Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Detling Kitcar and Sportscar Show 2011

Started by 'The Gaffer', 24, March, 2011, 05:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

'The Gaffer'

Just a BKCC reminder..

THE EUROPEAN KIT CAR AND SPORTSCAR SHOW.
Date:- 21st-22nd May 2011.
Place:- Kent County Showground Detling near Maidstone.
Opening times:- 10am -5pm daily
Admission:- £11 adults £2 child under 13yrs.
Camping £6 per person advance bookings only.
Contact:- 01233 713878 www.kitcar-shows.co.uk cookie@car-shows.co.uk

Anyone venturing to this one?

Dixie

This showground is about 5 miles from my factory in Sittingbourne.  Bloody miles away, takes me a good 3.5 hrs to get there and is a really s**t journey at the best of times.  Plus Sittingbourne is the armpit of the country.

I for one ain't going.

Mark

Psymon

Quote from: Dixie on 24, March, 2011, 09:58:01 PM
This showground is about 5 miles from my factory in Sittingbourne.  Bloody miles away, takes me a good 3.5 hrs to get there and is a really s**t journey at the best of times.  Plus Sittingbourne is the armpit of the country.

I for one ain't going.

Mark

Sounds like you love the place really Mark  :P

Simon  :D :D :D

stupott901

I wont be going either as I'm on exercise in Germany for the whole of may bummer

Dixie

Simon.

Trust me it's a s**t hole.  Walk through the high street, people in pubs at 11am and all afternoon, standing outside pi**ed.  And you will struggle to find someone that speaks English.  I stopped a bloke the other day and asked the way to the local go-kart track, he said "me no speak English", I felt like saying why are you in this country then, but just hung my head and drove on.

I hate the journey there, I hate it when I am there and hate staying overnight there, but enjoy the journey home.  God forsaken place.  All the tea in China wouldn't get me to go there on my day off.

So yes Simon you're right, I really do like it.

M

stupott901

Sounds like a lovely place I think not I'll strike it of my places to go

paintman

Lol.....are you sure you don't want to go Mark?? ;D ;D

Richard

Went last year - there is a post of pics on here somewhere from then.

It was earlier in the year in previous years and of a similar size / slightly smaller than Exeter in my opinion(not fact based).

Some interesting vehicles as always at shows but not enough to do that long drive and back in my opinion.

Won't be trying to fit this one into my list of things to do.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Dixie on 24, March, 2011, 10:15:38 PM
Simon.

Trust me it's a s**t hole.  Walk through the high street, people in pubs at 11am and all afternoon, standing outside pi**ed.  And you will struggle to find someone that speaks English.  I stopped a bloke the other day and asked the way to the local go-kart track, he said "me no speak English", I felt like saying why are you in this country then, but just hung my head and drove on.

I hate the journey there, I hate it when I am there and hate staying overnight there, but enjoy the journey home.  God forsaken place.  All the tea in China wouldn't get me to go there on my day off.

So yes Simon you're right, I really do like it.

M

So it looks like Mark may be the only one who is showing any interest..... LOL

paintman

Richard

Reports from the showground yesterday were quite saying it was really very very quiet, so guess the date move this year has not helped as they are no longer the first show and too close to after Stoneleigh. Seems a good decision not to travel for it.