News:

The forum and its posts will remain visible as a resource for a long time to come.

Main Menu
AIB BKCC Kit Car Insurance
Discounts For Club Members

+-Member Login or Register

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

any info???

Started by tommy, 02, August, 2009, 02:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommy

Hi I'm still looking for my kit car and have seen this
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1136034.htm
does anyone have any knowledge of this model manufacture donor car quality of kit etc etc.
I have tried to find it online  but to no avail so any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Tom

Richard

HI, Tommy hope you've had some of the sun we've had so far today down there !

Not known by me personally, and I think that phone number is a bit out of our area for one of us to pop along and have a look for you.

The Evolution name is used by GKD for a revised G27, so I'm guessing no longer in use by the makers of this.

Suggest writing email to Ian at CKC he may have some history awareness of this model.

Sorry not much help.

'The Gaffer'

Sorry, cant be of much help on this one either. Research dosent bring anything up on it at all with is a bit strange.

Maybe it was built as a one off? Maybe an email to the owner might uncover some info.

Does £6.5K for a 1983 car with no heritage or history sound a bit steep?

The company selling it call it a WESTFIELD 7 EVOLUTION 350 on there website??

Nice looking car though.

dave_bence

That's a rare car, made in Avonmouth near Bristol. I believe only 10 or 12 were made.

I tried to book a test drive in one in late 1999, but the company were very difficult to contact. I think they went out of business soon after.

From memory, the car used a Rover V8 engine and LT77 gearbox, along with a rear axle from a 2.8 Ford Capri. It also had inboard front suspension with rocker arms, which was rare at the time.

Early Evolutions had a split windscreen with two small flat panes of glass. The one-piece screen (from a Mini, I think) came later.

Like all obsolete kit cars, maintaining and renewing the drivetrain should be easy enough, but getting bespoke items such as the bodywork and suspension components could be a problem.

If you need any more information about rare and/or old kit cars, Steve Hole at Total Kit Car is the man to ask.

Bulldog Bri

The club does it again. ask a question and someone always seems to have the info needed.

Well done guys, I've not heard of it til now either :-\ but it does look the biz ;D

8)

Richard

tommy

Cheers  guys and avonmouth would ring true the vendor not the owner did say it was sdi rover based so again well done as said the bodywork could i agree be an issue i do like to tinker but panel beating is a bit out of my remit so thankyou all and anymore info would be great
cheers
Tom
p.s the weather her today 10 meters visibility aahh summer proper job l.o.l