Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Make Sure and Take it Easy !!

Started by YellaBelly, 05, April, 2011, 01:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellaBelly

Saw this on LCB site: http://www.nonstopnews.de/galerie/13018

Not a pretty sight :( Makes you realise just how vulnerable you can be in a kit.

Be careful out there guys ;)

'The Gaffer'

Sobering pictures.

I dont think that is red spray paint on the side of that car.

Be safe you all.

stupott901

That does not look good at all makes you think

Daley Down Under

Try cycling on the roads in Houston. Near miss every minute and even less protection than in a kit. Those F-250 V8 Ford trucks are huge.

Krazyken

Looking at those pics, is anyone tempted to put in a full cage?  Thankfully one comes as standard in the design of my Marlin but it would be interesting to get your thoughts on the subject.

paintman

If you hit a tree in anything it's going to be bad........ I have enough trouble getting out normally, don't think he got out in a hurry after  that impact......poor bu**er. :(

stupott901

I dont think kit cars are at any more risk than being in a tin top if anything i drive with more caution in  my indy as you are more vunreable and dont take any unessary risks and only really push on the open roads when its safe to do so

stu

'The Gaffer'

Quote from: Krazyken on 05, April, 2011, 08:04:28 PM
Looking at those pics, is anyone tempted to put in a full cage?  Thankfully one comes as standard in the design of my Marlin but it would be interesting to get your thoughts on the subject.

I would feel safer with a full cage or even better a 'survival cell' as in F1, but I factor cost, risk, weight and stupidity.

I'm not stupid on the road, I don't need the extra weight and the risk factor is quite small - touch wood. Plus I couldn't warrant extra expense.

A full cage does look cool though :) and if I was seriously competing regulary I wouldn't hesitate... probably no choice.

YellaBelly

I think it's all been said now, it really is all about commn sense and knowing your limits.

I'm looking forward to my first drive but am also a little apprehensive about driving a potentially 'lively' car. One of the reasons I'm getting rid of my bike is the fact that I just cannot grow up! I find myself getting a little carried away and I'm always getting all the family worrying about me when I'm on it.

At the end of the day though, it's all about driving within your limits, I know I will never be able to push any car I drive to the edge of it's limits but I always give them just that little extra respect when they have reasonable performance :)

So here's to a long, warm and above all safe summer :D

knuckle head

Not sure if anyone translated the language but seems another car was involvede and sorry to say but the driver didnt make it he was 51 years old.

R I P..