hope the BKCC weather angel is looking over us :).

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: PhilW on 27, August, 2009, 06:15:10 PM

This run is still on despite the very small chance of a shower. We will just have to keep our eyes on the weather.

Meet on the right hand lay by just before the crematorium on the A38 Bridgdewater road A38 coming out of Bristol at 9.30am.

Drive onto the Burrington Inn (same place as the the cheddar meet) for breakfast. Anybody who wants to meet en-route let us know.

Then a run into Weston-Super-Mare for a cruise.

See Google map of route here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=BS407AT+to:Weston+Super+Mare&hl=en&geocode=FRqmEAMdaOjX_w%3B%3B&mra=ls&sll=51.37657,-2.686835&sspn=0.151297,0.44323&ie=UTF8&ll=51.376495,-2.82074&spn=0.151297,0.44323&z=12

Burrington Inn postcode BS40 7AT website http://www.burringtoninn.co.uk/index.html

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday. And above I all hope the BKCC weather angel is looking over us :).

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie
Hairy Santa
PhilW
MendipWursel

Dixie

Quote from: MendipWursel on 29, August, 2009, 09:19:43 AM

See Google map of route here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=BS407AT+to:Weston+Super+Mare&hl=en&geocode=FRqmEAMdaOjX_w%3B%3B&mra=ls&sll=51.37657,-2.686835&sspn=0.151297,0.44323&ie=UTF8&ll=51.376495,-2.82074&spn=0.151297,0.44323&z=12

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie
Hairy Santa
PhilW
MendipWursel
Jamie

David H

Ok so gonna try and make it. just got back from London working to UPS delivering 3 instead of 4 wheels. They must have cheese for brains. Plus I've just taken delivery of an exhaust which is suposed to be new but looks like its come out of a scrapper. Can anyone offer a decent service these days???

Hagster

Hi All,
New member here, Hairy Santa introduced me.

Guy is my name but feel free to call me anything.

Im going to try and get out for the breakfast part but just back from Hols and doing a lot in the morning. So if not I live in Weston, so if its ok Ill try and meet up for a little bit once your in Weston.

Pete will you have your moby on you? plus ill prolly give you a ring tonight if you read this.

Regards Guy 

'The Gaffer'

Hi there Guy and a warm welcome to the club.

Please take 2 mins to say hello in the introduce yourself section and tell us a little about you and your car / build.

See you Sunday.

Phil.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Dixie on 29, August, 2009, 12:05:51 PM

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie
Hairy Santa
PhilW
MendipWursel
Jamie
Hagster

Bulldog Bri

As I'll be driving over from the Kingswood area, I'm wondering if anyone wants to meet up for the drive over to Bedminster.

Mc D's in Brislington. Is where we met up before. I'll be there for 9:10 to give 20mins to get over to the starting point.

See you all on Sunday...

8)

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Hagster on 29, August, 2009, 02:55:02 PM
Hi All,
New member here, Hairy Santa introduced me.

Guy is my name but feel free to call me anything.

Im going to try and get out for the breakfast part but just back from Hols and doing a lot in the morning. So if not I live in Weston, so if its ok Ill try and meet up for a little bit once your in Weston.

Hi Guy,
    will have mobile with me, but try and make the breakfast if you can, well worth the effort I can assure you 

Bri - I should be with you at 9.10 see you them

Cob68

Ho Bri, see you at the McDonalds at Brislington at 9.10am.

dave_bence

I'll meet you at McDonalds too.

I've got relatives coming at lunchtime(ish), so I'll probably have to miss the run to Weston.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 29, August, 2009, 03:07:14 PM
Quote from: Dixie on 29, August, 2009, 12:05:51 PM

G & Toniq
Bulldog Bri
Tsearle
Dave_Bence
Dixie
Hairy Santa
PhilW
MendipWursel
Jamie
Hagster
David H

PhilW

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: PhilW on 30, August, 2009, 08:28:18 AM
I don't think i'm going to make it!

Go on, you know it makes sense ;)

Seriously, if you cant there will be other chances. See you soon.

Bulldog Bri

Hey Guys. Another good run out and the weather nearly held out for us (nothing major though  :) )

We didn't make it over to Weston in the end, as the weather was closing in and most needed to get back home, things to do....  Catch you and your car another day Guy  ;)

Just a few pics from the day below (sorry Tony, the ones of your car on the way down were too blury)

Waiting for the off

Just arrived

Everybody present

David & Phil flying home

8)

'The Gaffer'

A great run folks and always nice to see a couple of new face's too.

Ok ok, so I'l never be a weatherman, but the rain did hold off long enough to have some fun :).

Tony's engine bay

Following Dave's Onyx

Pete, having resisted 2 breakfasts this time, trying out a Westfield for size

On the way down I asked Dave why he didnt wear a hat.. on the way back a quick blast of exceleration to the rev limiter backed up his answer "Because they keep blowing off" See video link, my hat did indeed blow off at the end.
http://share.ovi.com/media/GandToniq.GToniqsalbum/GandToniq.10003

Dave H enjoying the drive in his Westfield. Thanks for the ride mate.
http://share.ovi.com/media/GandToniq.GToniqsalbum/GandToniq.10004

Heres to the next meet.

David H

Nice one Phil, those vids came out well especially for a phone!! Must raise that rev limiter eh?
Sorry about the hat! I've lost a few the same way.

Here's a picture of the hat before it got away

Hairy Santa

Hi Guys,
     Just a few more shots-- If they go on

Shame re the weather and not getting to weston, but there is always another day -  he he

Guy, sorry we didnt get down to you, I couldn't bell you as I dont seem to be able to find your number anywhere
SORRY Mate

see you all soon

Pete

Hairy Santa

I will try again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray -- I think its worked

Richard

Some nice clean cars, can't believe Pete only had the one breakfast but then you didn't say how big it was.
Sorry to miss it, nice to see some pics  ;D