News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

West Bay Run 5th Sept

Started by Bulldog Bri, 26, August, 2010, 09:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Bulldog Bri

As Phil has pointed out, it's got a little messy so starting a new thread.

West Bay Run

Revised and cleaned up thread... see below.

'The Gaffer'

West Bay Run. Sun 5th Sep 2010.

Meet at layby on A37 just after Whitchurch (Zoom in on Google Map (A) for location) at 9.30am set off 9.45am.

Next. Meeting point (B) for 10.00 to 10.15. (Thanks Kevin)

Old Mendip Inn pub
Gurney Slade
Nr Radstock
BA3 4UU

This pub is located on the A37 at the junction of the B3135. The pub is currently closed and has a large car park that sits right on the main road.

Follow map, arrive West Bay (C) for lunch. Total journey time 1hr 51mins plus stops. 59 Miles.

Have a look round, enjoy the beach, eat some cockles and return, reverse of above.

Sorted.

Who is going?

1.  Bulldog Bri
2.  Evolution
3.  Wallnut
4.  MendipWursel
5.  Paintman
6.  Hairy Santa
7.  Dixie

paintman

IF we're coming from Warminster, Frome, Trowbridge etc ....we could meet up with you lot farther on, or we will be going backwards. 

Would it be a good idea for those in this position to PM me and then we could find a suitable place to meet you?

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: paintman on 27, August, 2010, 11:14:00 PM
IF we're coming from Warminster, Frome, Trowbridge etc ....we could meet up with you lot farther on, or we will be going backwards. 

Would it be a good idea for those in this position to PM me and then we could find a suitable place to meet you?

Tony

Yep, one more stop is not a problem.

foggy

Yeah-I would like to go out on this one, although I am part way through preping the car ready for wrapping, so its going to look a bit patchy!

'The Gaffer'

Who is going? Full details of run on post 1.

1.  Bulldog Bri
2.  Evolution
3.  Wallnut
4.  MendipWursel
5.  Paintman
6.  Hairy Santa
7.  Dixie
8.  Foggy

criddy

Might be able to finally meet some of you! My partners parents have a pub in Pymore which is about a mile from Bridport. (Huge car park, home cooked food and real ales) lol. I think we're popping over to the pub that weekend so will try and pop down. my build is still moving slowly but surely but keep coming across little problems

WALNUT

Sounds like a good place for lunch. if car park is big enough to take us all. What do you think.

Tony

paintman

Sounds good to me! ;D

Ps.  Anyone seen the map to meet up.....can't raise it?

Bulldog Bri

1.  Evolution
2.  Wallnut
3.  MendipWursel
4.  Paintman
5.  Hairy Santa
6.  Dixie
7.  Foggy

Sorry guys, Got to drop out of this one the gearbox on my Renault Scenic blew up on the way to work today. Got rough quote of around £500 to fix  :'(

Dixie

Sorry chaps, don't think I can make it on Sunday.

Will know definately on Saturday afternoon, but doesn't look good.

M

Hairy Santa

Quote from: bulldog bri on 01, September, 2010, 09:32:26 PM

1.  Evolution
2.  Wallnut
3.  MendipWursel
4.  Paintman
5.  Hairy Santa
6.  Dixie
7.  Foggy

Sorry guys, Got to drop out of this one the gearbox on my Renault Scenic blew up on the way to work today. Got rough quote of around £500 to fix  :'(

Sorry to hear that Bri

foggy

Any one living over my neck of the woods(Shirehampton) the Portway is shut on Sunday,parts of Hotwells and Anchor Road-half marathon (why run when you can drive a kit car!) I take it that the meeting place is in the lay by at the bottom of the hill out of Whitchurch, hope to see you there.

'The Gaffer'

Yeah, that is bad news Bri, but were you taking the scenic on the run?

Bulldog Bri

Quote from: G & Toniq on 02, September, 2010, 10:12:54 PM

No! but I need to get it sorted and it's gonna cost loads to fix :'( and I need that one on the road. Till then the Bulldog has to be my everyday car not the fun car, though with this weather I can't complain to much there.

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: bulldog bri on 02, September, 2010, 11:11:49 PM
Quote from: G & Toniq on 02, September, 2010, 10:12:54 PM

No! but I need to get it sorted and it's gonna cost loads to fix :'( and I need that one on the road. Till then the Bulldog has to be my everyday car not the fun car, though with this weather I can't complain to much there.

Surprised you havent been down the scrapper yet Bri and chucked a new gearbox in ;)

Bulldog Bri

1. I don't know the first thing about front wheel drive gearboxes.

2. I've been working from 08:00 till 21:00 everyday this week so not evenhad time to look at it.

If there is anyone here that does know their way around one of these gearboxes.... HELP!!! Cos i wouldn't know where to start  ???

evolution

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Bri.  I won't even make light of it.  £500 notes ain't easy to come (except for hairy - does he want to buy it?)
I'm coming as you changed threads I only picked this one up tonight - maybe have the wife in tow so keep the speeds down to below 25mph please guys.
Steve

paintman

I thought I would meet up in a layby on the A37 just outside Shepton Mallet with Dixie but it looks as if this is in question now.   I'm still going if it don't rain so keep me posted.

Tony

Dixie

Change of plan, mother in law to the rescue.

Looks like I can make it now, so can my good lady.

So bring on the Cockles.

Tony, we can meet in Shepton Mallet at the Charlton Inn by the traffic lights.

M

'The Gaffer'

Ok, looks like the route is sorted,

Have a good time folks and get some pics with some kiss me quick hats :)

paintman

Dixie and myself will me up with you on the trafic lights by the Charlton Inn in Shepton at 10ish.  We will be able to see you from the car park and should be able to join in behind you.

The Inn is on the lights where the A361 from Frome joins the A37.

See ya.    Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

I think I wll drive on down to the Charlton Inn for the meet up point, so forget stop 'B' on the map (Old Mendip Inn) for me.

I will be bring the wife, probably leave Millie the dog at home for this one.

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: MendipWursel on 04, September, 2010, 02:33:37 PM
I think I wll drive on down to the Charlton Inn for the meet up point, so forget stop 'B' on the map (Old Mendip Inn) for me.

I will be bring the wife so be prepared for a nice slow drive otherwise you will be leaving me behind, probably leave Millie the dog at home for this one.

foggy

Is any one going to meet up outside of Whitchurch in the lay by? If not, will you please let me know. I might have to change my plans, if I am the only one going to be there. My car is really looking sad, multi coloured bonnet at the moment,but I still want to do this run. This will be my last long run out. I got to get on prepping the car.

WALNUT

Ill be in layby, as long as its not hissing down

Tony

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: WALLNUT on 04, September, 2010, 04:47:43 PM
Ill be in layby, as long as its not hissing down

Tony

The weather looks fairly good for tomorrow with some sunshine, it looks better than today.

At the moment it looks like there are about 7 cars going which will be nice.....

If anybody wants my mobile number for link up contact tomorrow it is 07850 808723. I will be at the Shepton Mallet stop - Tony, Dixie and me should be waiting there from about 10.00 to 10.15am.

Hairy Santa

Hi Foggy and Wallnut

I will be at the Whitchurch layby , think we should make the time for leaving 9.25 at the latest, so as not to be late for the meet up in Shepton

Hairy

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: Hairy Santa on 04, September, 2010, 09:51:39 PM
Hi Foggy and Wallnut

I will be at the Whitchurch layby , think we should make the time for leaving 9.25 at the latest, so as not to be late for the meet up in Shepton

Hairy

We won't go without you Pete... no rush. Should be a pleasant day, there are loads of cafes there for a late breakfast so you can try them all.

Hairy Santa

cheers Kev

Now your talking my language, of coarse we could always stop for 11'is enroute - and then a nice cafe in West bay area 12.30ish - and then around 3ish somewhere on the way back

BLISS

:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( :) ;) :D D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

evolution

Hairy Santa

evolution

Sorry Hairy, 1st layby A37.  Leaving 8.30, fill up at Cribbs, M4, M32 straight to you.  Should be no later than 9.30, looking more at 9.20

Hairy Santa

Quote from: evolution on 05, September, 2010, 12:07:12 AM
Sorry Hairy, 1st layby A37.  Leaving 8.30, fill up at Cribbs, M4, M32 straight to you.  Should be no later than 9.30, looking more at 9.20

See you  there

foggy

raining here give it a bit longer c what happens

'Mendip Wurzel'

This early morning mist & odd bits of drizzle are set to after about 8.00am and the weather forecast is saying the rest of the day looks okay for Bridport with even some sunshine after lunch.

http://www.accuweather.com/en-us/gb/dorset/bridport/hourly.aspx

Hairy Santa

Well what a  surprize it's Raining

fore cast says getting worse as we go south and in  for a few hours to go, better in the afternoon

are we still up for it ?

I'm not worried about rusting  ;)

foggy

I'm still up for it,just put the hood on, but how many others are still going to go? If I leave now,I could meet at the scheduled time.

evolution

Roof going on now and then leaving. A bit behind schedule with weather. Should still make 9.30.
See you there. Offline now

foggy

Leaving now for the Whitchurch meet.Might be a few minutes late. My mobile No is 07766200063