News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Hello Everyone

Started by 7builder, 29, January, 2010, 06:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7builder

Hello,

I've just registered as a new user and this is my first post to say Hi and to introduce myself.
I found this site by accident about 20 minutes ago and joined straight away. I have been a member of Locost builders forum from the very beginning and involved in the kit car scene for quite some time now. I am embarrased to say that I bought an MK Indy kit back in 2003 and it is still in bits - is that some kind of record?
The car is being built with a 4AGE engine and I live in Thornbury.
Cheers,

Paul

'The Gaffer'

Hi there and a warm welcome Paul.

Nice to have another local member on board. Perhaps we can give you some inspiration to get your car finished.

4 years might be a record?? I bought mine ready built as I'd probably beat that hands down ;D.

The forum is quiet right now, but should start tp liven up when the sun starts to come out but make yourself at home and enjoy your stay.

All the best..
phil.

7builder

Thanks for the warm welcome Phil. I definitely need inspiration, in-fact feel free to shame me into action.

I have uploaded some pictures to the gallery, mostly of the donor engine and the mods I carried out to the inlet manifold. Luckily my Dad carried out the TIG welding before he retired.

Richard

Warm Welcome !!!

4 years, OMG (in forum speak)   I can take the high ground here as I haven't made my first birthday of having it  ;)

Anyway, welcome, do feel free to come along in your other car to a meet, come say hi and realise you can finish that build.

Post a few more pics as you make the massive new progress towards being on the road by summer !

Do have a good browse around

YellaBelly

Hi and welcome :)

Must admit, I thought I was being a little slow with 2 years since starting in earnest and I'm only just at rolling chassis and about to start fitting the engine, but I don't feel too bad now  ;) Still, getting back on with it now :D.

Keep the pictures coming in ;)

David H

Welcome.

Get off the pooter and inta d garage! Get the beast on the road!

seriously, welcome. As soon as its finished, it'll be in bits soon after with the next lot of changes so it doesn't matter really

Bulldog Bri

Welcome aboard Paul.

hope you can make it down to some of the meetings.

don't worry about not having your car on the road yet, your not the only one..  ;)

8)

paintman

Hi there Paul and welcome.

Not many cars on the road what with the winter lay-up and repairs/mods.
Soon as the sun comes out you will get inspiration i'm sure.  I've got lots to do to mine but the thought of a cold garage isn't that inviting!! ::)

dave_bence