News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

User names

Started by WALNUT, 08, December, 2010, 05:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WALNUT

Why did you pick the user name that you use on this site, some names are obviously related to your kit car, or one you have owned. The names im talking about, are the ones like Hairy Ssnta, do he really drive a raindeer, or does YellaBelly have jaundice, is KrazyKen really Ken. My user name started with one of my grand kids saying I was brown and wrinkly, like a walnut and not being the best at spelling, I put two Ls and never knew how to change it, so I left it as it is. If there is nothing you can say about your own name, then feel free to take the p**s out of someone else.

Tony

'The Gaffer'

Nice story Tony.

Mine is pretty self evident really G as in G-force and Toniq as in the car I used to own.

Lesson to myself.. dont choose a user name the same as your car, chances are you will sell it on at some point and be left with a unrelated user name ::)

I must sort out a new one.

YellaBelly

Being born and bred in Lincolnshire not far from 'Bracing Skegness' or 'Skeggy' as it's affectionally know in those parts, when trying to decide a username I thought of the term sometimes used to refer to people from Lincolnshire as 'Yellow Bellies'. There are many stories around where the term came from and some are here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lincolnshire/asop/people/what_is_a_yellowbelly.shtml

Found another one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowbelly_%28Lincolnshire%29

So Tony, you may not be far off the truth with the Jaundice guess, although I do not have it as far as I know ;)

If anyone knows of any others I would be intrested to here them. :D

John B

'Mendip Wurzel'

Quote from: G & Toniq on 08, December, 2010, 12:05:27 PM
Nice story Tony.

Mine is pretty self evident really G as in G-force and Toniq as in the car I used to own.

Lesson to myself.. dont choose a user name the same as your car, chances are you will sell it on at some point and be left with a unrelated user name ::)

I must sort out a new one.

Who is going to fall for this one...

'Mendip Wurzel'

Mendip Wursel is where I come from and what I am, a farm lovin cider drinking country bumpkin with below average enteligentz.... and proud of it. 

Furore Phil

Hmm, can't quite remember why I picked mine, some boring reason I guess.

WALNUT

Kevin, you had no need to answer this post, we all knew that lol

Tony

Grin-a-lot

I went for mine because i find Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail highly amusing.  Grin-a-lot sounds like it might have been one of the knights of Camelot; and I like smiling.

Dixie

Not sure where mine came from. :o

Regards Mark Dix

paintman

Mines so absolutely, boringly obvious that i'm not even going there! ;D ;D

(this post is brought to you by PAINT & PASTE....for all your decorating, tiling and house maintenance needs.)

Quarrycars

Pretty boring here too, a name I can remember and know how to spell, I live in a quarrying area in Wales and quarry is part of my home address.

Daley Down Under

Cant remember why I chose mine - it's been so long since I drove the car.  I did start it yesterday when I was in the garage cleaning the road bike.

peetee

Just my initials, PT, but with some 'e's!

Sumov8

I used to train wrestlers in Japan on my time off, and although I had a large engine in my moped once I always dreamed of owning something big and throbing!! ;D ;D

xr2 stu

mines an esay one i drive an xr2 fiesta and my name's stuart (stu)

Denzle

For years people have called me Denzle.   I bloody hated it, my name is Dennis.   >:(       But in the end I give in to the old saying.

If you cant beat um........Join um.

Cheers,  Denzle.   8)

Furore Phil

Learned my lesson...

Never use an actual name as a username... I keep getting messages for the other Phil...

Nothing worth publishing yet

'The Gaffer'

Phil, you can change your username in forum profile / account settings.

Krazyken

Mine came from when I drove the Nurburgring in 2008.  We had limited runs so I attacked the circuit from the off with so many blind crests and off camber corners I lost count.  After our forst run I asked Dave Bence to follow me and lost him after 2 corners where he was being more cautious, he said I was Krazy.  This was reinforced when for my 4th & 5th run I was joined by a bloke calling himself "The Mad Aussie" hanging onto the dashboard for dear life in the passenger seat.  I did my best lap time on the 5th run at 9min 34 sec with no prior knowledge of the circuit.  He told me I was Krazy too.

It then rained heavily which ruined any chances of going faster but this was compensated for by Dave Bence being out in the forest section during torrential rain and came back as though he had been through a car wash.  I hid my concern behind rolls of laughter!