News:

A big thanks to all members past and present for making the club viable for so long.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Summer Track day planning

Started by David H, 22, May, 2010, 08:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

David H

Hi all

The summer is here at last!! I'm planning to do a few track days and various car related events so i thought i would jot a couple of ideas down and see if anyone wanted to join me or have any other ideas of their own.

Silverstone Stowe, 5th June, Lotus on Track evening only, seriously considering
Castle Combe, 7th June, M.S.E. open pit. BOOKED ;D
Le Mans 24hr, 11th to 13th June.
Bedford Autodrome, 15th June, Lotus on Track evening only, possibly
Shakespear runway, Run what ya brung, 10th 11th July Pegasus Motorclub weekend, 1/4 mile strip BOOKED :o
(Le Mans Classic is also on this weekend)
Llandow, 16th July, Westfield Club, anyone can come, 90 to non members. BOOKED :P
Le Mans trackdays, Bugatti and Maison Blanche 7th - 9th August with Lotus on Track. BOOKED 8)
Castle Combe, August 14th, Bristol Pegasus Motor Club, open pit, anyone
Castle Combe, October 16th, Bristol Pegasus Motor Club Sprint. Considering entering.

I would like to do Stowe again as its really good fun. Excellent little windy track with loads of safe run off.

I'd also like to do Oulton Park and Anglesea sometime.

The Nurburgring has to be done again and if I'm honest, I would do that over almost anything else, logistics allowing.

I'm sure i wont make a lot of it but there are a few options. What's everyone else up to?

dave_bence

That's an impressive list Dave!

My plans for this year are:

June 18th: Castle Combe track day
June 19th: BKCC clinic at Track Developments
July 11th: RWYB at Shakespeare County Raceway with BPMC (our dates differ on this!)
August 14th: BPMC Castle Combe track day
September 11th: Pembrey track day with ME
September 18th: Chepstow Auto Challenge with BPMC
October 5th: Brands Hatch Indy – tkc mag On Track (in Ken's Marlin)

I expect there will be a couple of local airfield days with ME added in there somewhere and I'm really hoping Donington Park will be open again for a track day before the end of the year.

The Lotus on Track events appear to be very good value, but I doubt they'll let an Onyx Firefox join in the fun!

David H

Lotus on track allow any 2 seater open top car!!

dave_bence

Quote from: David H on 23, May, 2010, 10:20:33 AM
Lotus on track allow any 2 seater open top car!!

That's good news!

Here's some more good news:

http://www.savedonington.co.uk/

Krazyken

Don't forget to add in Pembrey on 11th Sept as detailed on another thread.  I have arranged a deal with ME where if we can get 10 with other clubs we all get 20min free instruction with a qualified ARDS instructor.  A great track that has everything for a modest £169 open pit lane and onlt 1&1/2 hours from the bridge. 

David H

unfortunately or fortunately??? I'm on my honey moon on that date. I think i'm gutted??!?!?