+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

CLASSIC, KIT & RETRO ACTION DAY, Castle Combe, 25th June

Started by CrisisWolf, 24, April, 2016, 08:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrisisWolf

I have to admit I havent had a good scrub of the forum incase this has already been posted but - assuming not - shall we go? Stand and all?

peterw

Facial Hair Optional

It was a very good day last year so I will be going for sure

Brandy Barrel

paintman

Yea, put me down.....let's hope the weather is kind to us! ::)  8)

mr tone

Yes i would like to go again. It was a good turn out last year,more cars than Westfield pitch.

Iancider

Yes and statistically the weather has to be good now doesn't it!

CrisisWolf

Sounds good togo then...

Who should I speak to higher up in he BKCC organisers to make this so? As a stand, otherwise its just a group outting.

Pitlips

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Pitlips on 14, May, 2016, 08:41:26 PM
I'd love to come if you'd have me?

I am 100% certain you would be very welcome Pitlips, I will talk to Ian and Colin on your behalf  :)

Iancider

Yes Pitlips please come along - it is a great event and numbers make the day.  We managed just under 50 cars last year. 

Pitlips

fullpint

Was a great day last year :) Sure I will come along. If not in a kit car then I will park up with the public lot :) :)

Paul.latham

I am looking at a mk Indy on Monday,(ZZR 1200) and if I buy it would like to come and say hi.
Would be great to have a stand if cost isn't too much. Fly the flag and all that!
Do you know how it works?
If you have a stand do we get passes or just pay and drive to the area of the club?
Cheers
Paul

Facial Hair Optional

The best guys to ask Paul are Iancider or Moleman, they are up to speed on this event more than most of us I think, try to PM them maybe? Cost is minimal and it may even be free to get in if we have a stand. I went last year but can't recall all the info. Have a look through the events list, it may be in there somewhere. I do know that you would be very welcome to come along onto the stand, also being a BEC owner myself I would love to see the Mk if you get it!!

fullpint

I will pop along and had a tear or two,, missing my BEC bigtime!!!

Facial Hair Optional

Yep, that looks like a 'Steve type' car to me!!!!  ;D

fullpint

No time to finish a project.. Got to be complete and ready to go haha.. A nice MNR ZX10 popped up but sold quickly..

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 30, May, 2016, 09:32:24 AM
No time to finish a project.. Got to be complete and ready to go haha.. A nice MNR ZX10 popped up but sold quickly..

Yeah I think I spotted that MNR Steve, looked good.

This one??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MNR-Vortex-RT-plus-ZX10-R-Provisional-Deposit-Taken-/142006497404?hash=item21103f307c:g:qAUAAOSwQjZXQgz9

fullpint

fullpint

Brandy Barrel

Quote from: Paul.latham on 29, May, 2016, 08:28:14 AM

Would be great to have a stand if cost isn't too much. Fly the flag and all that!
Do you know how it works?
If you have a stand do we get passes or just pay and drive to the area of the club?
Cheers
Paul
It was free for clubs last year, as Ian said we had lots of people come.
BKCC definately flew the flag ..... Well moleman did.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: fullpint on 30, May, 2016, 01:47:01 PM
Spotted all of those, Red MNR looks nice :)

Looks like it may have sold Steve, it's no longer on offer anyway

Facial Hair Optional

Iancider

Hi all,

Sorry I have been quiet but pleased be assured we have a stand booked and we are hoping to obtain some free tickets again.  We will rendezvous at the Cross Hands Hotel at circa 08:00 with a prompt departure at 08:30.  the organisers like us all to be in place by 9:00 ready for the crowds to arrive for opening at 10:00.  more news as soon as I get it.

Regards
Ian

tigercub84

Paul.latham

I am picking up my new MK Indy with Kawasaki ZZR1200 engine next weekend. Just flew through its mot today.
So I would love to come too!

Iancider

Just pitch-up at the Cross hands as above and we wil make the arrangements for you.

Regards
Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Paul.latham on 04, June, 2016, 08:14:09 PM
I am picking up my new MK Indy with Kawasaki ZZR1200 engine next weekend. Just flew through its mot today.

Oh boy, that is gonna fly!!!! Great to have another BEC on board!!!!  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Paul.latham

Yep I scared the you know what out of me. Aprox figures. 0-60 is around 3 seconds. 0-100 is about 6 seconds.
Just hope it's not too much for me!
Need to not push the loud pedal as hard till I get properly used to it.

Bonnet has crazing on it. So not sure if to buy a new one or live with it or wrap it?

Small thing to even think about. Lol.

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Paul.latham on 04, June, 2016, 08:14:09 PM

I am soooo looking forward to seeing that beast!!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Paul.latham on 05, June, 2016, 09:26:07 PM
Yep I scared the you know what out of me. Aprox figures. 0-60 is around 3 seconds. 0-100 is about 6 seconds.
Just hope it's not too much for me!
Need to not push the loud pedal as hard till I get properly used to it.

Bonnet has crazing on it. So not sure if to buy a new one or live with it or wrap it?

Small thing to even think about. Lol.

Re bonnet crazing - I'd say give it time and then decide, no panic on a small issue like that. Wrapping would give you the chance to put your personal touch on the car though, colour change or stripes or whatever. Moleman changed the nose of his Westy from yellow to black and it has transformed the look of the car, looks very mean and purposeful now!!

Have you tried getting off the line fast yet? The 0 to 60 thing I find with my ASBO is almost impossible to do, not that I ever need to do it. Once on track or road it's academic really. I have also found over the years that quoted (particulary by the sellers!!) 0 to 60 times and also 0 to 100 or 1/4 mile times are often wildly inaccurate. Not very good for the clutch either on BECs!

I'd be very keen to see how your clutch and gearchange compares to mine. There are so few BECs in the club now that it's a rare chance to have a good look at another, or even a passenger ride in one. Hope you get to bring the car to Combe and take to the track. I suspect you may have done that before Paul so as you know it's totally awesome fun!

Paul.latham

Haven't picked it up yet.

But sorted insurance today to start from Saturday when I should pick it up.
How about this
Fully comp 3000 miles
Inc legal
Inc breakdown cover/ home start and onward travel.
£156
Thank you A plan.

Want to track it at Combe but need to get to grips with the car first. And a bit worried about quarry corner. So little run off.
Yep I am a winp.
Don't want to get it and prang it.

Facial Hair Optional

Quarry is ok mate tbh, just take it easy and build up slowly. Tower is more scary I found!

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 06, June, 2016, 10:04:19 PM
Quarry is ok mate tbh, just take it easy and build up slowly. Tower is more scary I found!

Quarry - take a straight line over Avon Rise and aim for the lighting tower.  Brake in a straight line then late turn in for a late apex.  I'm with FHO - tower and camp.

Cheers Adrian

robp

Quote from: Paul.latham on 06, June, 2016, 09:55:36 PM

...bit worried about quarry corner.  So little run off...

To be honest, there is little run off anywhere around Combe!  Tower and Camp are faster corners than Quarry.  Most problems at Quarry are related to braking over Avon Rise.

You'll be fine.  Just take it easy to start with and build up speed as you learn you way around the circuit.  You'll love it!

Facial Hair Optional

Yeah Adrian, Camp can be very scary, that wall is very, very close on the exit!!!  :o :o :

The most common advice I hear for Quarry is brake before the rise or after the rise but not ON the rise. I guess the car goes light and braking then could very well lead to an off as you lock up and lose traction? For sure Rob and Adrian would know better than me though Paul.

sanzomat

Quarry - what they all said - the only thing I'll add is if you do find yourself going into a spin due to gassing it too much at/after the apex just let it go and you'll most likely end up on the infield. Its only if you try to catch it you'll go off on the outside - same at Tower and Camp really.