News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Thursday Evening Club meet 1st Oct

Started by Moleman, 24, September, 2015, 10:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

Facial Hair Optional

That's a shame. Gutted I missed it. Would have come with Mike B or Dave/sanzomat but just not up to it in my current state mate  :( off to bed to try and 'sleep myself better'  ???

damouk

Well Ive been back about half an hour and can still feel my fingers so that's a result!!  shame you couldn't make it Steve, fingers crossed for Monday.

Sprint 7

If it's no hairdessers cars then does that mean I'm banned with my Tigra?? :( :(

Gary RH7

Good turnout and not so cold on the way home but need to get rid of the sealed beams and get some halogen upgrades.
Where is the winter evening meet as this was the last as Saltford. BM51 was trying to explain last night but without a map I was a bit lost, :-[

sanzomat

Quote from: Gary RH7 on 02, October, 2015, 07:57:49 AM

Where is the winter evening meet as this was the last as Saltford. BM51 was trying to explain last night but without a map I was a bit lost, :-[

The Lock Keeper, Keynsham Rd, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2DD

sanzomat

need to get rid of the sealed beams and get some halogen upgrades.

I need to think about upgrading my headlights too. They are halogen but seem quite dim, maybe because they are behind slightly smoked perspex covers. Think I'll check the wires/earthing first then consider alternatives.

Couldn't see where I was going (slightly misty windscreen too) leaving the car park and turned into the boatyard car park rather than the lane with a couple of other cars following me - blind leading the blind! sorry guys :-[

Gary RH7

Quote from: sanzomat on 02, October, 2015, 08:18:37 AM

The Lock Keeper, Keynsham Rd, Keynsham, Bristol BS31 2DD

Many thanks. Looks like a good road from Chippenham. At lease I don't have to use the Lansdown to RUH then Saltford road again. That sucks :'(

Facial Hair Optional

It's only just down the road from the other place Gary. I would think whatever route you are gonna use for the Lock Keeper (to avoid that one you sound like you don't like!) you could have used for the Shallows too? May be a bit longer but gotta be better than using a road you don't like, especially in a kit if it's bumpy, potholed, narrow, covered in cow poo or whatever?  ;D

damouk

Quote from: sanzomat on 02, October, 2015, 08:25:58 AM

Couldn't see where I was going (slightly misty windscreen too) leaving the car park and turned into the boatyard car park rather than the lane with a couple of other cars following me - blind leading the blind! sorry guys :-[

I almost did the same, although it was my visor that was the problem!!!

benchmark51

Visor problem? Lack of a spacesuit more like ;D ;D

damouk

Ha I was quite warm on the way back actually Dave, it was surprising. No need for a space suit!

Iancider

QuoteHa I was quite warm on the way back actually Dave, it was surprising.

Yes you get that effect when heat leaves your body fast enough.  Hypothermia normally follows!  :o

Facial Hair Optional

Maybe Damo was going so fast it was air friction keeping him warm? A bit like the space shuttle re-entering the atmosphere!!