+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Bristol Motor Club and Bristol Pegasus Motor Club

Started by Facial Hair Optional, 07, September, 2015, 08:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facial Hair Optional

Is anyone here a member of either of these two clubs? Just wondered what they were like. I've looked at their sites and they seem to have regular events, just thought it might give more options for BKCC meets or things to do being as so many of ours can get rained off. BMC have a track day at Llandow soon for example and are doing something at Shelsley Walsh this month too. Seems cheap too.

http://bristolmc.org.uk/september-3/

http://bristolmc.org.uk/llandow-trackday/

http://www.bristolpegasus.com/events-calendar/

Iancider

We do have a few joint members and we get invites to their do's.  And they are good!

They are an excellent club and have complimentary interests to ours.  They cover a huge range from Classics, to novelty, monster trucks, Supercars and recent collectables.  We should do more together.

Regards
Ian

Facial Hair Optional

I agree Ian, it would be good to have even more options than we already have (and it's pretty fab already!).

It's interesting to see other types of car too and who knows we may pick up some classic or sports car new members which I think would add to the clubs appeal and broaden the spectrum of members.

Many of our members seem to go to hillclimbs and sprints in any case. I'd love to do a hillclimb one day!

Brandy Barrel

Yes I'm a member of BMC.
Basically so that we can have access to the events they hold. Their association and registration means you can compete in hill climbs and speed events.
If your not a member you can't compete. So we thought we could combine the two as Cameron wants to compete in 2016.

Facial Hair Optional

I really would like to have a go at hillclimbs and speed events but I know next to nothing about how to go about it. So you have to be a club member to be able to do it at all?

Blackadder

You have to be a member of the MSA ( Motor Sports Asscociation ). Apply for a Speed National B licence ( non race licence ). Join a MSA recognised club BMC or Pegasus etc to enter their events .
    You will need racing helmet gloves and overalls . Your car needs certain safety features dependant on which class you're in . Best option is to just go to a sprint or hillclimb and ask people who have similar machinery to yours. Hill climbers and sprinters are a friendly bunch who will only be too pleased to help a newcomer .

Moleman

It would be good to do some more joint event's with other clubs.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Blackadder on 08, September, 2015, 07:31:33 PM
You have to be a member of the MSA ( Motor Sports Asscociation ). Apply for a Speed National B licence ( non race licence ). Join a MSA recognised club BMC or Pegasus etc to enter their events .
    You will need racing helmet gloves and overalls . Your car needs certain safety features dependant on which class you're in . Best option is to just go to a sprint or hillclimb and ask people who have similar machinery to yours. Hill climbers and sprinters are a friendly bunch who will only be too pleased to help a newcomer .
All that and yet any fool can hammer round Combe at 120 - 160mph like a loonatic in a car with no fire extinguisher as long as they dont wear shorts and have long sleeves and a helmet on! Crazy!

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 08, September, 2015, 08:17:02 PM
It would be good to do some more joint event's with other clubs.  :)
Yeah defo something to work on over the winter for some events next year maybe Col?

SPAXIMUS

I am a member of the Pegasus club and it is a great organisation to be part of. If you join as a member it is just £10 but you get a voucher back for £10 to use on any club event, so effectively free membership.
Each year they have a track day at Combe so as a member it is discounted, then you can use the voucher as well.

We meet at the BAWA club and have various speakers, Barry Whizzo Williams and Mike Costin (the Co from Cosworth) were two recent ones.
They have navigation events and run various MSA approved events as  well as various club trips.
I have started to do a bit of marshalling on sprint events which is great fun.

The club does have a good relationship with the BMC as well which helps with some events.

Well worth joining.

Brandy Barrel

One thing to be aware is that the news HANS system, those things F1 drivers wear on their shoulders and support the head are going to be mandatory for events. Costs then start to rise, plus relevant other clobber. Certianly not a cheap thing to do.

Facial Hair Optional

Is that just for competition hill climbing? Surely there must be track day 'just for fun' equivalent hill climb events?