Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Donington Track Day GP Circuit Open Pit Lane Only £130 - Book NOW at this price

Started by Krazyken, 18, March, 2011, 08:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Krazyken

Focussed Events have today announced 2 Donington GP Circuit dates at just £130, you can also add a pit garage for £25.  The 2 dates are: -

Tuesday 26th April
Monday 23rd May

the link to their website is http://www.focusedevents.com/car_event_list.asp

Dave Bence and I have already booked for Monday 23rd May, this is our favourite UK circuit as Craner Curves are an experience not to be missed.  At this price both of these dates will be full within days so if you want to go book NOW otherwise you will miss out.

'The Gaffer'

Krazyken

Gaffer, are you sharing a garage with David H?  Well worth the extra £25 especially if it rains.  If you are I will have a word with FE to see if DB & I can be in the garage next door.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Krazyken on 20, March, 2011, 08:54:37 PM
Gaffer, are you sharing a garage with David H?  Well worth the extra £25 especially if it rains.  If you are I will have a word with FE to see if DB & I can be in the garage next door.

Yes we are going to share a garage Ken. See you next door :)

robp

Daley Down Under

'The Gaffer'

robp

Wow, 16 places left yesterday and nearly full now.   :o

Quite a few of us going from Bristol area.  Anyone going up night before and know a good place to stay that's safe for the cars?

Krazyken

Rob

Dave & I normally leave at 6am it's exactly a 2 hour drive, that leaves time for a stop & coffe at the services on J2 of the M42, nice & qiuet at that time in the morning. 

If you want to stay the night before I normally Google B&B near to ...... and see what comes up.

hoobahole

I have just booked the 23rd May and a garage. I intend to stay the Sunday evening - to be arranged.

Ken, if you are sorting garages to be next to each other then please include me if possible.

Cheers,

Roger Hole.

David H

Krazyken

Roger

I have got 3 garages together so far, I will ring FE again to add you to the list.  Are you sharing the garage with anyone?

Krazyken

We now have 4 garages next to each other all will be labelled up BKCC so just quote BKCC on the day.  I have just received my joining instructions from FE so you should get these soon if you have not already.

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

Should make a good photo shoot as well with the cars parked out the front of them, I've Passed the club banner over to Dave B to use on such events as well.

8)

hoobahole

Quote from: Krazyken on 31, March, 2011, 07:49:17 PM
Roger

I have got 3 garages together so far, I will ring FE again to add you to the list.  Are you sharing the garage with anyone?

I'm not currently sharing with anyone - but am happy to do so.

David H

Krazyken

I don't know, I have been in the pit garages at Brands Hatch & the club garages at Spa and they would definitely only fit 2.  The Donington garages may be bigger but we won't know until we get there.

Daley Down Under

I've used garages at Donnington before. Two is fine - anymore would be a real squeeze

Adrian

tickious

The website says £165, do we get discount?  8)

Also if our Kelvin's up for it can we get a garage next to you guys?

Krazyken

With all track days the earlier you book the better price you will get, those that booked early will have booked at £130 which is why Book NOW is in the strapline title.  As FE now only have a few places left to fill the price has gone up to £165.  Even at this price it is still excellent value for money as most other track day companies are asking £250 - £295 for Donington Park.

As I always say regarding track days that are a good price when released, get in quick and let your credit card take the strain. 

There are no discount arrangements currently in place with FE as firstly we want to see how well run their days are and secondly any club discounts are best negotiated face to face which I will attempt to do on the day.

Given that the CKC Llandow day has now sold out and the price has gone up on this one, when a track day appears on the forum make sure you book straight away to ensure that you get the best price and do not miss out altogether.

Krazyken

Tickious, forgot to mention that if you do book and take a pit garage if there are any left, post up on this thread and i will ask FE to allocate us 5 garages in a row in place of 4.

Cheers

Ken

hoobahole

Quote from: tickious on 16, April, 2011, 10:58:13 PM
The website says £165, do we get discount?  8)

Also if our Kelvin's up for it can we get a garage next to you guys?

Tickious,

You are welcome to share a garage with me if you are alone.

Rog

'The Gaffer'

Wow, what a great trip. Fantastic and quite scary track for me following a fast  tank slapper and then a 3 x 360 spin.  All part of the fun though :)

Great company and garage  atmosphere. Glad we had garages as it poured down for an hour

Totally shattered now though. A few pics to follow.

David H

What a fantastic day indeed!!

That is up there with some of the best. Donnington is a proper gem and I would happily go back. The garages definately helped create a brilliant pit atmosphere!

I missed my Westy a little but still managed to have loads of fun throwing my old banger (328) around.

Thanks to all

robp

Great trackday.  Donington is my new favourite circuit.  Virtually the whole circuit is fab (Melbourne loop was a bit of a bore but increased the capacity of the circuit, I guess).  Once I'd been out on the circuit for a while and decided to come in for a break, slowed down in the loop, but then as soon as I got on the pit straight I remembered the Craner Curves were just around Redgate; ahh just one more lap!   ;D ;)  Shame I didn't have a bigger fuel tank!! ::) ;D

Shame about wet weather later but I had loads of track time in the morning; Westy didn't miss a beat.

Anyone any photos or video footage?

Well impressed with the 328, Dave.

Daley Down Under

Is there another date planned cos Donnington is fantastic.  We must also do Oulton - another gem and doesn't suffer with the same noise limit

Adrian

dave_bence

Great day ;D

Superb circuit and a lot of fun and banter in the garages. Nice to be sheltered from that wind.

Shame about the rain, but all morning and late afternoon was brilliant out on the track.

I think I've nominated myself for a Black Award, by getting my car stuck in the gravel trap at the end of the Melbourne Loop :-[
Thankfully, no damage apart from dented pride.

A long and tiring day (up at 4.45am :o), but well worth it.

I'm also keen to do Oulton - probably in August with BHP Trackdays.

Krazyken

Agree with all of the above.  My 2nd time at Donington and definitely my favourite UK circuit, better than Brands or Silverstone.  I made a useful contact with FE and we talked about group discounts which I will be following up so watch this space.

Dave Dooms Black Award nomination is registered as he well and truly buried himself in the gravel causing the track to be closed for 20 mins whilst they recovered him.

Not done Oulton but it's on the list for this year so again watch this space.

'The Gaffer'

A few pics...

Cars safely in bed for the night outside the hotel. Robp, Krazy Ken and Adam admiring the view.

After bringing a take away back to the hotel, Rog decided to have a cup of tea, but without the tea. Beer was his choice.. how uncouth :))

Early start and first look at Donington - Very impressive.

Lots of people gathered around one of the BKCC's garages. Had they all come to see my Riot?   No, everybody was waiting for the driver briefing next door :D

Unloading my car into the garage, thanks for the help guys, couldn't have done the day without you all :)

Clear track, looking quite daunting to me. Never thought I'd ever drive on a MotoGP F1 track 8)

Early morning look at pit lane - very quiet.

Nice big garages, people coming and going all day making a really nice social meeting place, here's my Riot next to a Noble.

First queue of the day to get out on track, didn't take long once things got moving.

Dave H and Rog prepare for a session in the slag, very impressive car and driver. Shame you couldn't see Rog's face of death!!

Face of death you ask?? That was even before we had a look at Dave's brake pads after their session. We wondered what the metallic rubbing sound was :o

Then the rain came, exactly as Robp's phone predicted - Bang on time. We wondered if the guy in this pic was really going to go out, he sat there for ages in the queue determined - but finally had second thoughts.

Cosy, rain and wind free in the garage :)

Nice big pile of 'kitty litter' (Not to mention a train ticket ???) from Dave Bence's car following his outing off track :)

Once things had dried out a bit I had time for a little video, look out for Krazy Ken. Sorry guys, wish I had done some more video of the day. Has anyone got any in car stuff?

Again a great day and great company.. all I need now are bigger cojones and better driving skills in order to start catching up with the fast guys ;)

Daley Down Under

If you like Donnington you'll love Oulton - tricky circuit to learn and get right but highly entertaining. Not much further than Donnington either.

Adrian

peetee

Great pics Phil, looked like a really good day, except for the rain of course!

David H

Great photos Phil!

The garages really helped with the atmosphere. I would get one of those again!

Donnington is also one of my favourites now

alastair

Hey guys, that looked like a brill day! shame about the rain. Wish I was there.