Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Queen's Square Sunday morning meet 8th November

Started by Moleman, 01, November, 2015, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Moleman

This is a really good chance to meet up with car enthusiasts from all over Bristol. it is held on the Sunday morning from about 9am at Queen Square, Bristol, City of Bristol BS1 4QS

We are now supporting the Avenue Driver's Club in their efforts to sustain this magnificent free public event and thanks to all who have signed up (for free)  If you haven't follow this link to do so.

http://www.avenuedriversclub.co.uk/joinus.html

I know we are always immaculately behaved but I am going to ask three things.  We wish to make a positive impact on the Square and for Bristol as a whole. 
(a) If you see some litter could you pick it up and put it in the bins (not ours but we will help)
(b) If somebody does make noise, very politely explain the situation to them so that the show is not banned as a result - that also applies to burning rubber and the like
(c) Invite as many members of the public as possible to enjoy this benefit for Bristol

So this is a great venue with a good atmosphere so who is up for it?

This one is getting really popular now so it is best to get there early if you can. Though we will be giving this one a little review soon so come along & see what you think?  :)

I won't be there as I will be at the classic vehicle restoration show but you guys can do both if you like.  :)
So who else is up for this?  :)

sanzomat

I expect I'll pop down for a bacon roll and a cuppa. Hopefully it won't need to be quite so early now the clocks have changed! Will probably leave Yate at around 8.00.

Facial Hair Optional

Hope to be there but atm no kit to take so who knows what I'll turn up in!!!  :o

sanzomat

Quote from: Facial Hair Optional on 02, November, 2015, 12:10:21 PM
Hope to be there but atm no kit to take so who knows what I'll turn up in!!!  :o

Let me know if you need a lift

Facial Hair Optional

Ok Dave, thanks for the offer, I will let you know (I've never been in your car!)  ;D

Moleman

If you do you might want to raise the ride height Dave.  :P

Any more going then?

Facial Hair Optional

Quote from: Moleman on 02, November, 2015, 04:14:55 PM
If you do you might want to raise the ride height Dave.  :P

Any more going then?
It's all muscle Col. Mostly  ;D

Iancider

Well this time I am elsewhere at the Classic and Restoration show - so somebody else will just have to have my bacon butty!

Ian

Moleman

So who else is going to Queens Square then taking a run to support us at the restoration show? 8)

Sprint 7

Armastice Day this Sunday so please tell others (as we are civil minded chaps) no revving of  engines this week. Why not go to the square , park up, and then wander around to the centre and join in the service.
Even if you ain't  religious it's a wonderfull atmosphere and great to see all ages and all types join in a very humbling hour.
Not much to ask really is it. :) :) :)

Moleman

Thanks for the heads up on that one mate. I have found it's normally the super cars that do the loud revving.  ::)
Not sure about what roads may be closed around town then people.  :)

Facial Hair Optional

Most likely just the centre I would think Colin. And even that may be open in parts. I seem to recall driving through it last year. I came haring round the bend into the centre in the Tiger with the loudest exhaust in the world (b4 the 20mph limit) only to run into about ten coppers in uniform walking to attend the service who all turned and gave me the evil eye! I slowed down very quickly!!  :-[

Hairy Santa

try coming in from redcliffe church, should be clear

don't try princes street bridge - it's not there  ;D

sanzomat

So, is anyone going to queens square tomorrow then?

Sumov8

sanzomat

Didn't make it today. Was feeling a bit rough and didn't wake up until 9. Hope anyone that did go had a good morning!

Moleman

Sumov8

Yes I turned up the square was full with a lot of cars parked on the kirb, the police were also patrolling as part of the remembrance day, which I went over to and watched the parade, had to put the roof up though as it went dark on the way home.

Moleman

I saw pictures of your car on the avenue's drivers club facebook site mate.  :)

I'm guessing you was the only one then?  :D