News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Off road Karting in October.

Started by Moleman, 20, September, 2015, 06:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

OK I have tried to do this before but I will try again but it shuts down after October.
It may be fully booked but I will try to book Saturday 24th or Sunday 25th october.
So who is interested in doing a Grand Prix event? only say yes if you will commit to going on this weekend.

Here is the link. http://www.westonlodgeshootingground.co.uk/off-road-karting

If I don't get much of a response then I will forget this one.

I will need a commitment really soon please.

Thankyou.  :)

Brandy Barrel

Sorry, with so much work on the car now, the budget is gonna take a real hit, so I'm afraid i have to decline.

Bulldog Bri

Don't this would be a good idea for me, with 2 worn vertebra in my neck from past sporting mishaps, I cant even go on the large rides at theme parks without suffering the following day. :'( Looks tons of fun though. :P

8)

Moleman

Thanks for letting me know guys.
Is there no takers for this then?

Gary RH7

Sorry not for me Col. I would rather go for the more sedate indoor carting as long as I can get into one, and out of course  :-[

Facial Hair Optional

It does look fun but I think that 'dust' in the video may well be 'wet freezing cold mud' come October Colin!

Iancider

Well I'm a

YES

Does anybody else want to WIMP OUT or do we have men in this club?  :P :P :P :P :P

Ian

sanzomat

I'm a maybe - need to check with the boss. Just had a look at the link - it says they service the karts over the winter closed season so they are all perfect for the spring - does that mean they'll be falling to bits at the end of October???

jmad

I am a definite yes if it is on the 24th and a possible if it is the 25th.

Moleman

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 20, September, 2015, 10:09:53 PM
It does look fun but I think that 'dust' in the video may well be 'wet freezing cold mud' come October Colin!
Not scared od a bit of mud are you? :o  You do get overall's & that's part of the fun.  ;D I'm not expecting for us to take the kit cars this time of year unless you want too that is.  ;D

So far we Have Moleman, Ian & jmad.  :(

You can invite a mate to join us if you wish?  :)

Any more then? or is Ian right?

sanzomat

I'm trying to set aside as much time as possible in October for my engine swap. Hoping to get the engine re-built by the end of Sept and then the car will probably be off the road for most of Oct to swap the engine, gearbox, driveshafts, ECU/engine loom, full gearchange mechanism, radiator, cooling fan, inline thermostat and also the steering rack.

As my garage is too small to work in I'll be doing all the work outside (and hopefully rolling the car in/out of the garage) so I'd like to get it done before the depths of winter...

As such I'm probably a no for the dirt karts (reluctantly). Call me a wimp if you want...

Facial Hair Optional

If any clever club member can build me a bionic right shoulder and left elbow then I could make it, but I can't see that happening soon somehow depsite the club being full of clever d... er people!  ;D :P

Iancider

QuoteIf any clever club member can build me a bionic right shoulder and left elbow then I could make it, but I can't see that happening soon somehow depsite the club being full of clever d... er people!  ;D :P

Okay,

That sounds like a project!  It can't be much harder than panel beating and setting an ECU?   :P :P :P

Moleman

We could get you one of those bolt on steering wheel knob things that you use on forklifts mate?  :)

I will ask a few friends to see if I can add some numbers but if not then this may be dead in the water.  :'(

Facial Hair Optional

I had one of them on my old Rav4 mate, bloody brilliant!! They use them it that car trial thingy where you fling the car around into marked out imaginary garages and through coned sections etc in a car park. Anyone know what it's called cos the old dementia has kicked in again and I've forgotten!

I posted a video of someone doing it in a 7 type car a while back too.  ??? ??? ???

Lucky Ed

Daley Down Under

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 22, September, 2015, 09:52:29 PM
I had one of them on my old Rav4 mate, bloody brilliant!! They use them it that car trial thingy where you fling the car around into marked out imaginary garages and through coned sections etc in a car park. Anyone know what it's called cos the old dementia has kicked in again and I've forgotten!

I posted a video of someone doing it in a 7 type car a while back too.  ??? ??? ???

Autotesting - FHO   :D

Cheers Adrian

Facial Hair Optional

YES!!! Autotest, well done Ian and Adrian! Has anyone ever done one? (I can see the naughty step calling me again!)

Facial Hair Optional

Carbon fibre look-y-like-y too Ian, suits you sir!!!

Moleman

OK FHO get back on that naughty step.  :D

So is it really only 3 of us for this? :(

Facial Hair Optional

How many drivers do you need to make this work Colin?

It's not expensive at £36/40 depending on numbers.

I may come but I'd have to see how my shoulder etc is nearer the day really. Having it injected again on the 5th and am gonna ask for another course of anti inflammatorys this week too. It takes so bloody long to get in to see a doctor these days.

Iancider

As I recall these are two seat buggies - happy to drive and throw loads of mud at my passenger!

Now come on ANY MEN OUT THERE?

Moleman I am sure that between us we should be able to find some men outside the club and perhaps some ladies who are up for anything!

Ian

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Iancider on 23, September, 2015, 10:49:33 PM
...... and perhaps some ladies who are up for anything!

Ian

If only eh mate, if only!  ;)

Moleman

I will ring them tomorrow to see what the minimum numbers needed for this.  :(

Moleman

As you have guessed 3 it not enough. Does any one got any friends that would like to do this?

Facial Hair Optional

Moleman

Any more for this as time is running out. :)

Iancider

I made a mistake and put my two extra volunteers on the Karting Thread - they are Dirt Buggy volunteers!

Does that make it work?
Ian

Moleman

I will ring them tomorrow Ian to see if 5 is enough.

If it is then I will book it for Saturday 24th,

So far we have Moleman
                      Jmad
                      Iancider  +2

Are you sure there is no one else up for this?

Moleman

This is now booked for Saturday 24th October for 2.30pm so please be there for 2pm.

I will need £10 deposit from everyone now please with £30 to pay on the day

You can either pay by Bank Transfer, Pay pal or send me a cheque so please PM me how you would like to pay.

Each driver competes in 4 races of 5 laps each.  8)

So far we have Moleman       = £10 deposit paid.
                      Jmad      +1   = £20 deposit paid
                      Iancider  +2   = £10 deposit paid

Iancider

Weston Lodge Shooting Ground

Coast Road
Portishead
Bristol
BS20 8JX

Tel: 01275 842225

jmad

I have one more willing victim, is it ok to add another name? If it is I will transfer another £10.

Thanks  8)

Moleman

Ok cool. I will ring them & let you know.

Any more for this? Go on don't be shy!

Moleman

Quote from: jmad on 12, October, 2015, 11:39:06 AM
I have one more willing victim, is it ok to add another name? If it is I will transfer another £10.

Thanks  8)

Hi mate I can add another 2 people so yes he can mate.  8)

Would anyone else like the last space? 8)

jmad

Hi, Have just transferred another £10 so its jmad +1

Moleman

OK thanks mate.  8)

Still one spot left.

fromeflyer

Is there still a spot available? If there is I'll take it. Cheers

Moleman

Yes that is fine. See you next week then fromeflyer.  8)

Moleman

Don't forget it is this Saturday. 8)

Please be there at 2pm so we will be ready to start at 2.30pm

Weston Lodge Shooting Ground
Coast Road
Portishead
Bristol
BS20 8JX     Tel: 01275 842225

This is a all weather sport so it will go ahead if it's raining. They will provide wet weather or dry weather overalls so all you will need to bring is some footwear you don't mind getting dirty.

People who are going =  Moleman       = £10 deposit paid.
                                    Jmad      +1   = £20 deposit paid
                                    Iancider  +2   = £10 deposit paid
                                    Fromeflyer

Don't forget to bring the rest of the payment with you.  :)

See you there. 8)