AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Sunday 24th May Cheddar Gorge run anyone??

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 23, May, 2015, 09:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Is anyone planning to go to Cheddar 2moro?

I have a few mates who I go to the Queens Sq meetings with who are going down in tin tops and am hoping to go down in my Tiger in convoy with them (weather permitting).

Is there likely to be anyone else from the club there? I have not been b4 but have been told it's quite a good morning out.

Colin, Ian, Bri, any of you guys going down?

Cheers, Steve

benchmark51

Sadly not for me. It's Monaco GP, roast beef and a stack of work to do getting in the way.

madmarkymark

Not sure if you went - but I've just got back from there (did a cross-country race) and passed about 400 bikers on their way up the gorge !!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: madmarkymark on 24, May, 2015, 03:20:15 PM
Not sure if you went - but I've just got back from there (did a cross-country race) and passed about 400 bikers on their way up the gorge !!

Well the bikers are obviously tougher than my lot, they all cried off 'cos of the rain here, didnt want to get their tin-tops wet!!!! We may be going 2moro now insted (I hope).

Did many cars show up?

madmarkymark

No cars  :(.  Bikes just got back to Weston - traffic chaos !!  Tomorrow might be good.  Anyone else thinking of going?

'Mendip Wurzel'

I may go tomorrow but what does this relate to? Is this a biking event
Thanks 

Moleman

Sorry been busy. I won't be able to make tomorrow I'm afraid.  :(

Iancider

And a belated apology from me because I have been away for the weekend at the Duxford VE day air-show - SPECTACULAR!

Otherwise I would have joined you.

Regards
Ian

paintman

Love to go but I think the Hood might be illegal having no nose-cone or bonnet......?? ::)

Facial Hair Optional

Just an update... my tin-top pals eventually decided to go yesterday leaving Coalpit Heath area at 5pm. Sadly I could not go at that time as was looking at another car for sale elsewhere, but they say Cheddar was packed with cars, more than even at the Breakfast Club meetings in Queens Square!!!

It sounds like this could be a good regular run out for the club during dry weather maybe???

Moleman

We do do a run down to cheddar every year I will see what I can do to arrange something mate.  :)

paintman

Quote from: Moleman on 25, May, 2015, 07:49:08 PM
We do do a run down to cheddar every year I will see what I can do to arrange something mate.  :)

Myself and Dixie do the Mendips most months when we are on the road.....always a good morning out! ;) ;)

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 25, May, 2015, 02:40:34 PM
Just an update... my tin-top pals eventually decided to go yesterday leaving Coalpit Heath area at 5pm. Sadly I could not go at that time as was looking at another car for sale elsewhere, but they say Cheddar was packed with cars, more than even at the Breakfast Club meetings in Queens Square!!!
Is this a regular or organised event if there was that many cars?
Cheers

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 25, May, 2015, 07:49:08 PM

Cheers Colin

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: 'Mendip Wurzel' on 26, May, 2015, 11:48:16 AM
Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 25, May, 2015, 02:40:34 PM
Is this a regular or organised event if there was that many cars?
Cheers
Someone said it was a Pistonheads meeting apparently? No idea of the accuracy of that though. I guess it might say something on their website?

paintman

[/quote]Someone said it was a Pistonheads meeting apparently? No idea of the accuracy of that though. I guess it might say something on their website?
[/quote]

The Pistonheads meet was last month, a few of us went down to watch the idiots driving like maniacs in their Ferraris' and Lambos.

'Mendip Wurzel'

This car event seems to have organised through Facebook, it sounds as though it was quite a big gathering. They are talking about another similar event in Cheddar on the Sunday 7th June 2015

https://www.facebook.com/events/1453101068333659/

UPDATE: It looks like there are already problems with the Gorge owners not wanting this event.... O well

Facial Hair Optional

Well if their driving skills are as bad as their spelling, punctuation and planning then we are all in big trouble!!!  :P