Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Caring with Cars 2011 9th July 2011

Started by tickious, 15, April, 2011, 07:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

tickious

Get your name down. I'll be there, and it's for a good cause! ;)
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=990000

'Mendip Wurzel'

My name is now on the list.....

WALNUT

paintman

Sounds alike a good day and a good cause.....I'm on the list.....lets go! ;)

RMW50

'The Gaffer'

Can some please post a link to the list?

tickious

'The Gaffer'

Bulldog Bri

RMW50

Guys,

The list of cars  on this is looking pretty good.

Do those who are going have a plan, I am not sure if it is best to travel down the friday night and camp somewhere then drive back on the Saturday?

Alternatively I could travel down in the morning and maybe camp over on the Saturday - it all depends if you guys are meeting up anywhere more local to Bristol and we can make it a bit of a gathering - particularly for the likes of me who are a little further away....

Let me know your thoughts, even if camping is not the best option maybe I can book a travel lodge or similar, it would be good to catch up with you all again.

Rich

paintman

Sounds a good idea, we could meet up on the outskirts of Bristol and convoy in together.....then i won't get lost...lol ;D

Tony

Dixie

My name is down.  But un-sure how I will cope seeing ill kids.  Got a lump in my throat thinking about it.

M

Hairy Santa

Added

Tony (paintman) I thought you were already on the outskirts of bristol  :)

'The Gaffer'

Ok lets do a list..

1.  Tickious
2.  Mendip Wursel
3.  WALLNUT
4.  Paintman
5.  RMW50
6.  The Gaffer
7.  Bulldog Bri
8.  Dixie
9.  Hairy Santa

paintman

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 20, May, 2011, 04:22:19 PM
Added

Tony (paintman) I thought you were already on the outskirts of bristol  :)

I live in Frome Pete which is about 28 miles from Central Bristol and I haven't got sat nav in the Hood. :D :D

RMW50

Tony,

28 miles, that is nearly central Bristol, We will be coming down from the "outskirts", we are only around 70 miles away! The plan at the moment is to travel down on the saturday morning, so when it gets a bit closer to the date we can maybe arrange to meet somewhere in Bristol, although we are probably coming from a different direction to you.

Rich

paintman

Quote from: RMW50 on 21, May, 2011, 10:54:52 AM
Tony,

28 miles, that is nearly central Bristol, We will be coming down from the "outskirts", we are only around 70 miles away! The plan at the moment is to travel down on the saturday morning, so when it gets a bit closer to the date we can maybe arrange to meet somewhere in Bristol, although we are probably coming from a different direction to you.

Rich

The sat nav. bit was a joke!!! ;D ;D

Sumov8

Just enetered my name to the Pistonhead list, lets hope for a hot sunny day!!

Grin-a-lot

I'm down too, nice to help someone if I can and the wife's away all weekend so i've got a free pass to funtime anyway!

RMW50

Quote from: 'The Gaffer' on 20, May, 2011, 07:02:38 PM
Ok lets do a list..

1.  Tickious
2.  Mendip Wursel
3.  WALLNUT
4.  Paintman
5.  RMW50
6.  The Gaffer
7.  Bulldog Bri
8.  Dixie
9.  Hairy Santa

Are any of you guys meeting up on the Saturday evening after the Caring with Cars day?
I should be coming along with "Tipton Pete" and his son in the "support vehicle", with me and Emily in the toy, if anyone is meeting up then let me know and we will see if we can arrange a camp site somewhere near the pub etc.

If no one is meeting up then no problem, we will camp on the Saturday night and travel back up on the Sunday.

Let me know your thoughts,

Rich

stupott901

I have registered as well hopefully be back from america by then I'd better get polishing the cobra

Stu

Denzle

Thats me booked as well.......Denzle... 8)

Bulldog Bri

Now that a lot of us are signed up to attend this event, how about we arrange a meeting place in town, Say Aston Gate, superstores car park, (Oppsite the Ford garage) Meet up latest 9:30am

Plus for those coming from east of Bristol an earlier meeting place at McDonalds Brislington 9:00am
8)

Grin-a-lot

Meeting sounds good to me; don't really mind where though...

'The Gaffer'

paintman

Sounds good but not living in Bristol a post code or map ref. would be useful Bri. :D

Tony

Denzle

Quote from: paintman on 09, June, 2011, 07:28:29 PM
Sounds good but not living in Bristol a post code or map ref. would be useful Bri. :D

Tony

Childrens Hospice
  South west.   Charlton farm
                          Charlton Drive,
                              Wraxall,
                                 Bristol.  BS48  1PE
Off the M5 Junction 19 to Portbury.   Down Portbury Lane to Clevedon Road.
Turn right onto Clevedon Road,  Then first right onto Charlton Drive.
Look it up on Google map.   But it only shows a line for Charlton Drive.

It will be signposted with the pistonheads logo.   Two crossed con rods with pistons, and a smiley face above.

Denzle..... ;)

paintman

Hairy Santa

Quote from: paintman on 09, June, 2011, 07:28:29 PM

Tony

If you come through Keynsham towards Bristol you will meet up with the large roundabout that starts the Ringroad, go left towards Bristol and at the next crossroads  (800 yds) look right, you will see the Mcdonalds, we meet just down the road from there in the car park - hope this helps 

paintman

Cheers Pete that seems best option i think.......expect i'll bring Stupott and Dixie with me. ;)

Tony

Dixie

Good idea, Pete can buy me a double sausage nd egg McMuffin.

M

Hairy Santa

Quote from: Dixie on 10, June, 2011, 10:42:34 PM
Good idea, Pete can buy me a double sausage nd egg McMuffin.

M

love it, and I thought I was food orientated  :o

of coarse depending on timing we could always meet at the Bristol Trade Centre and have a proper breakfast to set us up for the day, not much further on 

paintman

Dixie

Grin-a-lot

Perhaps we should do our own event; Caring With Breakfast?

paintman

Quote from: Grin-a-lot on 12, June, 2011, 10:59:56 AM
Perhaps we should do our own event; Caring With Breakfast?

Well Santa certainly cares about breakfast......he usually has two!!  lol ;D ;D

TVRV8S

Hi chaps,

I'm V8S on Pistonheads. I've met a few of you already at other events. :D

Something that was said on Page 1 of this thread needs a bit of clarification.

The event is mostly in the grounds of the private school a field away from the hospice, not actually at the hospice itself. We don't know if any children that may be staying at the hospice will be well enough to see the cars, so I have purposely not made that connection to the event. We would love for some children to enjoy the day but it will be a decision for the families and nurses on the day itself.

We've now reached 400 cars and a great bit of news is that the Red Arrows will be doing a flypast.

'The Gaffer'

Hi TVRV8S and thanks for the clarification.

Dixie

Gaffer.

I cannot make this now.  Someone has given me a 3 day ticket to the Bristish Grand Prix in Silverstone :D

Hospitality, booze, women, oh yea and cars.

Couldn't really give that up could I?

Have fun.

Mark

knuckle head

Can I add my name to the list please... :D